Broken

There was no threat in the darkness Wingdings was cast into. There was nothing he could direct his anger at, any venom Sans had injected Wingdings with during their battle had long since wore off. The former Don was no longer feral, he was alone. He'd had it all and lost it. How could it have ever gotten this far, where he was transported to this realm of darkness? Of course, when he first 'woke up' he'd spent countless hours trying to find the way out. Surely the darkness couldn't actually be forever, right? When he'd grown tired, he opted to call for help. If he couldn't get out, someone else surely would. But nobody came. He yelled, he howled, screamed, raged, went feral all over again. When he came too, he finally realized, he was on his own. Nobody was coming for him. He'd made enemies of everyone, his own brothers included. Gaster bared his teeth. How did he get to this point..?

⛓️⛓️⛓️

He supposed it it started long before his mother died. He'd always looked up to Roman, his father always filling his head with stories and telling him what he would be able to do when he was Don. The idea of having that sort of power... it was intoxicating. But it was always pulled away to babysit Sans and Papyrus. They never seemed to listen to him like they did Roman and it irked him. Papyrus especially who was all energy. All he wanted was for everyone to listen to him, for them to obey him like they obeyed Roman. He finally thought he'd gotten a step closer when he got to go out with Roman. Finally he could spread his influence as the next Don. But tragedy struck, his mother was no more and Wingdings seemed to be discarded all together. He needed to be listened to, he needed to be heard and he thought that maybe helping Sans with his issues would do the trick. Gain their respect. He jumped into his studies. Yes, he was admittedly pretty damn sour about being more or less forgotten by his own father and showed it as often as he could while he conducted his research. When Sans went feral, it only spiraled out of control from there because nobody was listening to him. Nobody was listening to reason.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

When Sans was tamed, he still didn't listen. He was still focused on the Don. If it was only the Don that they wanted to listen to, it was the Don that Gaster would become. He became obsessed with the idea of stealing the power that Roman had, one way or another. He dived ever deeper into his studies, learning the long since forbidden magic that he'd foolishly taught Sans in attempts to get the feral brother on his side of their 'Civil War'. Gaster made more hands to do multiple things at once, learn more, etc. Sans only saw him as mad though, Gaster wasn't crazy, why couldn't anyone see?! That's when he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. Roman needed to die. He was corrupt. The city was corrupt. His brother's, Roman was corrupting them too. Sans was still feral under those chains, Gaster knew that. It was a necessary sacrifice to reform everything to his image and get a little pension out of it too. Taking Shade City had been such a huge success, he thought he could reform the world. Make the peace the monsters were striving for so he targeted Ebbot next.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Yes, he'd had it all, but he lost it to a simple human woman who worked as a performer at rather shady bars and lost everything, but the one she never knew she needed. Her name was [Y/N] [L/N]. She was Sans other half. His soulmate. The tame to Sans wild. He didn't need those cuffs anymore, he had her. She did her job well, too. She freed Gaster's brothers from his tyranny, gave them the will to fight against him and the obsession he could never dig himself out of. Not until now, when it was too late. He had nothing because he had gone mad. Mad with power and he'd abused it. Wingdings curled his tail around himself. This was his punishment, and he was well deserving of it, because even if he had the chance to go back, he wouldn't change. He would try to control everything again and the next time around, his punishment would most certainly be death. Which was the better choice really? Death or a life here without company? That was certainly something he could ponder for awhile.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Over time, Gaster had no idea how long since the Void was constantly dark and the concept didn't seem to exist here, Gaster learned the workings of the Void. It had cost him much, his body was hardly a body anymore but a mass, but he found that if he connected with the Void with his soul, he could slip 'out' for awhile and watch the world continue on without him. He learned that Sans completely abandoned the title of Don and was marrying the human. Another human was helping prepare this human tradition along with some of Shade City's residents. He recognized the Mayor and his mate as helpers, along with Grillby, Undyne, and Alphys. Another human whom was called Frisk also helped. Papyrus found his soulmate in the form of a robot named Mettaton who was also helping with preparation along with a ghost named Napstablook. Wingdings wanted to be proud of his brothers for making a good life for themselves, but he didn't really deserve it. He didn't deserve them. He was the bad guy, he didn't have the right to feel proud of the ones he's made suffer. So, until the end of days, Gaster would watch and accept his punishment.

They were better off without him.

1 chapter left