Chapter 20: Hanges lab

"(Y/NNNNNNN)!!!!" A particular brunette cheered while racing into the dining hall.

This morning had only been the day after the young girls and her captain's peaceful tea time, the two had spent a long while together. Mostly in silence, but to the girls surprise, not an uncomfortable one. The dark haired man had just worked quietly on his paperwork while she drank her tea, eventually feeling good enough to head to bed close to midnight.

This Saturday morning had started off calmly, the soft autumn sun warming the air just enough when you would stand in the right places, but breezy to where working out wasn't a struggle. Saturdays are the scouts days off, mostly spent visiting family or doing chores like laundry, perhaps working out or just resting.

As the whole of Levi squad sat peacefully enjoying their breakfast, the brown eyed lady raced into the room, eyes wide and hands stuffed with an assortment of papers.

The silent captain sat in the seat to the left of (Y/n), peacefully drinking a cup of tea and attempting to ignore the current situation. With Cora sitting across the table, an immediate smile was brought to the ginger's lips seeing one of her favorite people in the scouts.

Rushing over to (Y/n) Hange was already beaming, "Good morning Levi squad! Hey (Y/n), you wanna come and help me out with something?!"

The girl had managed to keep her eyes on the table in front of her this whole time, but at this question she slowly turned her head in the crazy woman's direction. Still not fully looking behind her shoulder at her she bluntly replied, "Not particularly."

"Oh come on, it will be fun! It will only take an hour or so, I need someone to experiment on!" Hange cried out, struggling to keep the mess of paper under control.

"And you picked me... why?" She asked uninterested in being a lab rat.

"Because your perfect! Your in shape and healthy!"

"Yeah and you wanna go mess that all up?" (Y/n) replied grumpily.

"Just come with me, it's your off day!" Hange called out, turning and walking towards the dining hall exit.

"And you to Levi!" She shouted back as she left, the man beside (Y/n) scoffing lightly into his cup, rolling his eyes.

In Hanges lab...

"So what exactly did you drag us in here for?" (Y/n) asked as she stood in Hanges lab, surrounded by boxes and piles of lab equipment, everything scattered and chaotic.

Only lanterns lit the room, it was under ground so no natural light could brighten the place up, the smell of chemicals and rock filled the air as well as old wood and paper. Levi stood with his arms crossed, leaning against one of the wood pillars nearby, Hange kneeled down digging through old boxes.

"For this!" She replied, jumping up with a collection of wires in her hand.

"And what is that?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, watching as she started to connect them to machines.

"They will track your heart beat! I want to see your guy's stamina when tasked with different exercises, that was we can see how long you would last during certain missions and such. Unfortunately no titans for you to slice down in here though..." The brown eyed lady trailed off, finishing connecting them to some machines. Both (Y/n) and her captain furrowed their eyebrows slightly at this task, eyeing Hange questionably.

"Okay! Can you unbutton your shirt?" Hange smiled largely, walking over to (Y/n) with two cables in her hand.

The girls eyes immediately widened slightly, her heart pumping just slightly faster as she pictured the assortment of scars lining her body including her chest. If she opened up her shirt, the sports bra she was wearing surly wouldn't cover the mess underneath. As Hange walked closer, she paused seeing the girls hesitation, confused as to why she wasn't moving.