Tension

Roman had been devastated, learning of his wife's demise. When he'd calmed Sans of his shock, Sans had told him what happened. He and Papyrus had been playing in the livingroom while Pretoria was finishing up dinner. She'd called for the boys to clean up, so Sans ushered Papyrus to the bathroom to do so. "then i got this feeling... like something very bad was about to happen. and i told papyrus to hide in the dumbwaiter, and to not come out until i said so..." Sans trailed off, eyelights disappearing. "then the monster came in. broke the door open and shot mom. he tried to shoot me too, but- i... my body reacted on it's own. i was there, but i wasn't in control. i just knew that he was a threat to me and i dodged all his shots- a-and i got in front of h-him a-and i-i..." He could still feel the dust in his mouth as he curled up on himself. "i-i didn't mean too- i didn't! s-something is wrong!" Roman didn't know what to think. It certainly sounded desturbing. But as far as Roman could tell, it was self defense and that bastard killed his wife. Roman told Sans this, rubbing circles into his back as he did so.

⛓⛓⛓

All four boys were in black as there mother and wife's dust was spread the next day. Wingdings, was back to taking care of his brothers, full time. There wasn't no rest for Roman after all as he worked tirelessly to keep his family protected. He NEEDED to get them to somewhere safe, it didn't matter where anymore. Then there was also the small problem of rent, and keeping food on the table for the three. Roman was paranoid of losing his sons, but he also couldn't afford to stop working in the mayor's office as the negotiator between Shade City and Ebbot City. That left Wingdings and his brother's home alone, most of the time. The house was now stocked with stashed away guns and knives so they could protect themselves if something like this happened again. Wingdings wasn't happy. He should be out, working with his father! Why did that monster have to kill his mother? This was their fault! This City was corrupt, and needed to be corrected, and when he became Don, he would correct it.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans was POSITIVE that there was something wrong with him. Something was off. He could feel it, but nobody seemed to listen. He'd told his father, who assured him that it was just self protection. Wingdings saw it, but he'd done nothing. Sans was scared. What if he killed someone else because of this? What if he harmed his father, or Wingdings, or Papyrus? Sans decided to try again with his big brother, in hopes that this time he would listen. He tracked Wingdings to his father's office, sitting in his father's chair, reading some notes and papers.

⛓⛓⛓

"dad'll be mad if he catches you sitting there." Sans pointed out to catch Wingdings attention. "Then don't tell him. Where's Papyrus?"
"in his room... can we talk?" He shifted in place uneasily. He didn't like being in here without his dad being in here as well. "What about?" Wingdings asked. "uh.. remember when we were at the house in ebbot? we were trying to catch papyrus.." Wingdings straightened. "What about that?"
"when you'd found me.. was i... different... to you?" Wingdings leaned back a little, deep in thought. "You were. You're eyes were different, I recall, slits instead of pinpricks." Sans felt even more uneasy. "they were..?" Wingdings nodded. "somethings wrong with me, both of those times, when i was different, i wasn't in control. something is taking control and i'm not sure how much more time i have before it does.." He willed Wingdings to understand, to help him with this somehow. "How do you know?" Wingdings asked curious. Well at least he was listening. "i-i don't know. sometimes i just wake up, and it feels like a struggle just to think. i'm afraid one of these i... just won't come back."
"Like... you won't be in control?" Wingdings asked, leaning forward once more. Sans nodded slowly. "y-yeah... more or less. can we do anything? can we stop this?" Wingdings put a hand on his little brother's skull. "I'll see what I can do, Sans. Don't worry about it anymore." Sans felt relieved. Wingdings would do something about it, he would be ok!

⛓⛓⛓

Roman returned home with a tired look in his eyes. He'd been fighting for their rights, and had won over many humans, but he still had a long ways to go. After that, he'd taken a look at a house out in the county where he and the boys could possibly live of the land and be safe and happy. He knew the boys had never set paw in the country before, but they could learn... the only thing was... it was a human who owned the land, and he didn't seem monster friendly. Roman sighed, going to his office. Wingdings was in there, sitting in his seat. Reading his paperwork. "Windings, what are you doing?" Roman ordinarily wouldn't have minded, but he was tired, he was tense, and he was on the verge of ferality. "Paperwork. You look like you could use a break, father."
"I do not need a break. Where are your brothers?" Roman's tail went ridged and stiff. Wingdings took note, rising from his father's seat. "Sans is resting and Papyrus is reading in his room. I'll leave." Roman watched Wingdings walk to the door. "I love you Dings, you know that." Wingdings glanced at Roman with slight annoyance. "Yeah, sure. You too." He replied, leaving the Don alone in his office. Roman sat down, sighing heavily.

⛓⛓⛓

Wingdings didn't see the big deal, that chair would one day be his anyway. He didn't see why his father got so aggressive about it... unless... his father was as corrupt as the humans and the monsters. It seemed.. the older generation had corrupted the city. Wingdings would have to protect his brother's from this infectious darkness that had plagued the surrounding people and infected his father. Wingdings would reform the world, cleanse it of its darkness that took his mother and was claiming his father. Even Sans was being affected somehow. His brothers would be grateful to him, would think him the best Don in their history. He'd be bigger than Don Fraktur! Wingdings would Bring peace to humans and monsters through this reformation. But first, he had to figure out what was affecting Sans.