CHAPTER TWELVE: THE DEVIL'S AT MY HOME

It's been two days since I returned home. I wasn't sure if I was going to fully resign from the company or of it was just temporary.

I would continue working there for my family, but I would do them no good dead. I didn't know how long the break was going to last.

When I decided to take a break all I could think of was getting away from my boss. Some of my family have managed to pay me a visit, to them I was this executive working in the city, and working in KING'S INDUSTRIES just made it seem like I was this big time city girl but I wasn't.

I'm just a girl who works her butt off trying to give herself and her family a better life.

    I spent the whole day reading form my childhood library. I had this collection of books when I was younger. I bought books, mainly fictions. I spent the day rereading them and dealing with a nostalgic feeling.

Reading these books was the only time I had alone, I was usually working in the library, helping out at Aunt Celine's cafe, taking care of Sam and my dad or maintaining the house

The books took my mind off reality, I was in a new world and journey with the characters in the books and that was usually able to distract me, but now these books weren't enough to distract me from my boss.

I guess I've matured out of hiding behind the pages of books.

   Looking out the window, it seems the sun would start setting soon. It was almost five o'clock. I decided to go out for fresh air.

I could be able to come back in time to prepare dinner.
My legs took me to wonderland. Wonderland was a place, it was at the edge of the woods or in the woods.

Just beyond the park. Everyone in town called it wonderland because if the fantastic view at the edge of the small cliff. Flowers were growing out the sides of the rocks it added to the peaceful setting.

Normally it is the ideal place for lovers. Young highschool lovers would come here and confess their undying love for each other.

   The sky was already changing colors, the cloud was covering the sun giving the cloud this certain orange color. I decided to head back home, Sam gets very hungry after practice. I decided to head to the park, making my way home.

"Leaving so soon?"I would recognize that voice anywhere.

It was the voice I ran away from.
Emerging from behind one of the trees surrounding wonderland that led to the park was Mr Marcelo.

   He looked as usual like a grim reaper in his all black clothing. Black suit, black tie and a black waist length coat, the only thing that stopped him from looking full reaper was the white shirt he had in below the custom designed suit.

His hair was in it's usual perfect style, except it looked a little rough like he ran his fingers through it and that just made it look all the more perfect.

    His hands as always was buried in his pocket. He had a sly devilish smirk on his face, he looked like a lion who had just caught it's prey after a very long chase.

And I looked like an antelope that has been caught in a deer trap. I just stood there waiting for a sign that this was a nightmare.

  I didn't even realize that he had already moved very close now.

"M-Mr Ma-celo"
I willed myself to say more but I couldn't.

"I miss you my vixen"

he used his index finger to lift my chin making me meet his empty grew eyes but this time the didn't look so empty but I couldn't point out what was in his eyes, I was too afraid to.