First Encounter

Sans lit a cigar as he walked the town. On occasion, an automobile drove by, otherwise it was fairly dark and dingy. He wasn't where he usually roamed where bars, diners, and theaters lit up like a fair. No, he was in where most humans lived. And it wasn't a pretty sight. This place was broken down and had likely been overcrowded... before his Mafia came. Many of these humans had been much to poor to pay up, it'd been a mass slaughter. The poor, unlike his diamond who was just barely in the middle class and the rich, had the metaphorical balls to fight back. They'd taken up whatever they could find and attacked the skeletons. Papyrus had healed Sans after the enviable, but hell if Sans didn't respect the remaining poor class. That's why he came here on occasion to help out just a little. He bought something from every vendor than gave it to the homeless. Was he supposed to do this? Hell no. But the Don rarely paid attention to the poor, instead focusing on the potentially threatening middle and rich who had the money, usually, to buy guns and fight back. They never did though.

⛓⛓⛓

This was stupid. Following your stalker through the dirty streets of this poor neighborhood. But you wanted to know why. Why the hell did he stalk you and scare you like that? Why did he murder? Why- wait he's buying a hot dog at a food stand? She watched as the short skeleton took the food and drop a few gold coins into the human's hand. He then tipped his hat and walked away. To the next vendor. He went from booth to booth, buying a food item. Yet he never carried any of it. Where did it go? What was it for? You were confused and very weary. What is he doing..? "Thank you, Sans, you are such a fine young man.." An old woman's voice cut through your thoughts. "nah. 'm no saint, ma'am. just making up for what i've done." The skeleton, Sans, replied. "Because your boss? No. He should be the one out here, not you dear boy." Sans chuckled. "g'night ma'am." The skeleton tipped his hat to the old lady. His boss? What he's done? You were uneasy. Was he as bad as he seemed? There was only one way to find out at this point. Follow and confront him.

⛓⛓⛓

Many of the homeless swarmed Sans, knowing what he was there for. He always came somewhere in the second week of the month. "woah, woah humans, one atta time." Sans eased as he passed out food. "Thank you kind skeleton, thank you!"
"From slaughter to laughter, you are a strange one, guy!"
"Can I have one for my daughter!" Sans nodded. "there's more than enough. here ya go."
"Can I have one of your fancy smokes?" A human asked as they started to scatter. "wish i could, but these are pure magic. i don't know what it would do to a human." Sans replied, blowing out some yellow smoke. Not a nasty colored yellow. It was more like a neon yellow. "alright. i gotta go. see ya in a month." Why did Sans feel like he was being followed?

⛓⛓⛓

You watched with shock as Sans the skeleton fed these people. It was clear that he did this alot. Some sort of charity? "From slaughter to laughter..? Did they come here too..?" You mumbled to yourself. "Why is everyone so friendly with him if that is the case..?" There was so much you didn't understand. You ducked into an alleyway away as Sans departed, saying casual goodbyes to the surrounding people. He only paused a moment, his head turning a little in your direction. Did he know you were following? You couldn't tell, his hat shadowed his face. Then he flicked his cigar and continued walking. You were safe for now. You released a breath you hadn't even known you had been holding. You started to slip back out to follow, but someone grabbed you and pulled you back in, covering your mouth before you could scream.

⛓⛓⛓

She is here! [Y/N] is here! Sans was tempted to teleport and ditch her, but in the long run, what good would it do? Not to mention just thinking about it made him feel very guilty. His eyelights wandered to the alleyway he'd smelled her scent in. Alleys were dangerous at night. No matter where in the city you were. Maybe it was best if he checked on- his skull snapped up and to the alleyway. Her soul was in distress. She was in danger. He didn't hesitate a second to track her down and find a couple of leaches on HIS diamond. "well, well, well... whatta we got here? some new prey to kill?" The men froze, [Y/N]'s eyes blown wide with fear. Sans growled low and dangerous. "Your that damned Mafia monster. You can have a turn too, if you want." One of them bargained. Not wanting to die. That only served to piss Sans off as he took one last puff of his cigar and crushed it under paw. His left eyelight flared bright yellow under his fedora and he took dangerous steps forward. His approach was predatory, and intimidating enough to make them flee their prey. Sans relaxed a little when they were gone.

⛓⛓⛓

You skittered back as Sans watched those men run. The yellow under his hat dimmed and disappeared. Then he turned his attention to you. You felt like your heart was going to explode. "W-why..? W-why did y-you feed th-those people..? Are-aren't you a d-dangerous m-murderer..?" Sans growled and huffed. "i am. i only fed those people for my own self gain. humans can't pay my mafia if they are dead and we..." he chuckled. "we like our money." Then he frowned. "so you should probably leave this place if ya don't wanna be my next victim.. [Y/N].." He growled menacingly, effectively scaring the shit out of you.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans watched her leave in a facepaced walk, boarderlining a run. He grunted, putting a hand where his soul was. It hurt to scare [Y/N]. "but it's for the best.." He teleported to his room and flopped onto his bed. Stars it hurt.. he threw his fedora onto his dresser and loosened his tie, pulling it over his skull and hanging it on his closet doorknob. He took off his overcoat, his vest and waited for it all to go away. Waited to drift off out of cruel reality..