Chapter 4: Levi

Running a hand through his hair, the man slowly made his way down the long driveway leading up to the aged barn.

His soft grey shirt flowed lightly as the wind picked up, the end of his hair ticking the sides of his face. The man no longer wore his work uniform, instead a simple shirt and black jeans.

The sun was just cresting over the wall, creating a glowing aura all around sending rays of sunshine to reflect of the nearby ponds water.

As the man found his way up to the barn, he walked straight through the large weather worn doors that created a grand entrance. The sunlight suddenly disappearing leaving a gloomy darkness to fall upon his eyes, blinding him of seeing the layout.

Both hands in pockets, he squinted in attempt to regain some familiarity with his surroundings. However the only thing he was greeted with was a strange silence, the sweet scent of hay filling up his lungs. Dust particles could be seen floating through the airy barn where sunlight seeped through cracks in the wood.

Light thuds filled the atmosphere as he slowly made his way down the isle echoing off the walls, looking for the young girl he had meet the day prior. Still however, the barn rested an in eerie silence, dark as the lanterns lay still with no fire to flicker them alive.

The man's eyes darted left and right, looking for any sign of life besides the creatures who munched quietly in their stalls. Coming to a halt, his eyes scanned over the barn in front of him still not latching onto anything in particular.

Letting out a soft sigh in frustration, he lifted his foot to turn around and leave this place, disappointed he got ripped off when a sharp cocking of a gun caught his attention leaving him frozen as his eyes slightly widened still not fully turned around.

"Put your hands up." A low voice behind him ordered.

"I'm not messing around, put you hands up, now!" He barked taking a step forward. Not a second later the raven haired man felt the barrel of the gun pressed up against the back of his head digging into him.

Slowly he pulled both hands up and out of his pockets, raising them to up near his head.

"Good, now on your kne-" however before he could finish the request, in one clean swipe the man had used his left hand that had already been being held close to the gun to reach over and grab the barrel, twisting it away from his own head just as a shot could be heard firing off and echoing down the old barn walls. The sound of a horse screeching and a thud as it slammed against the wall.

Making that final step to turn around he now held the gun against the brown haired man behind him, pressing it against his neck pushing him further and further until he was practically being held up by the death grip that both men had against each others shirts.

"Hey! What the hell's your problem man?!" The brunette yelled puzzled at how the roles had reversed so fast.

"The hells my problem? Mind explaining why you held a gun against my head in the first place, brat?" He scoffed out pressing the gun against his neck again to remind him who had the upper hand now, warning him to watch his tone.

"What do you mean?! You were trespassing, probably in hopes to steal one of our animals!" He snapped back.

Quickly scoffing at his last remark he lowered his voice, "Listen, I don't know who you are or what the hell you want from me but I was told to meet here by some other girl I had meet yesterday"

"Who I am? You wanna know who I am? I help run this place! I think I would know if a meeting was-"

"Matthew." The two boys jumped at the low growl and looked up to see (Y/n) and Thomas standing at the entrance of the barn, only their silhouette being shown as the sun shined brightly against their backs, leaving a dark shadows to cover each of their faces.