Dance the Night Away

You went downstairs to the brother's base with intentions of returning to work. You couldn't stay home forever and the Don still couldn't make his move to kill you yet, so you had no reason not to go. "BROTHER, IT'S BEEN AN ENTIRE MONTH AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T MADE ANY MOVES TO TRY AND GET HER TO RETURN YOUR AFFECTIONS!" Papyrus chided, making you stop in your tracks. "she already said no pap. no means no." Sans responded. "I DO UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT YOU COULD AT LEAST TRY! YOUR SOUL SURELY HASN'T BEEN REACTING VERY WELL TO HER REJECTION. IF YOU KEEP GOING LIKE THIS, YOU COULD DIE!" Wait what? You bit your lip. "sure it hurt at first, but i'll be fine pap. i'm not dying anytime soon. being her friend is good enough." Papyrus stomped a paw, snarling. "GOOD ENOUGH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! UHA, I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY! YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH, THIS COULD BE THE ONE GOOD THING AND YOU WON'T TAKE IT! WHY?" Sans mumbled something but it was incoherent. "... I... UNDERSTAND BROTHER.. I UNDERSTAND YOU'RE AFRAID, BUT... I DON'T KNOW... THINK ABOUT IT? YOU HAVEN'T LOST ME, AFTER ALL!" He laughed and that seemed to be the end of it.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Reluctantly, you stepped around, hoping that you looked like you hadn't been listening in on their conversation. "Sans, Papyrus." You addressed your 'bodyguards'. Sans head twitched and he turned his head towards you. Papyrus had this look in his sockets, no doubt telling Sans to take you out. You... weren't sure what to actually think of that. Sans was completely different than you'd imagined and he was respecting your answer that you'd given him in the beginning. Yet, a small part of you did want him to at least try to fight for your affection. Maybe it was because you didn't want him to be in pain. Or die. He was your friend. Maybe it was because of Papyrus, and how he desperately wanted for his brother to be happy. Maybe it was something else. "I really need to get back to work. I can't stay here." Papyrus opened his mouth to object. "And I know your Don is a threat, but last I checked, he was still wounded and I have you guys to protect me." Papyrus still didn't look convinced and you were positive it was going to be a no. "go get dolled up, [Y/N]. i'll escortcha." Sans agreed.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

You could barely believe he'd said yes. Now you were putting on a silver dress and heels, caking thick makeup on your face. You pinned your hair up to perfection and grabbed your purse. You headed back down where Papyrus was worriedly ranting at Sans... again. "AND YOU WILL BE BACK AT 11 PM SHARP?" Sans grinned. "make it midnight, she missed a lot of work." Papyrus crossed his arms. "FINE. AND AT THE FIRST SIGN OF DANGER YOU WILL GRAB EHA AND RETURN HOME?" Eha? What was that? Sans blushed and cleared his throat. "yeah bro." Papyrus smirked at Sans reaction. "AND YOU WILL BOTH HAVE FUN?" Sans defended himself quickly. "it's just work bro, not a date. i'll just be chilling at the bar and she'll be singing. same old." He shrugged to which Papyrus groaned in disappointment. "... BE SAFE.." Sans shot Papyrus a smile. "we will bro." Sans glanced over to you, blush ever present on his face. "ready [Y/N]?" You jumped and nodded, not expecting to be addressed. You didn't even know that he knew you were there. "c'mon, let's walk." You rushed after him. "Goodnight Papyrus!"
"GOODNIGHT, HAVE FUN!!"

⛓️⛓️⛓️

"ready to get back to work?" Sans asked as you nodded. "I'm ready to start making money." He chuckled quietly. "... you don't have to worry about me, i'll seriously be fine." You gave him a confused look. "What?" He returned your confusion with a knowing glance. "mine and pap's conversation earlier. about me not fighting for you. i knew you were there. could feel the pull. my soul really is fine. hasn't been in pain for quite awhile now, not even when the don, uh, y'know. and i won't go after you either. that is, not unless you really want me to." You were internally panicking. He knew you were there, he knew! He placed a hand on your shoulder. "relax, i'm not mad. it's ok." You looked at him to confirm his words. All you saw was reassurance, and something else. Determination maybe? That was strange but... "What does eha mean? I've never heard it before..?" He blushed and looked away. "eha is ancient skeleton for... sister. pap sees you as his sister. uha is brother, by the way, he's been calling me that lately for whatever reason." You thought that was very sweet of Papyrus, and looked forward to calling him uha yourself.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Upon getting to work, someone else was on stage, making it quite obvious that you'd been replaced. "I'm too late... I was fired... what the hell was I thinking, thinking I could come back after being gone a month!" Sans took one look at your devastated state and knew EXACTLY what he had to do to make it better. "why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near? just like me, they long to be, close to you~" Sans sang, positioning himself so you two could dance. You for one were to shocked by his deep, melodic voice to care. "why do stars fall down from the sky, every time you walk by? just like me, they long to be, close to you~" Somehow, you both weaved expertly passed the tables, stealing the show from the girl on stage. "on the day that you were born the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true, so they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue~" Sans continued. You decided to pick up and enjoy the moment. "That is why all the girls in town, Follow you all around, Just like me, they long to be, Close to you~" His grin widened. "on the day that you were born the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true, so they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue~" He repeated. "That is why all the girls in town, Follow you all around, Just like me, they long to be, Close to you~" You repeated. "Just like me, they long to be, Close to you. Wa, close to you. Wa, close to you. Ha, close to you La, close to you~!" You concluded the song together.