Chapter 24: The final preparations

A gust of warm air pushed against the couple as the walked into the small store, the smell of fabric and shoe polish hitting them. As they took a few steps further, their eyes wondered around, looking for anyone who worked there, but the store was quiet.

The girl walked over to the counter, looking around for anyone who could help them, "Hello?" She called out, the silence creating an awkward feeling. Turning back she glanced at Levi, his monotone face showing no emotion as he then turned to continue looking around.

The man began to walk deeper into the shop, eyeing the fancy clothing that rested along the isle wracks.

(Y/n) was about to follow her captain when the sound of movement caught her attention behind her. Turning around she watched as a man jumped up from below the counter, his bald head shining in the light.

His expression went from confused to joy as he spotted the consumers, "Hello! Sorry, I was just taking a small cat nap, you know how it is!" He chuckled shyly while rubbing the back of his neck.

His clothing looked slightly astray, as if he had just thrown it together, his patterned shirt hanging loosely around his body with the first few buttons undone. A messily looped tie swaying to his movements, the vibrant pattern of the silk popping compared to his maroon colors pants. Chunky jewelry lining his body including necklaces, rings, bracelets and chains hanging looped to his pants.

By now Levi had walked back over, standing slightly behind (Y/n) on her right, eyeing the man.

"So how can I help you?" The man asked, smiling warmly as he walked out from behind the counter.

"Uh, we are here to pick up some outfits for a dance, I think commander Erwin had sent in a request about it?" The girl spoke up, her eyes running over his mismatched outfit.

"Ahh yes yes! So your the woman who managed to snag this grumpy man's heart eh?" He wiggled his eyebrow, (Y/n) laughing awkwardly, "Anywho, I'm Dex it's nice to finally meet you, Captain Levi and (Y/n)!"

The pair stayed rather quiet, both nodding respectfully, though soon Dex spoke up again, "So! Let's get you ready, who wants to go first?" He asked excitedly.

(Y/n) and Levi both looked at each other for a moment, just before the girl smiled deviously and pushed her captain forward, her hand on his upper back.

"Levi would love to." She smiled warmly, the dark haired man glaring back at her.

"Perfect! (Y/n) if you would like, you can go ahead and take a look around the store, pick up anything you find if interest." Dex cheered, moving behind Levi and pushing him forward by the shoulder as he scowled further.

Laughing lightly, (Y/n) began searching around the store.

Time skip, half an hour later.

(Y/n) walked along a new row of dresses, pulling out some of the options and eyeing them as she went. Periodically she would run her hand along the fabric, spinning it around to look at the back.

She had a few dresses which she had liked slung over her arm, stepping up to another one she pulled it out and studied it.

"(Y/nnn)!" Dex sung out from across the store, smiling wildly, "Your turn!"

Walking across the store she showed him the dresses, explaining the things she had found interesting about each of them. The man smiled and nodded, occasionally running his hand over the fabric as she spoke.

"Sounds good, I'll have you try those on along with some of the ones I've picked out for you to. Levi's all done, he's just getting changed now!" He beamed, pulling the girl by the hand into a dressing room.

Dex quickly showed her the choices, pointing out the details he admired in each of them.

"Go ahead and try them on, for any that you like, call me in." He smiled ear to ear, exiting the room and closing the curtain behind himself.

Taking a look at each of the dresses, she set aside the ones which exposed to much skin, not feeling comfortable enough with her scars she wasn't a huge fan of open backs or super short sleeves.

After trying on a few different ones, she found her two favorite options, keeping one of them on.

"Okay, Dex." She called through the curtan, soon seeing it open and the man pop his head through.

"Ooo! Okay okay!" He cheered, "Turn around?"

(Y/n) slowly pivoted around, showing off the dress, the fabric moving with her and showing her curves perfectly.

"I love it! Let's see your other choice and then you can decide." Dex said happily, leaving the room.

Fairly quickly, the girl had tried on the second dress, inviting the man back in. After a while, she eventually decided to go with the first dress, loving the way the fabric fell perfectly onto her body. Showing off her curves and features but while still covering what she was ashamed of.

Shortly after, (Y/n) followed the man and had picked out some jewelry and shoes, finishing the outfit perfectly.

"Okay, well now that you look absolutely fabulous, your carriage and man awaits!" Dex smiled enthusiastically, exited to see the pair together.

Smiling shyly, "Thank you for all your help Dex."

"Yes yes now go!" Dex pushed her out from the back area of the store, the view of the main store body appearing. Walking up to the front, she neared the front desk.

Her eyes immediately widened seeing Levi, he sat with one leg wildly crossed over the other so the ankle part of his foot was placed over his knee. He held a paper in his hand he had been reading, but his eyes floated up as he heard the two enter the area.

Levi's eyes widened slightly when they fell upon the beautiful woman who was all dressed up, her hair and makeup styled perfectly.

Slowly sucking in his breath as he scanned over her, admiring her body.

His tux consisted of the color scheme of black and white, small silver detailing and a pair of shiny black shoes. He slowly stood up, his eyes lifting up with hers, realizing she was looking over him as well. Though her pupil's quickly dashed back up to his, the two making eye contact as she smiled softly.

The corner of Levi's lip twitched as if he was about to smile, but quickly shut it down, turning to look back at Dex.

"The bag with you guys other clothing is already in the carriage, the workers will take it up to your room once you arrive back to your hotel. I hope you have a wonderful night, come again!" Dex said warmly.

Both of them thanked him, soon opening the door and walking out. As soon as the door was opened, a freezing chill hit them both, but luckily their ride was waiting for them.

Quickly the two had sat down inside, though the ride wasn't far as it was just around the corner, so it didn't take long to reach the hotel.

Their eyes scanned over the large building, watching as crowds of people entered. Horse drawn carriages crowding the drive way, coming to a stop as they waited in line to get to the entrance. Workers were scattered about, helping in any way possible, a muffled sound of the music could be heard from inside their little bubble.

"If you get uncomfortable at any point, let me know. Let's start by just going around and making small talk, hopefully we can get some information." Levi stated, keeping his eyes out the window. But soon his gaze turned to the girl, "If anyone asks, say we've been together since February, that should be believable enough." He finished, his voice low.

The girl nodded softly, "Sounds good."

As they looked back outside, they watched as the person in front of them got out, their carriage moving forward, they where next.

~
Thank you for reading! Kinda a shorter cheapter but I hope you still enjoyed☺️