CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A DEVIL PART 1.

Now... everything was clearer to me. There is little to no hope of me getting out of here. He has shown who he really is...the devil. For now I just did whatever he wanted, no matter how much I desired my freedom and want to fight for it. I also would do absolutely anything for my family. I needed to keep my family safe.

         In the past week I had witnessed what he was capable of and the fact that he got away with everything. He had almost killed a man. The man seemed literally half dead but no one seemed fazed by this situation. I remember that day clearly.

      I was staying in my room. I didn't want to see him unless I had to, but the sound of loud groaning and painful grunt had hit my ears. I decided to go see what was happening, my curiosity couldn't get me into much bigger trouble than I already am. Opening my door and heading down the hall, I saw two maids who were mummuring suspiciously to each other their eyes filled with pity and dread.

I walked to the corridor that stood between the huge double spiral staircase that led up to the next floor.

      The huge living room was at plain sight from where I stood. Four men in  black stood at different position in the  living room. I recognized one man who was wearing a leather jacket, he was sitting comfortably on one of the sofas with his  right leg crossed over his left.

I recognize him from that basement and the underground club. He seemed totally undisturbed and comfortable with the scene in front of him that made my ear tear up in pity, sadness and hatered.

          The person who everyone watched and who was the centre of attention dropped the almost lifeless man who he held by the neck on the floor. He seemed to be aware of my presence, he looked up, his eyes staring at mine.

His gray eyes looked cold and empty but looking at it now, the metallic grey was starting to grow darker has it seemed to be having streaks of blue.

      He was only in his white shirt, his Jacket flung over one of the couches along with his tie. The sleeve of his  shirt was half rolled to his elbows, the two top buttons on his shirt was opened. Some of his hair had freed from the rest falling over his forehead.

His knuckles were red with blood, small splatter of blood lay on his collar and some were on the half rolled sleeves. The other part of his face that wasn't covered by his hair had splatter of blood on. His fist was clenched and so was his jaw. His chest heaved up and down in heavy breathe.

The almost dead man was wreathing in pain at his feet. The ground surrounding his feet had splatter of blood here and there, some were even on his shoe.

       I didn't know what to make of the scene before me, and until I felt a liquid drop on the back of my hand I didn't realize that tears were already escaping my ears.

I did the only thing I could do at that moment, and that was to walk away and I did. I walked away and cry my eyes out in the bathroom wondering if it'll be me at his feet covered in blood next time.

        If there was a way to escape Mr Marcelo King, it doesn't exist yet.

      *****************************

        Reading a tragic romance story on an early afternoon was all I could do and that is what I'm doing. Marcelo was at work which meant I could be out of my room. I stayed under the beautiful shade that was erected at the middle of the garden. Marcelo is a devil but his mansion looks like a heaven.

      " You seem to have found a way to keep yourself busy" a voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

  Mr Miller walked up the small stairs and into the shade. I looked up at my new Nemesis.

"Mr Miller, what a pleasant surprise" the sacarsm fully noticable in my voice.