Chapter 26: Mastermind Behind it All

"Oh fuck... we need to get out of here."

The two body's had separated, (Y/n) longing for the warmth of his lips against hers once more, but the sight of Levi showing distress pushed that aside. The man's eyes were wide, his mind running wild.

"What?" She said softly, almost in a whisper as the light from the moon highlighted her skin softly.

Levi's eyes darted back up to hers, his expression dark, "Think back to the conversation we had with Owen..."

(Y/n)'s mind tracked back to a conversation they had earlier with Owen, the party's hostess and the owner of this hotel.

Flashback, 9:23.

"So your caption Levi eh?" The man asked, tilting his glass of champagne slightly towards Levi, "I've heard lots of stuff about you, mostly about how emotionless you are! I'm surprised you where able to snag a woman to come along with you." He chuckled, raising his hand up and taking a sip of the liquid, "So how long have you two been together anyways?"

"Since February. I heard you recently got married?" Levi responded flatly, changing the subject.

"Yes! My beautiful wife is off with a few of her friends right now but, well let's just say the other men are missing out." Owen winked, taking another drink of the champagne.

"Now I'm well aware not many people agree with what the scouts do, but I think it's quite admirable how you risk your lives to leave these walls. I wish I was that brave! However, I find myself quite busy with my own business to be off thinking about titans... what monsters..." Owen shook his head, his eyes dropping slightly.

"You own this hotel?" Levi asked, his eyes following the man's movements in an attempt to read him.

"Yes! I own the whole line of Dale inn's. Competition has been spiking recently so work had been crazy hectic, lots of calculations and long days. We are also trying to add some more locations including inside of Wall Rose." He finished, lifting his hand and taking another sip.

"Do you think you'll ever expand to Maria?" Levi asked once he was finished.

As the two chatted back and forth, (Y/n) couldn't help but have her eyes catch on how each time he moved his arm, a bandage was wrapped around his arm, revealing itself when his sleeve would fall back slightly. Then she watched as he switched the glass to his left hand, his right hand now going completely limp, as if he was attempting to give it a break.

Her thoughts where cut short when she heard Owen offer his business card, switching his glass back to his right hand. As he did so, his face showed the slightest indication of a wince. To an untrained eye, this would just look like he was scrunching up his face as he reached up to his breast pocket to retrieve his card, the face of concentration as he dug for it.

Once he had the card, he handed it off to Levi, switching his glass once more.

(Y/n) could feel Levi shift slightly as he tucked the card into his pocket, her left wrist was tucked into the crook of her partners arm as he held his right arm at an angle over his stomach.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm?" (Y/n) spoke up, Owen now turning his attention to her as Levi's eyes also flicked down to her.

"Huh? Oh, don't worry about it. It's nothing a woman would understand anyways, just a complication at work." He smiled tightly, now returning his focus to Levi as a confused look washed over (Y/n)'s face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The girl asked confused by his statement.

"Hm?" Owen asked, raising his eyebrows slightly.