Chapter 23: Croissants and Cruelty 

Tw/Cw: Mentions of rape/Sexual assault

The soft calls from chirping birds filled the room through a muffling glass window, the morning sun shining warmly onto the white sheets, falling onto the face of the resting girl.

(Y/n) lay on her side, curled up into a comfortable position while she held the blankets lightly in her sleepy hands. Her lips parted restfully, her eyes closed lightly and her hair slightly messed up.

The girl had been at such peace, she hadn't woken up to the light movement of her captain as he started to get ready for the day. He had passed through the room earlier and taken a shower, but at this time, he stood in front of the mirror bent over. His hands rubbed the white crisp towel into a wet and crumpled mess as he dried his hair, taking out most the water from his dark locks.

Standing up, he neatly slung the fabric over a metal bar on the wall, slowly staring to clean up after himself. His body and hair was still damp from his warm shower, small droplets rested on the top of his skin, shining under the light as he moved around. His damp hair lay messily over his head, stray strands going in strange directions compared to usual.

He had already pulled on a pair of black pants with a black belt to match, silver accenting. Quickly pulling on two clean black socks, he grabbed his small bag of hygiene products and opened the door to the bathroom, a small click and then a creak following his movements.

(Y/n) had still been fast asleep, however her eyes fluttered open at the sound of movement, her eyes lazily landed on the back of a man who was walking towards the bedroom door.

Opening her eyes more to focus, she watched his body move, the wet droplets atop his skin and the way his hair was messed up. He wasn't wearing a shirt, so she had a clear view of his strong build.

Soon enough, he had exited the room, closing the door softly behind him, careful to be quiet. Releasing a soft sigh, she rolled over, groaning out slightly.

Time skip: A few hours later.

The pair walked down the Main Street just outside the hotel, small shops and businesses lined the roads, many people in fancy clothing roaming around on this Friday morning.

Levi walked along the girls left side, wearing a white button up shirt, the collar hanging loose by one button in a more comfortable manner. On top of this shirt, we wore a longer black coat, providing his warmth from this December air. His clean black shoes tapped along the road, his hair now dried and resting in its usual position, his face in his normal flat tone.

The girl walked happily next to him, eyeing the shops in amazement. She to had dressed up slightly nicer then usual, wanting to fit in with this more modern society.

"Here." Levi spoke up, his low voice grabbing her attention. As she looked over she followed the man as he strayed from the main road, walking over to a small cafe.

(Y/n) followed behind him, watching as he stepped up onto the sidewalk, his hands buried in his pockets. As he neared the door, he stopped and turned back to her, pulling the door with him after removing one hand from the warmth of his pocket.

Smiling in a way to thank his gesture, she stepped him before him. Once the door was closed, they were both hit with a warm gust of wind, stinging their bitterly cold checks slightly. The aroma in this shop smelled of sweet baked goods, cheerful workers moved about as costumers sat quietly at small tables, chatting lightly.

"Go find us a table, I'll order. I've got something I want you to try." Levi's low voice spoke out from behind her, nodding lightly she the moved away from the line, finding a quiet table at the back.