Chapter 16: Talk with the Commander

TW AND CW: Mentions of rape and sexual assault.

The ride back into the walls had been a silent and long one, not much happened besides keeping an eye out for incoming titans and Hange raving over the creatures.

When everyone had left the cave, Levi and (Y/n) were quick to spot their two horses with the rest. Hange informed them the animals had found their way back to the walls the pervious day.

Quickly after arriving, the pair had been rushed into the nurses office to get care for their wounds, luckily most the damage had been taken care of by each other, it was just a matter of cleaning themselves up now. Soon Levi found himself back in his room connected to his office, he had changed out of his dirty and stained clothing and same for (Y/n) who was now back in her room as well.

The dark haired man sat behind the large wooden desk with his head in his hands, sighing at the pure exhaustion from the last two days. Even though he had gotten much more rest then he usually did when the pair slept in each other's arms, most of the night he sat awake. He just didn't want to move in case he woke her, usually he would just fall asleep 2 to 3 hours before waking up for the day. It wasn't unusual for him to get low amounts of sleep, but for some reason on this night he felt the urge to sleep.

A loud knock at the door jolted him from the quiet moment, adjusting to a more composed position he called out, "Name and business."

"Captain Levi, sir! Commander Erwin has requested to see you and Captain Hange in his office. They are ready for you!" A scout shouted from the hall.

Taking in a deep breath, Levi ran his hand through his hair before replying, "Okay." And standing up, heading over to the door. He wore a simple pair of black pants and a matching black shirt, he had bathed upon return to his room so as he moved his clean scent arose from him.

Once he reached his superiors office and was given the ok to enter, his eyes locked onto Hange's who stood in front of Erwin's desk. As soon as their eyes connected, Hange was quick to look away, glancing at the floor.

"Levi, Hange, thank you for meeting me. Please, have a seat." Erwin spoke up, folding his hands on the desk in front of him. The room was filled with an unspoken tension, little light filled the room as the sun had started to set. A few small candles were placed around the room, flickering and dancing providing what little light they could.

Once the two were seated, Erwin cleared his throat before speaking, "I just have a few questions for the both of you. First and foremost, Levi, how are you injuries?" He spoke calmly, adjusting his gaze over to the dark haired man.

"Fine. Why'd you call me here?" He replied flatly.

Erwin's eyes bored into Levi's with a strong hold, then he broke the contact and glanced to Hange taking a deep breath, "Hange, I'm going to ask you something, I need the honest truth."

The woman in the other chair gave a shallow nod, keeping her gaze focused on the lower half of her commanders desk rather then his eyes.

"When you found Levi and (Y/n)... how much clothing did they have on?" He asked calmly, continuing to look at her as she avoided his gaze.

Levi's eyes immediately widened, realizing what this was about. His gaze quickly shifted over to Hange as well, though her eyes stayed glued on the floor in silence.

"Hange?" Erwin spoke up again.

"They were just in their underwear... but they-" She started before her commander cut her off with his hand, her eyes had risen to meet with his.

Erwin now moved his gaze to Levi, a shadow casted on his face caused Levi's jaw to tense. The blond man held a seething expression, "Levi, do you mind explaining?"

Levi's cold silver eyes connected with Erwin's, both of them staring at each other in silence, both of them holding resentful faces, "I didn't touch her." He said slowly and lowly, his eyes never leaving Erwin's.

There was a brief pause before the blue eyed man spoke, "I want to believe you Levi, I really do. But this is a serious matter, one that I can't just push aside. When I get a report that one of my captains has... touched... another member of his squad-"

"What?" Levi snapped harshly, cutting his superior off, "Who told you that?"

"That's confidential, but as I was-"

"Listen, I don't know who the hell told you that, but it's a load of bullshit. I didn't touch her, I didn't do anything to her and vise versa." He fumed, cutting Erwin off once more.

"Then can you please explain why neither of you had on clothing when found?" Erwin asked back lowly.

"Because we didn't want to die. Both of our clothes were soaked, if we kept them on we would have frozen to death in the cold. We took them off because they were useless, and the only reason we were pressed up against each other was to stay warm using body heat." Levi explained angrily.

"Commander, with all due respect I don't think Levi is lying. He's not the type of person do to that sort of thing." Hange spoke up, both the men still held the eye contact though.

Erwin sighed before looking back to Levi, "And if I ask (L/n), she'll tell the same story?"

"Yes." Levi growled back.

Taking a deep breath, the commander looked across the room to another scout who was on guard, "Please ask (Y/n) (L/n) to come to my office, Hange your dismissed, Levi please wait outside my door."

The black haired man scoffed before standing up and walking to the door, followed closely by Hange. Once outside he leaned up against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Sorry about all that. Erwin had questioned me before you came, but he wanted to hear what you had to say to before he asked (Y/n)." The brunette stated, standing in front of Levi.

Shaking his head he replied lowly, "I just want to know which brat told Erwin all that shit."

"Yeah... me too." She said softly, squeezing his shoulder before turning and walking down the hall to her room.

Only a few minutes had passed before the scout returned to the commanders office, meaning he had already delivered the request to see (Y/n). Levi still stood outside the door his arms crossed over his chest with his head dropped down looking at the ground. His eyelids grew heavy, so for a brief moment he closed them enjoying this moment of peace, wishing to be back in his room.

Though breaking the silence, a pair of footsteps echoed down the hall. As he picked his head up, his eyes locked onto the girls body. She had changed from her grimy bloodstained uniform to a pair of sweatpants and a simple sweatshirt.

His eyes travelled up to her face were the two locked eyes, nodding mutually. (Y/n) immediately picked up on the slight tension, but proceeded to walk into the commanders room after permission.

As soon as the door closed, Levi could hear the murmur from behind the door, but it wasn't loud enough for him to understand what was going on. The man sighed and leaned his head back onto the wall, closing his eyes in annoyance to the pounding headache he had developed.

Several minutes later, the door was opened, the commander stepping out followed by (Y/n). Levi stayed in his position leaning against the wall, but lifted his head and connected gazes with the blond man after briefly glancing at the girl.

"I apologize for this inconvenience, thank you both for coming to meet me. Looks like I'll be having a chat with one of my scouts." Erwin announced calmly before dismissing the pair and heading back into his office.

"Sorry about all of that... I don't know who told Erwin those things..." (Y/n) sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"I've got a pretty good idea." Levi growled, pushing himself off the wall and walking down the hall.

~
Wow three chapters in one weekend! Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed, let me know what you think!