Haunting Past

Sans brought you to your room and closed the door. "soul synchronization is kinda private, mostly for the fact that the soul is usually an intimate thing for monsters..." You nodded, gulping as you sat down on your bed. If you weren't so desperate to connect with your soul, you wouldn't be doing this with Sans. That's what you kept telling yourself. You patted the bed next to you. "Let's just do this. What do I do?" Sans padded over and settled himself half a foot away from you. "all you have to do is relax and trust me. we can't sync without trust." He said. You nodded and evened your breathing. "I... I trust you, Sans." You told him... and found that it was the absolute truth. His smiled brightly. "alright then.. hold still, this might feel a bit tingly." Sans focused on your chest, which made you feel hella uncomfortable, until you realized that his phalanges were coated in a yellow aura and he wasn't actually staring at where you thought he was. It was turned slightly above.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

He made a pulling motion and you felt that tingly sensation Sans was talking about and you looked down to see a [S/C] heart with a similar yellow aura around it. Sans frowned though. "heh... you've been through the ringer, huh.." He asked. You didn't really understand until you peered closer at the heart, your soul. It was riddled with cracks. He released your soul from his magic, the yellow aura fading. Your soul suddenly felt exposed and scared. Sans seemed to notice. "cup your hands around it, it'll feel safer." Sans made a pulling motion towards his own chest, summoning a white upside-down heart that was also littered with cracks. "like this." He cupped his hands as if he were drinking water and sheilded his soul so you could still see it. You followed his example and your soul immediately seemed to calm down. "... what now..?" You asked as you looked between the (very out of sync) souls. "just keep doing what you're doing." Sans soulbeat started to slow, then pick up, it's beat fluctuating from what it was before. As it did this, it slowly started to match the pace of yours and fuzzy images entered your head. As they truly started to sync up, the images became clearer until finally, you saw a baby Sans.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

[Y/N] was a sweet little middle-class kid. In this day and age, the middle-class was practically nonexistent so Sans had to commend [Y/N]'s parents for managing to keep their middle-class status for as long as they had. He could tell they loved their baby daughter dearly, their souls sang a tune of happiness that Sans had started to become familiar with himself. Perhaps she just had that happy and bright aura about her. She cooed happily in her mother's arms as she gripped her daddy's finger and tried to eat it. It made all three of those watching her smile more. As Sans watched the memory play out before him, his smile faltered just a tad as he remembered what she told him about her parents. The fatal car crash. This happiness wasn't going to last forever. It never did..

️⛓️⛓️⛓️

Her childhood was a happy one, up until secondary school. That was when Savannah had come into the picture and started terrorizing my soulmate's social life. She purposely made [Y/N] mess up during their lessons and stole whatever [Y/N] was using. She cut her in line and dumped her lunch on the floor. It pissed Sans off and his feral instincts nagged for him to show that kid not to mess with HIS soulmate or else there'd be... repercussions. And not the slap on the wrist kind. Fortunately for Savannah, it was just a memory and Sans couldn't tamper with them. It confused him because she too, managed to live a middle-class life rather than being poor like most children in their city. This was the chance only the rich got and all they had was each other and yet Savannah treated [Y/N] like dirt. "what's the point? to gain popularity with her peers?" Sans asked himself as Savannah tripped [Y/N] in front of a group of rich kids. They all snickered and pointed at the fallen girl. Her soul trembled with pain and hurt and Sans snarled at them in rage, gripping his hat to give him something to divert his attention to other than tearing those little bastards apart. He could handle a lot and not care a bit, but [Y/N] was someone you didn't mess with or bad things happened, same went with Papyrus.

️⛓️⛓️⛓️

At least she had her parents though. For awhile. Eventually when she was a teenager, they let her drive the car for the first time. It was night and people usually didn't go out driving at this time so it was a perfect opportunity. They all looked so happy... but when she was stopped at a stoplight, there was some speeding motor vehicle behind her that rear-ended her. The vehicle they were in ended up smashing into a light pole on her dad's side. The impact killed them immediately. They didn't suffer. [Y/N] did though. Her next legal guardian was a truly crooked man. Kane Carron. The way humans thought our Mafia was. That was all him. He gambled and cheated, sold illegal drugs, booze, and weapons. Killed people and paid off the police to look the other way. Abused women... especially Sans [Y/N]. Sans NEVER wanted to kill a person on purpose before, but there really was a first time for everything and Kane Carron was a real monster. When she turned 18, she escaped Kane, bought her apartment, and got an honest job singing for the bar. She was finally free until a certain Skeleton Mafia came around..