Chapter 28: Times up

The sticky red substance creeped its way through the cracks between the girls fingers, slowly rolling down and leaving a dark trail behind them. Her fingers grasping tightly to the wound, her breath slowed down, her eyes wide, and her heart dropping. The only sound she could hear was the sound of her own rhythm, her blood pumping through her veins sharply.

The hot metal of the gun was still pressed snuggly to her neck, but her attention had been drawn away from her captor, instead focus on the man who slowly entered the room.

Squinting his eyes, Levi focused in on the man, trying to figure out who it was, his hands still held in the air. When he couldn't name the man, his eyes dashed over to (Y/n)'s, widening when he saw the expression on her face.

Pure horror and fear lined her, he had never seen her so afraid, who is this man?

"Long time no see, eh?" The middle aged man spoke, his voice dripping with venom as he smirked at (Y/n), "Let her go Owen."

However his grip stayed consistent, not adjusting per the man's request. Tauntingly, the man took a step closer, the girls eyes widening even more as her heart jumped.

Through her quick thinking, she used her good arm to quickly jab the man she was stuck to in the groin, immediately being released from his grasp as he hunched over.

Scrambling out of his lap, she raced away from where the man stood, her trembling hand picking up her gun she had dropped earlier.

The thick layer of blood that coated her hand smeared on the pistols material, making her grip slippy. Though she continued to move up her arm, pointing it at the man across the room, her arm shaking as her breath was ragged.

"Oh come on now, that's not how you treat your old pal. It's been a long time since I last saw you, you've grown." His eyes moved down her body, taking in the curves that her dress accentuated beautifully.

"How did you find me?" (Y/n) asked, her words shaken as her breath continued to grow.

"Oh it wasn't that hard, Daddy always knows how to find his little sweetheart." The man smirked, walking closer to the girl.

Her eyes wide and her jaw dropped slightly, she stood completely frozen as the man neared her. Her whole body trembling as more and more blood seeped from her shoulder, tears threatening to fall once more. It had felt like her whole body went numb, unable to move to react, her right arm still propped weakly with the gun.

Levi hadn't ever seen her so stunned, usually she was one of his top fighters, afraid of next to nothing. Quickly stepping forward, he moved towards the girl.

"Don't even think about it, Captain Levi of the scouting regiment." The man spoke harshly, his words slicing through the air as her roughly grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, pointing the gun towards Levi, stopping him in his tracks.

For once, Levi felt completely useless, for the first time in a very long time.

The man walked closer to (Y/n), until he was directly behind her. Placing his face next to her ear, he carefully moved her hair away, his breath against her skin, whispering something into her ear.

Levi watched as her eyes widened slightly, her arm growing weak and falling down to her side. The man took a step back, his eyes connecting with Levi's before turning around and leaving, walking away through the back of the stage, grabbing Owens collar and dragging him with him.