Ill Fated

You were doing great! With a week left, you'd managed to get the 200 G necessary to pay the Skeleton Mafia. "Good morning, Mrs. Rachel. How are you doing?" You asked as you saw her in the hall leading to the apartments. "I am well, and you? Do you have the money to pay that blasted Mafia? And to think they are influencing OTHERS into such behaviors.." That was news to you. "Excuse me? Influencing others?" You asked. "Yes. Apparently more Mafias have been springing up all over the city because of these Skeletons. They want what those monsters have. Money and power." You shook your head. "What is wrong with the world? Why couldn't those Skeletons stay where they came from? We would have been much better without them.." Mrs. Rachel smiled a sympathetic smile. "I know dear. Surely they will get bored and move on. Keep your wits about you, [Y/N]." You nodded. "And you as well, Mrs. Rachel." You watched as she went into her apartment. Mrs. Rachel and Mr. Jacob were struggling to make ends meet like you were. Mr. Jacob worked a factory job, and often didn't come home but once a week. That job would cost them.

⛓⛓⛓

You felt like you were being watched, so you closed all of your worn [F/C] curtains and bolt locked your door. You only hoped it wasn't Sans the Stalking Murderer hunting you down. You had dreams about him, and not nice ones either. They were all about your ultimate demise. Sometimes it was at the park, you were brought up by the tall skeleton, his seemingly friendly grin far more malicious in the dreams. Sans would tower over you with vicious yellow eyes glowering down at you, then everyone would watch as he tore you apart as he'd done others. Sometimes you'd be in that alley, the men that was assaulting you were dead, their blood painting the alley red. It stretched out to his paws and he would lunge and bite into your flesh, infusing his deadly venom into your bloodstream. You would die a slow and painful death alone in a place you didn't know. Sans would laugh as he watched the light fade from your eyes. You didn't want to die. Not by him. You hoped that you could keep up with the payments until they did get bored and leave.

⛓⛓⛓

There was that moment in time when you were alone in the bathroom of the workplace, caking on that damned makeup and dolling yourself up for the crowd. It could be argued that this was when you were at your most vulnerable. Nobody to watch your back here. Nobody to hear you if you were attacked. You'd been lucky that there were not predators thus far and Sans didn't seem to find the bathroom to be a good place to die. You supposed even a guy like him had morals. tonight though, was a different story. You brushed your hair and thickly applied lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, all that 'beauty' stuff that made you look like some fragile porcelain doll. The door to the bathroom opened and you froze. You debated asking if someone was there, quickly deciding against it. It didn't matter though. A shadow fell over you, the skeleton in the mirror familiar as he stared down at you. "W-what do you want..?" You stuttered as the skeleton blocked the door with his magic. You shouldn't have been surprised that they were bones, but you were. Satisfied that he wouldn't be rudely interrupted by his brother or other humans, he faced you.

⛓⛓⛓

"GREETINGS, MS. [Y/N]. I AM PAPYRUS AND I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU PRIVATELY... OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T... EM... BE IN HERE.." The youngest glanced around. He never expected himself to be locked in a girl's bathroom WITH a girl, but here he was. He cleared his throat. "IT IS REGARDING MY BROTHER, SANS." You started. "That THING is your brother!?" Papyrus huffed. "SANS IS MY BROTHER, YES. AND DESPITE WHAT HE THINKS IS RIGHT, HE IS ONLY HURTING HIMSELF. HE'S NOT THE MONSTER HE'S MADE YOU BELIEVE HE IS." Papyrus explained. You didn't believe him though. "This is another one of your Mafia tricks, isn't it? Like how you feed the poor? Well it isn't working on me! I know what Sans'll do if I don't have your money, so just go away." You didn't want to deal with these Mafia Skeletons any longer than you already had. "FEEDING THE POOR?" Papyrus was genuinely surprised about that, but now wasn't the time. "THIS IS NO TRICK, [Y/N], SANS NEEDS YOU-"
"Sans doesn't need anybody. He's just a dirty innocent killer." You got up and walked past the skeleton and to the door. "I'm done here, I've got a show to do." Papyrus whined, but unbarred the door.

⛓⛓⛓

Frantic knocking woke you from your fitful slumber and you groggily shuffled to the door, unbolting it and opening it wide so she could get a full view of a very scared looking Mrs. Rachel. "What's wrong?" You were instantly on guard as she trembled before you. "J-Jacob! There was an accident at work! I-I had to use the p-payment to pay for his care!" You realized the problem. Jacob's job was what was supporting them. With him hospitalized and Rachel didn't HAVE  a job... they couldn't pay the fee to live. She was hoping you had money to spare. B u t y o u d i d n ' t . If you gave her what you had now, there was no way you'd be able to pay yourself and your dreams would become a reality. But was it worth watching someone you could have helped die? Could you live knowing you sentenced another to death? Without another word, you fetched what you had.  "Thank you, [Y/N] dear, thank you! I'll repay you! I promise!" You smiled weakly at her. "It's no problem, Rachel.. forget about it.."