Monthly Routine

It was 1926 now and Papyrus turned 16. Instead of a party or even a gift, he instead went to work. If it wasn't the first of the month where they'd started collecting a 200 G fee for protection from humans, they were patrolling the streets for anyone who was trying to rise against the Don. Papyrus knew it was harsher on Sans, he was the one doing the killings that he didn't want to do. Or the torturing if Don Gaster wanted them to suffer before death. They had to do something that was actually threatening to his leadership for that to happen though. He slipped into his brown suit, leaving the overcoat unbuttoned because he thought it made him look more intimidating. His height alone was intimidating to most, he'd sprung up like a weed when he turned 13. The boy never got his fedora. He met Sans at the front door, the short 21 year old was smoking a cigar, yellow smoke rising from the offending object. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a yellow tie and his usual fedora. "c'mon bro, 'fore the don gets mad again." Papyrus could see the tired look in Sans eyelights. "COMING BROTHER.." As the boys left the house, Sans produced something from his jacket. "happy 16th bro. i know it ain't much, but.." Papyrus took a brown fedora with a orange band around it. Even now, Sans looked out and cared for his baby brother. "THIS IS PERFECT SANS! THANK YOU!" Papyrus tail wagged happily. Papyrus was happy, so Sans was happy.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus brought four monsters to the front, the Don staring them down while Sans quietly tried to block it all out. Those four were the unlucky ones. They couldn't pay the fee. They would die now, by his hands and there was nothing he could do about it. Well, he could but that meant Papyrus dying and Papyrus was is only reason for living at this point. So he obeyed. They obeyed. Now he felt the cuffs being removed, felt the instincts overwhelming his rational mind, replacing it with desire to eliminate the threats around him and his pack mate, the youngest skeleton. He lunged at the closest of the four, tearing at the throat easily. The next wasn't so lucky, managing to lift their arm that he bit into, the Don's hands holding them in place while Sans made quick work of them. His claws tore at the monsters face and they screamed. It wasn't long before they were turning to dust on the ground. The last two was mother and child, a family that couldn't pay. The mother sobbed as her child was torn apart and into dust. The mother simply accepted her fate after that. The Don restrained Sans after that, Papyrus locking him back in. Sans cried over the blood spilt, he always would. Especially when it came to the families with children. Papyrus was always there to comfort him.

⛓⛓⛓

Wingdings was in his office. Over the last 4 years things had gone EXTREMELY well. The boys were abiding to his wishing, they were under his control. The mayor couldn't do anything, as long as he had a force like Sans on his side, he was unstoppable. Now that they had Shade city.. Wingdings was setting his sights higher. The human city of Ebbot. If humans were anything like monsters, it would take more convincing. Not everyone would coform due to their determination. Luckily Sans wouldn't either, as long as he felt threatened. With Wingdings around, he always felt threatened.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus was worried. Worried about how far the Don would go to get what he wanted. Whatever it was he wanted.. he also worried about Sans. How much could he take of this before he gave up? He knew it hurt Sans to kill others. He knew Sans was depressed and he tried to make things better, but the Don didn't make it easy.. Papyrus knocked lightly on his brother's door. "SANS..?" The older didn't answer, further worrying the youngest. He knocked harder. "SANS...!" The was a groan and shuffling from the other side of the door. The Sans poked his head out. "...sup..?" He questioned tiredly, yawning. "YOU... WERE SLEEPING?" He gave a nod. Papyrus felt a little bad. "WERE... YOU HAVING NIGHTMARES AGAIN?" Sans hesitated, than nodded again. "CAN I COME IN..?" With a sigh, Sans stepped out of the way for Papyrus. "SANS, DO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT?" The older shook his skull. "no, just same old." Papyrus hugged Sans. It was a bit random and Sans had picked up on Papyrus mood. It made him worried too. "seriously, what's up pap, what's eating at you?"
"I- I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU, SANS... I.."
"hey, hey! what makes you think i'm kicking the bucket, eh?"
"I KNOW THAT YOU'RE HURTING AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT... I'M AFRAID THAT SOMEDAY, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT AND THAT YOU'LL.."
"no, no. i'll never pap! i'm ok as long as you're ok. yeah it hurts, i don't like it one bit, but we still got each other, so we'll be ok." Sans promised. Papyrus perked up a little, tail swaying. "WANT TO STAY UP AND PLAY WAR?" Sans grinned, tail also wagging gently. "your on!" Sans grabbed a deck of cards and the game night began.

⛓⛓⛓

"You two, start packing." Wingdings woke the boys immediately in the morning. He'd figured Papyrus was in Sans room, he almost always was. "packing? what about work?" Sans asked. Wingdings waved it off. "We are moving on from this city, you are no longer patrolling here."
"WHERE ARE WE GOING?" Papyrus asked with slight hesitance. "That's for me to know and you to find out, now get packing and bring only essentials. You've got ten minutes." Wingdings left the boys with that, going to pack himself. All he would need is his research and clothes, so it wouldn't take him long at all. 'Ebbot City, here I come.'