Chapter 13: Stitches

The young girl slowly awoke to the soft crackle of a flame, burning its way through small twigs, sending off heat towards her. She rested with her back pressed against the cool wall of the dark cave, the rocky formation providing little comfort to her aching body. However, as she opened her eyes, the world was dark. She could feel the heat of the fire on her cool skin, but couldn't see the flame. Her world, engulfed in darkness.

Bringing her hand up to her face, she couldn't see it. Her fingertips lightly brushed over her face, confirming her eyes to be open, but not seeing anything. Her heart began to beat faster, anxiety seeping through her. Her eyes widened, her hand clutching onto herself as she tried to feel around. Her vision, still not showing any mercy. Her hands skimmed across the rocky floor, then onto the wall behind her, her breath growing quicker as she reality hit her. Everything was black, the world around her silent except the crackle of the fire a few feet in front of her.

Footsteps could be heard entering, she didn't know from where but she could hear someone. The person shuffled around, she could hear their fabric, dripping onto the floor, the rain still relentlessly pounding down onto the roof of the cave. The person walked closer; out of pure fear, she reached for her blades. Panicking when she realized the metal boxes were no longer attached to her hips.

Digging her hand into her boot, she pulled out her knife. Flipping it in preparation to defend herself.

Feeling the damp clothing still stuck to her skin. She don't know how she got here, who was walking towards her or why she couldn't see, but the lack of vision brought a great cloud of fear into her.

"Hey," they said lowly; they must've seen her knife. "Ease up. The hell you got that out for?"

There was a clutter as they set down a group of objects, most likely wood for the fire. She could hear as the shuffled around, sounding like they took off their coat, hanging it up near the fire.

The sound of wet leather and the thud of a boot got closer to her, the warmth of the fire being blocked as the person stood between herself and the comforting heat.

"Here." The voice sounded, indicating they wanted to hand her an object, though she couldn't see what. The girl recognized the voice, it finally clicked in her mind, she slightly lifted her head, looking up at the man but her eyes darting around, unsure of where he was.

"Captain?" (Y/n) whispered, her view still as dark as before.

A moment of silence went by before he spoke again, "What are you doing?"

"What?" She asked quietly.

"Look at me." He ordered, her eyes still darting around, not sure where he was, "Hey, look at me."

"I- I don't..." She trembled, fear growing inside of her. She could hear him crouch down in front of her as he went silent, not saying a word but instead studying her face. However, she didn't know exactly where she was, her eyes now darted in all sorts of directions, not sure where he was now located.

(Y/n) could hear his movement, and then she felt as his warm skin came in contact with her chin, she immediately jerked her head away from the sudden touch, flinching in fear as she held her breath.

"Hey hey hey," Levi's low voice said in almost a whisper, taking her trembling chin back into his grasp and angling her face to look back at him, "Let me see..."

She could feel as he placed a hand on the back of hers, "How about we set this down, alright?" Talking about the knife she still clutched stiffly.

Moving his hand slightly, his fingers ran across her skin lightly. Placing his hand over her fingers, she dropped the blade into his palm.