Denial

It was way passed midnight when they returned home. Papyrus hadn't been very happy about this, having stayed up until two in the morning to make sure they were ok, but the look on their faces had said all. They'd had fun, whatever they'd been doing and that's ultimately what Papyrus wanted from them. So with a sigh he let them off the hook. "I AM GLAD YOU TWO ENJOYED YOURSELVES. WE SHOULD ALL GET SOME REST THOUGH." Sans and [Y/N] agreed immediately, the young woman yawning as she headed upstairs. "Goodnight Pap, goodnight Sans, and thanks for tonight! It was very fun!" Both boy's tails wagged happily. "GOODNIGHT, EHA! SLEEP WELL!"
"sweet dreams, [Y/N]." When she disappeared, Papyrus whirled on Sans. "SO WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT DID YOU TWO DO?!" His tail wagged in happy excitement, making Sans snort. "we, uh, we danced. she was upset about loosing her job, so i took her dancing." Papyrus was still wagging as he made quiet approving whining noises. "YES, YES UHA! THIS IS PERFECT!! FINALLY!!!" Papyrus headed towards the stairs with a happy bounce in his step. "GOODNIGHT, UHA, AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!" Sans rolled his pinpricks.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans and [Y/N] slept in for obvious reasons and for once, Papyrus allowed this. With Sans at least TRYING to win her affections, whether it was intentional or not, it was a start and deserved rewarding. Not to mention that Skeletons, and most likely humans too, need their sleep. So he allowed them to to rest until eleven. "EHA!!! WAKE UP, BREAKFAST IS GETTING COLD!!!" After, it was no mercy for his brother or sister. [Y/N] groaned loudly. "Uha why?!?" Papyrus froze in shock as she lifted her head tiredly. A sleepy smile plastered itself to her face and she flopped back down. "Five more minutes.." Papyrus felt his soul swell. She called him brother!!! Sans- Sans taught her some of their tongue. Maybe he had been trying. Discreetly. "VERY WELL, EHA, BUT IF YOU'RE NOT UP IN FIVE MINUTES, I'M CARRYING YOU TO THE KITCHEN AND SITTING YOU IN SANS LAP." He turned and walked out chuckling as [Y/N] squeaked and shot up. With Sans, he did pick up and carry to the kitchen. "thanks pap.." Sans yawned and shook himself as if trying to shake off sleep like water. [Y/N] followed not long after.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

"thanks for letting us sleep in bro, i thought it was gonna be a six o'clock wake up for sure.." Sans was leaning lazily on the table, still fighting the pull of sleep. "OF COURSE, UHA, I WOULDN'T BE THAT CRUEL."
"You threatened to put me in Sans lap if I didn't get up. That's cruel." Sans jolted to attention, blushing. "w-what?" Papyrus smirked. "IT'S NOT THAT CRUEL, I'M MERELY BEING HELPFUL AS THE GREAT SKELETON I AM!" Papyrus said with a rather obvious devious grin on his face. Sans stood up. "i-i'm going on patrol- please pap, no more pranks on [Y/N] like that!" Sans asked as he slipped into his coat and buttoned it. "VERY WELL UHA, I WILL TORTURE YOUR SOULMATE IN THAT MANNER!" Papyrus agreed. Sans narrowed his sockets at Papyrus and plopped on his hat. "how about no torturing my soulmate at all?" Papyrus simply "NYEH HEH HEH"d. Sans shook his head. "i apologize for whatever he decides to do in advance, [Y/N]." She smiled at him. "Apology for whatever it may be, accepted, Sans." He lingered for a moment longer, appreciating [Y/N]'s kindness before finally walking out.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

"NOW!" Papyrus slammed his hands down on the table, making it shake as [Y/N] jumped. "Now..?" Papyrus looked uncharacteristically serious. "NOW... YOU TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MY BROTHER!" He sat himself in a chair, waiting for [Y/N] to start talking. She was completely thrown off though. "W-what?! We already established this! I don't like Sans in a romantic way! I mean, sure, we have come a long way since I first met you guys and we are certainly friends, but that's it! Just friends!" Papyrus nodded along. "I SEE... SO YOU HAVE NO ROMANTIC INTEREST IN HIM WHATSOEVER?"
"Uh... no..?" He grinned. "THEN WHY DID THAT SOUND LIKE A QUESTION?" She nearly plotzed at that. "W-what Papyrus! I swear I don't!" She defended herself. "SANS HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HONEST WITH YOU SINCE YOU LEARNED THE TRUTH, I BELIEVE IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU ARE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, [Y/N]. I, FOR ONE, DO NOT BELIEVE YOUR WORDS. I'M SURE YOU CAN FEEL THE CONNECTION IN YOUR SOUL." Papyrus sighed and reverted to his more 'cheery' state. "THINK ABOUT IT, OK EHA?"

⛓️⛓️⛓️

And think about it you did. His words were all you could think about all day and it made Sans worried. "hey... what's up? you seem... out of it." You chuckled a bit. "To be honest, I am. Your brother gave me some food for thought is all." Sans quirked a brow. "really now? what'd he say?" Sans hadn't realized just how impatient Papyrus was getting with him. He'd have to pick up his pace if Papyrus was starting to involve himself in the matter. "He said that I was lying to myself about my feelings towards you. He said something about feeling a connection in my soul? Humans haven't been connected to their souls in years though, I wouldn't even know what to look for if there was a connection!" Sans blinked. This was... a pretty good opportunity, actually. "... i might be able to help you establish a connection, but it would also mean... bonding with me." Sans started slowly. "What do you mean, bonding?" Sans sighed. "it's called soul synchronization. it's when two souls, usually a mated pair, let their souls 'sync' to the beat of each other and allows you to see everything that person had been through. it's a means of getting to know each other, again usually as mates, but in this case we could do it to connect you to your own soul." Sans explained. "... how do we do it?"