Chapter 29: Mood by the Moon

The following hours after the Dale inn's newly famous explosion, the pair had found their way back to the HQ in wall Maria. During the painfully long ride of little medical attention, Levi made sure pressure was held onto (Y/n)'s shoulder, even holding it on for her as she slept against his shoulder.

His head pounding, his back burning, his eyes heavy and dark, he managed to stay awake the whole ride back, always taking care of (Y/n).

Once they had pulled up to the entrance, immediate medical attention had been served to the pair, quickly escorting them to the headquarters mini hospital.

Levi watched from across the room as (Y/n) squirmed in her seat, teeth clenching and gasping as she had the bullet removed from her shoulder. The roles where reversed when Levi had to strip of his shirt, not being able to move his arms far enough it ended up being cut from his own body. Once the shirt was removed, large purple bruises lines his back, swelling, bleeding and darkening. Each of them had other minor injuries, including open wounds from being tossed after the explosion, and a lot of dirt build up.

Soon they had gotten cleaned up and changed from their ruined formal attire, changing into something much more comfortable. Levi had quickly left, leaving to report the situation to the commander.

(Y/n) quickly found herself walking back to her room, slowly. Though as she pushed the door open, her eyes softened. Inside her room sat her two closet friends, Cora resting on her bed as she leaned against the headboard. Matthew sitting at the desk, his arm propped up on the back of the chair.

Immediately upon entering, a soft smile grew on the girls lips, Cora quickly jumped up and ran over, wrapping her arms around her friend.

Though as the ginger jumped on her, (Y/n) quickly sucked air through her teeth, wincing, "Careful!" But smiling softly when Cora quickly backed away.

"Sorry! I just- god I thought I was going to loose you!" She agonized, her face pulled into an unusual frown as she gently took her friend back in her arms.

(Y/n) lightly wrapped her arms around Cora to, burring her face in her shoulder.

"When you guys got back, everyone here was in panic. No one knew what happened specifically but all sorts of rumors where going around, Hange wouldn't let us see you, something about needing space. But I literally thought you where like on the brink of death or something..." She spoke softly, pulling away and looking down at the floor.

Smiling sadly, "Oh Cora... I'm okay, just a little beaten up, but I'm okay." She whispered, slowly pulling her back into a hug, a single tear falling from the green eyed girl onto (Y/n)'s shoulder as she held her eyes shut tightly.

Soon the pair could feel another set of arms gently embrace them, looking up (Y/n) smiled softly at Matthew. The group all standing in silence for this one peaceful moment, rain lightly tapping the window outside.

Once they pulled away, Matthew spoke softly, "I'm glad to see your okay, I'm gonna head back to my room so you can get some rest, I would imagine your exhausted." He lightly pat (Y/n)'s right shoulder, heading over to the door and pulling it open, "Cora don't keep her up, let the girl sleep." As he left and shut the door behind him.

"Can I sleep in here tonight? I promise I won't keep you up." Cora asked shyly.

Letting out a small chuckle, "Yeah, of course."

Cora's face lightened up at her friends words, then a grin appeared, grabbing (Y/n)'s good hand and dragging her over to the bed.

(Y/n) laughed as the two girls climbed onto the bed.

"I wanted to ask, did you use those condoms I threw in your bag?" Cora wiggled her brows youthfully.

"Cora- no what?!" She replied, Cora scoffing and throwing her hands up in a questioning way, "Although..." she trailed off softly, her gaze lowering.