Persistant

Sans knew he shouldn't have been following her around. She'd said no, but his instincts were driving him crazy, nearly devouring his rationale whole. He was trying to give her space, trying to push back against his sickness, his instinct, but sometimes instinct won. Thus he was sat outside Mrs. Rachel's door, listening in to his soulmate's sweet voice. "I guess it really started when I lent you that money... I had just gotten enough to bail myself out of death for another day, but when you came, your husband in the hospital and the only one that supported you two... I couldn't say no. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to gather the rest in time.." Sans closed his sockets. So that's what happened. She was kind to those that deserved it. He liked that. "So when Sans came, I thought he was going to kill me... but... he didn't. He showed me affection, said we were soulmates. Now they are making a base downstairs, his brother is sleeping in my living room, and I don't know what to do!" [Y/N] stressed. Sans wanted to go in there, assure her that everything would be alright, he nearly did too, but he stopped himself last second as his hand was on the knob and forced himself to sit back down. 

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Mrs. Rachel comforted you and tried to ease your fears, even if she was afraid herself. "It's a good thing he didn't kill you... though I had know idea his name was Sans.. what a strange name.." You shrugged wearily. "Unique at best.. I don't understand how he could think we could be together after all that he had done. It's just mind boggling." Mrs. Rachel shook her head. "I don't know either, but if he is really here to protect you, you should try to get along with him at least. Maybe there is more to the story than we know." You paused a moment. "His brother, Papyrus. He said Sans was sick. They said they had to listen to their Don." Mrs. Rachel looked just as clueless. "It's something you should ask them. Monsters and humans have different cultures so only they would know." You ran a hand through your [H/L] [H/C] hair. "Alright, alright. I'll ask.." Mrs. Rachel grabbed your hands. It still doesn't mean I don't want you to be careful." You gave her a small, reassuring smile. "I will be."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

You saw Sans upon leaving your neighbors. "Were you listening?! That was a private conversation!" You managed to make yourself sound stronger than you felt, which was a plus, and Sans seemed to know it. "'m sorry, i was just checking in." He stood up. "so ya wanna talk?" He questioned carefully. "Not any more. That was a bad move, Skeleton." You seethed, angry that he'd invaded your privacy. Before he could defend himself, you stalked away to your house to kick Papyrus out. Instead, you were greeted with the smell of eggs and hash. "What the hell?" You asked upon entering the kitchen. Papyrus tail was wagging as he pulled a chair out for you, breakfast already set out. "YOU AND SANS WERE GONE SO I GOT BREAKFAST AND COOKED AS A THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY!! IT WAS HOW OUR MOTHER ALWAYS MADE THEM.." His wag slowed at the mention of his mother and you faltered in your original plans. "... Ok.. I'll accept. But only because this was actually very sweet of you to do!" Papyrus wag immediately picked up again.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Breakfast was silent and awkward for all three individuals. It was strange to see the boys without their hats and coats, the articles of clothing left hung on [Y/N]'s coat rack. It was uncomfortable for Papyrus and he just couldn't take it any longer. "SO [Y/N], DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT US?" She froze, glanced at Sans, then shook her head. Papyrus noticed. "OK. I UNDERSTAND." It's better they figure it out themselves, he reminded himself. "WELL, DO YOU MIND IF I ASK YOU QUESTIONS? I'VE NEVER HAD A CIVIL CONVERSATION WITH A HUMAN BEFORE." That made [Y/N] feel uneasy, but she couldn't say no to those curious puppydog sockets. "Ask away.." She sighed. He perked immediately, Sans relaxing considerably at the normality of the gesture. If Papyrus was happy, he was ok. "CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT HUMAN MAFIAS?" [Y/N]'s eyes widened and she looked offended. "pap, humans don't call them mafias like we do. in human culture, mafia is a bad thing." Sans corrected quickly. "they call them 'families'." Papyrus looked apologetic. "OH- I'M SORRY, [Y/N]! I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND YOU!"

⛓️⛓️⛓️

You blinked, bewildered. "Mafia means family in your culture?" She should have known, honestly. They were all Skeletons. "INDEED! WE ARE... BROTHERS... I THINK.." Papyrus looked troubled and Sans looked away, growling under his breath. You supposed... you could answer this. "Well a human family traditionally consists of a mom and a dad, and their children. There was usually four children in a family. The dad usually supported the whole family while the mom stayed home to raise and take care of her children." You explained. The boys looked at one another. "IT'S THE SAME AS OUR MAFIA BEFORE, SANS." Papyrus said. "i know.." Sans replied quietly. You were confused, but didn't pry. The subject seemed sensitive. Not that it wasn't sensitive to you, but Papyrus didn't know better. "I'VE SEEN YOUR PERFORMANCES. WILL YOU TRY AND BECOME A PROFESSIONAL SINGER?" Papyrus asked, seemingly out of whatever they were in. You shook your head. "No. I actually just wanna leave this city, move to the country. But I can't save up because of the 'fee' you have us under." Sans blinked. "we need a plan if don gaster comes after us. need to keep her hidden so she can't be used against us." Papyrus was in agreement and frankly, so were you.