Chapter 47: Loving Words and Bloodied Shirts

TW/CW: Blood, bloody nose, blood clots (slightly descriptive).

Pushing the door open, the man's eyes quickly scanned the dimly lit room, darkness swallowing his figure in the entryway. Tossing his keys onto the cabinet, he quickly pulled off his shoes, entering farther into the room.

Looking at the couch where he had left the girl, his brows furrowed upon noticing she was gone, the kitchen to the right equally as dark. Hurrying over to the bedroom, he quickly walked through the door, still not seeing the girl he was looking for.

Levi's eyes locked onto the closed door of the bathroom, a small amount of light flooding out from the crack, his heart rate increasing as he neared it. The door handle which he had broken open earlier lay useless and limp. Pushing open the door quickly his widened eyes quickly meet with the slightly stunned woman from his dramatic entrance.

She stood over the sink with a tooth brush in her mouth, her expression shocked to see him barge in, she had changed into her nighttime wear and had clearly been getting ready for bed.

"You okay?" (Y/n) asked with her mouth full, the brush jiggling slightly.

Nodding his head slowly, his eyes eventually detached from hers, having calmed upon seeing her, noticing the broken glass from the mirror that had shattered earlier.

Slowly walking forward, his hand lightly touched her knee, asking her to move slightly. Taking the trash can out from under the sink, he grabbed a pair of disposable gloves as well, slipping them on quickly.

As the girl finished up getting ready, Levi had cleaned up the mess from behind the door, noticing she had already picked up most the large pieces and even cleaned up the blood from his hand.

The thin shards of glass moved and bumped into each other as the man stood up, the bin in his hand moving with him. Taking it into the kitchen he emptied it into the larger trash, hearing the crashing sounds of the glass bits falling down. Once he finished, the blue gloves that protected his hands came off, getting thrown into the same trash.

Levi quickly noticed the woman had already picked up the knife from earlier and cleaned it off, placing it back into the drawer where she had found it.

Rubbing his forehead with a couple fingers, the man sighed, unsure how to help her, though soon found himself back in the bathroom with her.

Placing the bin back under the sink, he slowly spoke up, turning around and leaning on the counter, "We'll be meeting Erwin in his office tomorrow morning, 9:00." He crossed his arms.

Meeting with Levi's eyes, she noticed how tired he looked, "Oh, okay. What for?" (Y/n)'s eyes slowly trailed away, knowing it probably wasn't going to be good.

"Just to go over a few things." He replied flatly, the girl sensing he didn't want to go in much detail, she nodded slowly.  

"Okay..." She whispered faintly, keeping her eyes lowered.

Levi studied her face, his eyes never leaving her. He knew she was stressed, he could tell she was lost. Of course she was, how could she not?

She was an over thinker to start off with, he was well aware she was already freaked out and overwhelmed with all that had happened recently. He wanted to help her, he just wasn't sure how. Levi is a man of few words, he's never been in a relationship like this, let alone be one to comfort another human.

He knew she was special to him, she made him feel things no one else could, she was the only one he would ever show any affection to. But he wasn't quite sure how to approach a situation like this, it was clear he felt something towards her, though he wasn't quite sure how to express it.