CHAPTER FIFTY: MARRIAGE AND ENEMY

SUSAN'S POV.

My heart melted at the sight of the happy bride. I couldn't help the tears in my eyes. I was so happy that they got to this part of their life after all they went through together.

"We should get married." That sentence along with the husky voice was enough to make my thoughts get all jumbled up and snap me out of it.
I pulled away from Marcelo who i was cuddling with.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

He looked as if he didn't say something so life changing and completely insane.

"We should get married." He repeated.

Oh my God.

"W-w-what..- why?" I stuttered still trying to gather myself.

He raised his brows like I just asked a ridiculous question.

"We've been dating for almost a year. We should get married."

"No. To me we've been dating for one month." I retorted.

"So when are we getting married?" He ask so casually like he was asking what we were having for dinner.

Oh my goodness. He is insane.

I think that was already established.

"We are not getting married Marcelo. We just started dating." I finalized.

"Why not?"

"It's too soon."

"No it's not." He insisted.

I glared at him at his response.

"We are not getting married Marcelo. To you we've been dating almost a year. To me we've been dating a little over a month." I explained praying he understands.

"Why don't you want to marry me?" I could swear I saw a hurt expression on his face.

"We should take things slow. We'll get married... eventually." I tried to assure him.

He pulled me to him making me straddle him.

"It doesn't matter if we get married or not. You are mine for as long forever is." He began trailing kisses along my jaw to my neck to my collar bone.

Awwnnn

Here comes the butterfly avalanche.

***********

Recently I can't help but feel I'm being watched or I'm being followed. I of course knew that Marcelo's men were somewhere watching me but they always made their presence as unnoticeable as possible that I don't even know that they are there.

This was different, it felt obvious but I try not to let my brain overthink. If someone was really following me, Marcelo's men would have noticed and I was just  being ridiculous.

My phone dinged indicating a message. I pulled out my phone and a chuckle escaped my lips.

Hannah sent a picture to the group chat. I sent a quick laughing meme before putting my phone in my pocket.
  Things were different now between us. It wasn't quite like before. We've grown closer and Hanna was starting to open up more about her past and I and Aisha are trying to help her get over those trauma. And Hannah did admit that Marcelo haven't given her a task in so long.

I walked into the public library.

"Hey Jojo." I greeted the assistant librarian.

"Susan. Good afternoon." She replied back.