Chapter 43: Lifes Unfair

Same night, a couple hours later.

The warm summer night provided a comfortable warmth, even inside the dark hallways of the old building.

The young girl leisurely made her way down the long hallway, her eyes following the structure and design along the walls.

After the scene in the dining hall, (Y/n) had gone after Levi, finding him in his usual position, behind his desk. By only using a few words and not even bothering to look up, the man had told her to collect her belongings from her room, she was to be moving in with him after Erwin reluctantly agreed.

Owen had been removed from the room a few hours previously, the blood was cleaned and the room looked spotless again, besides the minimal pieces of furniture missing and a few slashes and marks on the wood.

Levi had sent Hange with her to collect her things, already knowing she may need the support. The two woman had made the job quick, stuffing everything into bags and leaving as soon as possible.

As the moon continued to rise over the silent campus, (Y/n) and her brunette friend quietly walked to the stoic man's office, bags slung over shoulders and clutched in their hands.

The girl eyes scanned over the large glass window, looking up to the moon as they passed, the bright planet only revealed a slim corner of itself, carved into a sharp crescent.

A soft smile started to appear on (Y/n)'s lips as she slowed her pace, pausing in front of the glass and watching the moon with kind eyes.

A memory clicked back into her head, seeing the moon like this reminded her of a moment she had experienced with the man she now loved.

About a year and a half ago (around the time just before- Chapter 18: Small Moments) during an expedition outside the walls...

"Derek squad, take the herd coming from the south! Fall out!" Derek shouted, shooting his gear off to a group of trees.

The rest of his squad abandoned their current titans, flying away after their captain to take on the new group of titans fast approaching.

This land mapping mission had gotten way out of hand, what seemed like a simple task of riding around and recording on a map, turning into a deathly battle. Large crowd of titans kept popping out from nowhere, the brave commander shouting orders every few minutes to try and tame the situation.

"Woah! Your a feisty one aren't ya?! Ahah!" Hange cheered, shooting her grapple to a higher location as she quickly jumped out of reach from a large Titan.

"Hange, would you stop playing with them and start killing them?" Levi asked, swinging around the back of another Titan and cutting the nape clean off.

Rolling her eyes at the man, Hange quickly shot up into the air, giving herself a clear view of the nape before shooting down towards it.

Everyone pushed themselves to their limits, theres were to many titans, almost no one had any hope left.

Blood stained the girls clothing, sweat dripping from her skin as she landed on a large branch, using the back of her forearm to wipe the moisture from her forehead.

(Y/n) scanned the area, her breath sharp as she saw how many of the creatures fought her comrades, it looked as if it would be impossible to take them all. Her eyes darted up to the moon, spotting the crescent shape it held, its light beaming down upon the crowd.

Her eyes jumped when she heard a shriek, quickly noticing a girl who was clamped tightly into the fist of a Titan. Her eyes widened as she jumped from the branch, shooting her way closer to the scene.