Chapter 2: Buyers choice

The lilting rhythm slowly faded as the young girl watched the carriage slowly disappear, both Thomas and Matthew resting in it preparing for a hard days work in town.

A light breeze sent (Y/n)'s stray hairs flying around gently tickling the sides of her face as the majority or her hair rested in a peaceful bun. The sun had only just crested the large wall, sending a warm blanket to hug her.

Breathing in the fresh morning air and sweet flowers, (Y/n) glanced down to the small girl whom clutched her left hand.

"Ready to start the day, Mila?" She asked as the youthful child turned her head up to meet the sweet eyes of (Y/n), perfectly lit in the morning sun showcasing all their vibrant colors that matched perfectly with her sweet smile.

"Mhm! I'll go let the chickens out and give them their food!" Mila replied with a toothy smile.

"Sounds good, the first buyer should be here soon, the other will come just after noon." (Y/n) spoke as the two started to make their way to the aged barn.

"Okay!" The little girl responded skipping off towards the chicken coup.

Letting out a small chuckle, the girl walked into the barn to get started on her chores for the day.

Not much later...

(Y/n) walked out the feed room to be meet with an older gentleman. His eyes slightly sunken in and creases throughout his face, the man walked with a slight limp, but no cane for support.

"Hi! Can I help you?" (Y/n) questioned, she was used to strangers on the property as they often came for purchases.

"Oh hello dear. I had made plans with Mr. Dwindle to buy a few dairy cows. Do you know where I can find him?" The man asked with a croaky voice.

"Ahh yes, unfortunately Mr. Dwindle had to run out of town today, but he let me know about you and I can certainly help you!" (Y/n) smiled to the man.

"Oh wonderful, my name is Mr. Lee." He responded with a closed eye smile.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Lee, I'm (Y/n), would you like to take a look at our selection of cows?" The young girl inquired, after a nod of approval (Y/n) lead the man to a field of their current dairy cows for sale. They always kept the group's separate so no confusion would occur.

"This is a good selection... I'm looking for.. hmm maybe two or three? Any specific ones you suggest?" Mr. Lee asked after taking a look at the creatures.

(Y/N) glanced up at the herd of cows, each having their own unique patterns. The sun had risen decently high by this time of day, so the creatures were basking in the warmth while munching on grass, hoping no cloud would block their personal heater.

"See that black on with the white stripe in the far left corner?" The girl asked, her eyes never leaving the animal.

"Yeah."

"I'd say that's your best bet. Great producer and soft nature, gets along well with others. Another good option is the brown one with the white legs a bit closer on the left, same nature. If you looking to add another I'd say maybe this white on with the brown spots." She said pointing at the nearby cow who was standing idly swishing her tail at the flys.

The man nodded, "By any chance do you have any calfs for sale to?" He asked after a moment of pondering.

"Yeah we do, would you like to see them?" (Y/n) smiled at the potentially large sale. Thomas would be happy about this.

Walking over to a large indoor stall, three calf's occupied the space. A couple laying down snuggling into the cozy hay, savoring the warmth and one standing at the back of the group with closed eyes.