Ideas?

Sans knew Gaster had escaped again, but he was to tired to get up and track him. Get up? When had he fallen down? Sans opened his sockets blearily and struggled to get back up, Papyrus stopped him quickly. "JUST REST, BROTHER, THE BLASTER TOOK A LOT OUT OF YOU.." Sans groaned as Papyrus picked him up, you peaked up from the counter. "Is it safe..? Is he ok..?" Papyrus nodded quickly. "IT IS SAFE TO COME OUT NOW, AND SANS IS FINE, HE JUST OVERUSED HIS MAGIC." You and Papyrus went upstairs, the latter carrying Sans, who was trying and failing to stay awake. "IT SEEMS WE WILL HAVE TO REPLACE YOUR COUCH. APOLOGIES." You shrugged. "It was my couch or my life, I'd rather it be the couch." You replied. "NYEH HEH HEH! A GREAT MENTALITY TO HAVE, EHA!" He took Sans to what you supposed was now your shared room before coming back out. "I'M GOING TO CLEAN UP, WHEN HE WAKES, WE SHOULD DISCUSS OUR NEXT MOVES." He smiled reassuringly at you then headed downstairs to do as he said. You sighed and headed to the bedroom to snuggle with Sans.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans slept well past evening before Papyrus requested you wake him up. Something about him being less grumpy that way. So you shook Sans lightly. He grumbled and curled in on himself, tail hooking itself around you to pull you down next to him. With a seemingly happy rumble, he hugged you close. "Sans. Sans we need to get up!" A whiny growl came from him as he pulled you ever closer. You whined as well. "Sans! I'm hungry!" You complained, pressing your forehead to his. He rumbled again, apparently liking that. "Saaaaaaaannnnnsssss." You pressed You lips to his teeth and he was awake in an instant, kissing back. For a moment you both just stared at each other, you in bewilderment and him in amusement. "m'k hungry, let's go eat." He rolled off the bed and onto his paws, walking to the door. "WERE YOU AWAKE THE ENTIRE TIME?!" You shrieked. "oh hell no. only most of it." You grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. He ducked away laughing. "SANS THE SKELETON, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" You scrambled after his laughter. You found him and Papyrus in the kitchen and stopped to take in their wide smiles and happy wags.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

"having dinner or what?" Sans broke you out of your staring. "Yup." You replied quickly, claiming your seat beside him. "what had you all smiley?" Sans asked as he reclaimed his hat from your head and set it on the table. "Mm, I decided that I really like seeing you both happy. Speaking of, what had you both so smiley?" You shot back. Sans cooked his head to the side. "i was having fun with my mate, i have every reason to smile." You both looked to Papyrus who was placing plates of spaghetti. "I HAVEN'T HEARD SANS LAUGH IN A LONG TIME, BUT TODAY I DID AND IT WAS THANKS TO YOU." Was his response. You beamed with pride. "as much as i hate to ruin this though.." Sans trailed off. "YES.. CONVERSATIONS MUST BE HAD.." Papyrus agreed. The happy mood disappeared immediately. "What do we do..?" Sans twirled a fork in his spaghetti. "i don't think our answer is here." Papyrus tilted his head. "YOU MEAN..?"
"[Y/N]... how would you like to come to shade city with pap and i?" You froze as Papyrus tail started to wag again. "R-really?" He nodded. "really, really."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

After packing a bag and putting it with the boys suitcases. "Sans, mind if I let my neighbor know I'm ok? After the gunfight-"
"go ahead. it might be awhile before you talk to her again. i have no idea when we will be back." You gave him a grateful kiss before pausing. "Wanna come with?" He paused. "i... don't want to scare anybody." You squeezed his hand. "I understand. If you change your mind, I'll have a spot at the table for you, ok? I just think positive human interaction would be good for you." You shared another kiss and Sans muttered a "have fun" to you. "I will. Don't get to lonely." You told him. "i will." He joked. You stuck your tongue out at him as you left. Soon you were knocking on Mrs. Rachel's door. With Sans beside you. He'd decided to come after all. "[Y/N]! Oh my God-" She nearly slammed the door in panic upon seeing Sans. "Wait, wait, you were right Mrs. Rachel!" The woman paused and looked at Sans wearily from the crack in the door. He'd taken off his hat, head low, gaze averted. She decided to trust [Y/N]. "C-come in, b-both of you.."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans, ever the gentleman, took off his hat and coat, hanging them on the rack. "W-would you like some tea..?" She stuttered. Sans only briefly met her gaze. "yes please." He really didn't want to screw this up. "Yes, thank you, Mrs. Rachel." They took their seats as the human went to the kitchen. "Are you ok, Sans?" He shook his head. "'m kinda panicking. i don't wanna ruin anything." You placed a hand on his. "She's scared too, but this is good. It's ok, you're ok Sans." He shivered slightly. "i'm ok. i'm ok." He repeated. "S-so, a lot has happened since your last visit." Mrs. Rachel asked. "we fought our don... to keep [Y/N] safe." Sans replied. "I'll be going with the Skeleton brothers to Shade City to find a solution on how to get him out of ours." You agreed. Mrs. Rachel blinked. "Oh. Is that safe..?" This time, Sans met Mrs. Rachel's eyes and kept a steady gaze. "nothing is touching her without getting through me first." You blushed. "S-Sans.." He blinked. "it's my job as your mate to keep you safe at all times."
"Tell me more about this 'mate' thing." Mrs. Rachel requested.