The Bad Guy

Two more days went by, and [Y/N] learned a lot about the boys as the boys had also learned a lot about her. But Sans knew that it couldn't be long now. They hadn't returned. The Don was coming. And he would stop at NOTHING to get them. It was the middle of the night when Sans snapped into wakefulness. He smelled the Don. He grabbed Papyrus rifle and a Tommy gun and teleported upstairs to where Papyrus was sound asleep on the coach. "wake up!" Sans shook Papyrus with urgency. "WHA-WHA..?" Sans handed him the gun. "he's coming. He did the same with [Y/N], swiftly leading the stumbling tired human along to the cubby. "get in and don't come out until i say so." He pressed. Once she was inside, he closed the cubby and they boys prepared for a fight, locking the front door, flipping furniture to use as barriers, loading their weapons, and waiting. Sans soul pounded fiercely with aggression and protective instinct. The Don wasn't getting [Y/N]. Sans was going to make DAMN sure of that.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

From your location between the walls, you heard the foot, or rather, pawsteps swiftly approaching your door. Upon peeping through the hole in your cubby 'door', you could see that Sans could hear it too from his location across your living room. You couldn't help but wonder, how good were his senses? The movement stopped ubruptly and there was a moment of silence before you heard some sort of whine. "oh shit, papyrus! get down!" They both ducked as a roar flooded your senses. There was purple, then a cloud of dust and smoke enveloped the room. You couldn't see what was going on at first. But you could hear. The gunfire was loud and how their Don somehow managed to get through that, you had no idea... not until the smoke cleared. A large portion of your house was burned and an all to familiar hand had Sans gun barrel pointing down. His eyelights disappeared as he leapt away. From the other summoned hand that reached for him. "not today!" He growled. The Don himself looked highly unamused, pissed even as he stood in what was once a doorway. "Come here NOW, Sans." Sans growled his defiance. "no." Sans whipped out a pistol and fired at the hands that closed in on him.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

The Don scowled at Sans as his magic crumbled away. He'd laced the bullets with his own magic to disrupt Don Gaster's. Naturally, it pissed the Don off further. "I f y o u d o n ' t c o m e h e r e r i g h t n o w . . . I w i l l k i l l P a p y r u s ." Sans grin faltered into a depressed smile. "jokes on you... he's long gone by now, escaping this city as i told him to." Tears escaped his sockets and down his cheekbones. "he'll never be your pawn again." Don Gaster lunged forward, past his limit. Sans barely managed to jump his barrier and duck past him. He went for the door but yelped as the Don caught him by his tail. He was pulled back, hands pinning him down as Don Gaster grabbed his chains. "Then you will track him down and bring him to me." Sans struggled under the Don's weight, his eyelights caught [Y/N]'s eye. She could tell he was scared. But seeing Papyrus discreetly taking aim... he desperately tried to get him to stop, the Don believed Papyrus wasn't here and he didn't want to watch his brother die.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

You heard the clicks of his chains coming off and he struggled more. His claws raked at the wood beneath him, when you caught his eye again, he was less of the scared skeleton that you were getting to know and more of the monster that this skeleton, his BROTHER W.D. Gaster, was turning him into. You watched as Sans slipped away, Gaster having a firm hold on his vertebrae as he tried to walk out with the monster. There was a bang, and Gaster reeled back, releasing hold of Sans as he did so in favor of clutching his shoulder. Papyrus reloaded and aimed again, but Sans was faster, lashing out at Gaster. He wasn't fast enough and Sans claws tore through the suit, and some of his bones. Sans lunged again, Gaster was forced to flee, disappearing before he could get bit. Sans growled and roared, pissed that his prey escaped, but then he turned to face you and his aggression melted away. He padded slowly over to you, sniffing the cubby in confusion. It was kinda funny to see.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Papyrus locked Sans back in and you were let out. You... really didn't know what to say. Gaster was a dick who incinerated a good portion of your house, and used his brother's for his own personal gain. Sans and Papyrus were both out of it after the attack, Sans backed against the wall, deep in thought, while Papyrus tried to clean up the mess that was made. There wasn't much he could do though. You decided to check on Sans first. "Hey... how are you holding up?" You asked. Sans lifted his skull slowly, giving you a blank expression. "Sans..?" You asked worriedly. "i didn't want to bite him." You paused in confusion so he elaborated on what he meant. "i mean, of course i wanted to bite him, the instinct was still there but... i.... i think i had more influence. more control of my actions. maybe." You took this information in slowly. "Really..? You think so?" He shook his head. "i dunno. i wanted to bite him, but i clawed him instead, like i didn't wanna bite him. i'm just... so confused [Y/N].." Sans groaned, skull falling into his hands. "We'll figure it out, Sans. I promise."