First of the Month

You pulled the 200 G out of your secret cabinet and closed it up. You then closed the closet door and inhaled deeply. It was time to pay the monsters. Speaking of the monsters, you were well aware that the shortest, the murderer, had been stalking you. You couldn't really see on the stage, but if you stuck around long enough, you always witnessed him leaving after your performance. At first it had terrified you to know he was watching. That maybe he was going to KILL you early. But he never did. In fact, he always seemed a little more content, if such a thing existed with creatures like him. You slipped on a [F/C] cardigan over your simple white blouse and black skirt. You grabbed your purse and house key before leaving your small apartment. You made the 30 minute walk to the park, she joined a crowd of humans. The same three monsters were there, was it only those three? The cold Don, the reassuring tall skeleton, and her murderous stalker. He was merely looking at the ground, tail low. His hands were behind his back, making you wonder if he was hiding a weapon or something. He looked solemn, which wasn't exactly the expression you'd expected on him. That was, until he looked up, eyelights meeting your own [E/C] eyes.

⛓⛓⛓

You were frozen to the spot as icy dread consumed you. You couldn't look away from the dark depths of his sockets. The only light was the two glowing pinpricks. Until he broke eye contact, looking up at the friendlyish skeleton. The skeleton had put a clawed hand on the stalker's, successfully grabbing his attention. You quickly decided to find a new spot to stand so he couldn't see you again.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus gave Sans that look before going to collect the Don's money. He knew that Sans wouldn't be able to stay away from her for long. He could practically feel his souls desire to be near [Y/N]. Yes, Sans had told him her name. Papyrus could get used to her presence, if only life was kinder to them. Sans could be with her and maybe Papyrus could hunt for his own soulmate. That would've been amazing. Unfortunately, life was cruel and Papyrus was making the small gesture of a slight tilt to inform the Don that the human didn't have the money to pay the full amount. The human was dragged up, screaming and pleading for his life. When he got to poor [Y/N] and she handed him the full amount, he smiled his brightest smile. It kinda shocked her, if her widening eyes and tensing posture was something to go by. He desperately wanted to reassure her that Sans wasn't actually bad, that he was actually the opposite, but he couldn't. Not with the Don watching.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans felt his sanity slipping as his cuffs were removed. He tried to retain his thoughts though. He was mentally scolding himself for catching her eye in the first place. He just couldn't look away from her beautiful [E/C] eyes. He loved how they reflected in the sunlight.. instinct hit, Sans growled aggressively. Close. She was close. In danger. She was in danger. Threats everywhere. Protect her. He had to protect her. Destroy the threats. He lunged at the first, tearing through flesh, metal taste on his tongue. It was foreign compared to the fine powder he was used to. It didn't matter. A threat was a threat every way one looked at it. He tackled the next closest. So much distress. He tried to sense if she was as well among all the panicked souls. It was. He injected a large amount of venom in the next threat before trying to find her. He was restrained though. Something wasn't allowing his to go to his mate and it pissed him off as he thrashed. She was leaving now, her soul getting further from his. He howled for her return, but nobody came. He felt a snarl build in his throat. She felt to threatened, so she left. His predatory mind deduced. She'd return when he finished killing the threats.

⛓⛓⛓

Don Wingdings narrowed his sockets at his pawn. He'd stopped. Only for a couple minutes, but he'd stopped killing the humans. He seemed desperate for something as well, howling and acting even more hostile than usual. Was it the panic? The difference in his victims? Humans were a bit more... overwhelming. Gaster legitimately didn't know, but he noted that he should pay more attention to Sans behavior to make sure it didn't cause him any... problems. After the beastly skeleton DID finish the job, gestured for Papyrus to do his thing. Papyrus had his own individual key now, it was a nuance to keep passing the single key back and forth so he made copies. It's not like they could betray him. They had no reason to. They adored each other too much for a betrayal to happen. And if one of them DID betray him... he would make SURE it NEVER happened again.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans and Papyrus watched [Y/N] sing. Sans was overwhelmed with today's activities as usual when it was the first of the month. He was genuinely surprised when he'd heard that his lil diamond was still gonna sing tonight. But he was glad. He could already feel himself relaxing, and it helped that Papyrus was at his side as well, safe and away from the Don. Still, it didn't excuse what truly was making him panic. He'd tried to seek her out before finishing the job. He seemed to already think of her as his MATE despite the fact that she didn't even know who he was. Surely the Don had noticed as well. He didn't know what to do about that. He COULDN'T  control himself when feral. He didn't want to hurt her. He didn't want Don Gaster to hurt her. He didn't know WHAT to do.