Chapter 15: Rescue

The pair sat pressed against each other, hidden in the back corner of the cave. Both of them breathing deeply as they slept, comforted by the shared heat. Cold winds still whipped into the cave, though the rain had stopped at some point during the night. Left over water dripped from the tree branches and walls of the cave, splashing into puddles. The birds chirping cheerfully as the wind pushed around the greenery creating a peaceful environment. The sun had only been out for a couple of hours, but the two still slept in each other's arms.

The sound of hooves galloping towards the gate and distant shouting stirred the man awake slightly, he squinted his eyes just barely awake. Looking down into his arms his eyes landed on the girl cuddled up against his own body, her head resting on his chest. Though soon his gaze lazily traveled up to the cave in front of them, the corner they sat in was cut off from the rest of the cave, so while he could see the cabinets, shelves, and fire, the cadged door wasn't in sight.

His heart rate spiked slightly as his eyes jolted to the sound of the door rattling, the metal clinking together, and then the sound of it being unlocked. His eye quickly jumped over to where the swords and gear lay neatly in a corner, to far away for him to reach.

As his gaze shifted back to the wall where whoever was here would appear from, his arm quickly found its way over the girls back protectively, propping himself up slightly on the wall behind him to make it easier to jump up if necessary.

An echoey cluster of foot steps entered the cave, low murmer taunting him and causing more anxiety to flood into his body. The footsteps neared their safe cove, shadows appearing on the ground only getting closer.

Levi's eyes were wide with fear, dashing down the the still sleeping girl in his arms back to the group about to uncover their hiding place.

His heart spiked as the person in the front rounded the corner, but immediately calmed down once he recognized the face and voice that soon echoed through the walls of the cave.

"Oh thank god! I thought-" Hange cried out before cutting herself off, jaw hanging open as she eyed the scene in front of her. The rest of the group appearing behind her including Moblit, Matthew and another member of Hange squad. Hange was quick to realize how close the two were, "Are you cuddling??!"

Matthew stepped up next to Hange, "What the hell?!"

By this point (Y/n) had woken up due to the noise, but was still only half awake as she moved slightly on her captain, burring her face into his chest sleepily. Though soon realizing where she was and who she was on, she jolted pushing herself off him to now be sitting up straight, looking at the crowd around her.

By this sudden movement, the cape had slipped off of her shoulder, revealing the two in only their underwear. (Y/n) quickly pulled the fabric back up in attempt to cover her scars but it had been to late, everyone already saw them.

"Gahhh!" Matthew shouted, spinning around to face the other way while bringing his hand up to his face, "Where are you clothes??"

"Yeah... Where are your clothes, hmm?" Hange questioned raising her eyebrow and smirking.

Matthew quickly turned around again while keeping his gaze down but nearing the pair "God, did you guys fuck in a cave?!" Levi only scowled back at the man. As Matthew neared them, he roughly grabbed (Y/n)'s arm and yanked her up, "You cant be serious!"

As he harshly pulled her up, the girl gasped at the pain on her side, "Matthew-"

Levi was quick to sit up gripping his hand around Matthews wrist, "Let go of her." He growled.

"Why? So you can fuck her again?" Matthew accused back, pulling harder to escape Levi's grip and pull the girl onto her feet, "Your disgusting!"

With her free hand she clutched onto her side where the stitches were being stretched, crying out in agony, "Matthew please!"

"I didn't lay a damn finger on her, now let go your hurting her." Levi seethed, now fully standing up with his grip on Matthew only getting tighter.

"Why should I listen to you?!" The brunette snapped back.

"That's an order Matthew." Levi snarled back, raising his voice slightly. Even though Matthew was a good amount taller then his captain, Levi was still much more intimidating.

The boys eyes left Levi's to connect with (Y/n)'s then slid down her body to the wound she was holding tightly, blood starting to seep through her fingers. Matthews eyes widened slightly, then quickly released his grip and so did Levi.

The girl quickly sunk down onto her knees, cradling her side, luckily the wound on her leg was still fine. Levi was quick to kneel down with her, placing his hand over hers to remove it from the cut, looking at the damage. With a click of his tongue in annoyance, he quickly placed her hand back on the wound to stop the blood as he stood up to grab a towel.

"Levi, I'll help her, go ahead and get ready to leave." Hange urged calmly, taking the cloth from his hands.

The man sighed as his eyes fell onto her body, Matthew had rushed to her side apologizing profusely. Levi furrowed his eyebrows slightly before he turned around and begun to collect his clothes.

~
Thank you for reading, your feedback is super helpful as always so please let me know what you think!

Life's Unfairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें