Hunts and Truths

They hunted down the other five first. It was an unspoken agreement that [Y/N] would be last for Sans sake. The first human they tracked was a cripple, who simply couldn't attend due to that fact. He had the money though and that was all that mattered. The second human wasn't so lucky. He was running, trying to escape because he didn't have enough. He was a few G short, but the Don didn't tolerate giving humans 'more time'. Because if one human had more time, others would also want it and then he wouldn't end up getting his money at all. Sans was released on that man and killed. The third human was with child, and had it premature. Unfortunately that child had to become an orphan. The fourth human had been working an extra shift so they could pay the fee. That was good because Sans was still mourning for that child. The fifth couldn't pay... Sans had made quick work of them though, they hadn't suffered or anything like many of his victims had. He didn't stop there though. [Y/N]'s apartment was nearby. He could feel the pull. He ran before Papyrus could get close enough to put the chains on.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans followed the pull, calling to him, strong as ever, there was a slight sense of fear and anticipation. His mate was waiting for something bad to happen, but he wasn't going to allow it. He lunged through a window. May have shattered it. May not have. The small details like that didn't matter to him. Nothing would stand in his way of getting to his mate any more. He darted up the stairs. That door was still broke. The next one he faced was almost there. He made quick work of it. A human screamed, door slammed. He didn't care. He was so close to his mate. Here! Sans skidded to a halt and slammed into the door. His weight and momentum broke the knob mechanism, but the chain stopped him from being able to enter. SHE WAS IN THERE! He was so close! He growled, whined, then attacked the door with furiosity. The door splintered under his desperate attacks. He tracked her to the living room. She stared at him with wide, terrified eyes. Soothing sounds played loudly, not at all matching the mood. Finally... Sans was with his mate.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus followed the trail of destruction that Sans left in his wake. He recognized the building immediately. It was [Y/N]'s building, he was after [Y/N]. Papyrus stepped through a broken window. It wasn't broken last time. He rushed up the stairs and past not one, but TWO broken doors and down the hall until Papyrus a door well enough shredded in half. One end still perfectly on its hinges, the other hanging haphazardly on a chain. Deep gashes scarred the wood, and under the strain of Sans attack, it caved and broke. Jazz blasted loudly from inside as Papyrus stepped over the broken mess. "SANS..?" He doubted that the human was alive. This would hit the hardest once he brought Sans back. Maybe he just shouldn't. Spare Sans the heartache. Release him to the wild. As long as nobody cornered him, everyone would be ok. The Don wouldn't be happy, but Papyrus didn't care. "SANS?" He went to what looked like a kitchen. It seemed human kitchens were the same as monster kitchens, though he wasn't sure what else to expect. "SANS!" He found the gramophone, turning off the music. He entered the next room. "SAN-" He cut himself off.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans never preceived the taller as a threat, but now, after being forced to stay away from his mate for so long, he hugged her closer, growling. She was scared and confused and he didn't understand her emotions since he was here now, but he wasn't leaving until she improved. Now the other skeleton was here and he was complicating things. Sans growled again as the other skeleton spoke. "[Y/N]... I NEED YOU TO KEEP SANS ATTENTION FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN, OK?" Sans didn't understand, but his mate seemed to. "W-why isn't he k-killing me..?" Sans nuzzled closer, desperate to calm her racing soul. He licked away her tears, which only caused her to become more afraid. "WE WILL EXPLAIN, AFTER I GET SANS BACK." The skeleton replied, taking a step forward. Sans snarled, attention back on the skeleton. Until his mate talked again. "W-what do you mean?" She breathed shakily. Sans started reassuring her again through licks and nuzzles, whining. "JUST KEEP TALKING." The skeleton told her. So she did. She wanted Sans away. And while he was distracted with her, Papyrus quietly made his way over, cuffing him once more.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans was reeling from both shock and embarrassment. He was shocked that he reacted in such a way towards her and embarrassed with the intimacy that he showed her. The way he'd hugged her close, nuzzled her, licked her. Sans tumbled off her couch, and scrambled away, face brighter than the sun. He tried to hide his face beneath his fedora, but it was gone. He groaned. "someone kill me.. i'm dying.." Papyrus merely laughed. THAT was a sound he hadn't heard in a long time. It was very welcoming, despite the situation. "NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!! I KNEW YOU COULDN'T HIDE FROM HER FOREVER!!" Papyrus tail wagged. "well.. now that we know i can't kill her... what now?" She cleared her throat. "You tell me what the hell is going on." She was still afraid, but she was putting on a brave face now that Sans was away. Well.. he might as well, it should have been obvious now. "you're my soul mate, [Y/N]. i can't kill you. i, uh, i love you. we were meant to be and all that." She went pale. "Oh God no.. not, not with you!" Sans winced as his soul pulsed painfully. "WELL, STILL. YOU ARE IN DANGER."