A Bloody Warning

Don Wingdings lead his subordinates to the Ebbot City park, one of the most populated areas in the city. Humans gawked, murmuring hurriedly amongst their kind in fear. Some pulled their pups close to them, others looked desperately for a police officer or someone to take the monsters far, far away. But nobody would be able to save them. Don Wingdings wouldn't let ANYTHING stand in his way. He stopped at a particularly populated part of the park, humans desperately packing their belongings to leave. The Don would allow for that, though. Bones surrounded the park, caging all inside. "Humans, I hate repeating myself so listen well. This is now my city. I have already overthrown your mayor. You will be required to pay a 200 G fee for any sort of protection or assistance. If you try to go against me, you'll be killed. If you refuse to pay, you will be killed. You have a day. If you do not have my money, I will convince you of how serious I truly am." Don Wingdings concluded his speech and dismissed his magic, gesturing for the other two to follow as he walked away. They obeyed.

⛓⛓⛓

You were at the park and despite your wishes that the skeleton was joking... you doubted it. That was a good portion of your savings though.. you really didn't want to give it up. But you didn't want to die either. So you reluctantly went home. Maybe if you just stayed there tomorrow.. you sighed. "I don't know, I just don't know.." You didn't know what to think. Monsters hadn't really come to the city and declare ownership before. She there was a monster that had come on occasion, but he never seemed interested in taking the city. He actually avoided crowded places, choosing not to interact with humans at all. You yourself had only ever seen him once and that was six years ago. There hadn't been a monster in the city since. You entered your apartment building, greeting the receptionist before heading up to your designated floor. You took your key and unlocked your apartment door. You slipped inside, locking it quickly behind you. Then you wandered over to your closet. There was a 'secret cabinet' inside where you stored your money. You sighed heavily. Were you really going to give in to a band of monster who could possibly be lying?

⛓⛓⛓

You hadn't slept well last night. To many possibilities of what could happen to you if you didn't give them the money played in your head. Possibilities like them tearing you apart with those sharp claws. Or poisoning you with their venom, the reason there was a separation between monsters and humans in the first place. Or stabbing you with their tails and watching you bleed out. You weren't risking it. You were giving in. So you took your money and went to the park, giving it to a tall brown suited skeleton. He gave a small, sad smile before moving on. Many refused to give the money. You wished them the best, but they were sent to the front. Those who refused were dragged up by free floating hands. Then the skeleton was going to the front as well. You couldn't really see through the crowd, but you could hear him as he spoke. "Now, bare witness to what happens if you don't obey. I'll be expecting payment in a month." Screaming started. Running. People trying to escape. For a moment, you saw why. The shortest skeleton was tackling a man, tearing through his flesh, blood spraying his face and clothes. You ran.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans locked himself in his room after that horror show. In a way, killing humans was so much worse than killing monsters. Monsters at least dusted while Sans could still see the last expression stuck on the human's corpses. It was petrefying. But despite that, it wasn't what the feral skeleton was stuck on. The day before, he'd felt a strange, unfamiliar tugging at his soul. It was so insistent, trying to guide him somewhere, but he couldn't afford to leave. Then he felt it again this morning. He wanted to follow, but he couldn't. Then his cuffs had been released. He wasn't killing because he felt threatened though, he was doing it because something else was being threatened. He didn't know what. Not until he was on that last guy. Then he saw her and the he NEEDED her. Instead of finishing off the human, he was suddenly running after her, to which the Don immediately pinned him down and Papyrus locked his cuffs in. Sans stared after the terrified human with awe. She was the most perfect thing he'd ever seen. He knew what the tugging was now.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus was scared. He was used to death and violence after six years, but that... that was a scene from Hell. But it wasn't just the nightmarish scene. It was Sans too. Sans didn't say a word and it took longer than usual to mourn over it as well. Sans was dead set on the human girl he remembered trying to quietly reassure earlier. He wasn't sure why, but he feared for her safety. When they got home, Sans went straight to his room. They all had their own bathrooms, but he hadn't come out since. Supper had been three hours ago. It terrified him, he couldn't help but worry that Sans had reached a breaking point and- Papyrus knocked with a rushed sense of fear. He was afraid, Sans wouldn't, he promised, he promised he wouldn't! He promised- The door swung open and Papyrus found himself being pulled into Sans tight embrace. "'m sorry. 'm sorry pap.." Papyrus hugged Sans back with an equally tight embrace. "IT'S OK, SANS, IT'S OK.." Sans shook his head. "i shoulda checked up with ya. there's just... so much. too much on my mind.."
"I KNOW... I KNOW BROTHER, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE... YOU SHOULD EAT, IT'S WAY PAST DINNER."
"i'm coming bro."