CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: A DESPERATE MAN.

SUSAN'S POV.

It's been a week since Thanksgiving and a week since I and Marcelo became official...well for me. To him I've been his since forever and I don't think I'm okay with the ' you are mine stuff '...but I'll go with it.

I think I've forgotten how to be in a normal relationship since the last one I had was when I was in highschool. I don't think things work like that but the good thing is my boyfriend...- wait... boyfriend feels weird - is not the typical normal boyfriend.

I don't think there is a man out there who became obsessed with a drunk girl, then decided to play horror film with her one night in the office after three years, forced her to go to new York with him, have her witness him commit murder, kidnapped her, threaten her family, dared her to hate him, dared her to love him, forced himself to be her boyfriend and somehow get her to fall in love with him.

See...not a normal boyfriend.

It's great having a boyfriend except that he wants everyone to know that you are his girlfriend... EVERYONE.... including those at work.

Can you believe the guy?

I think it's sweet

Shut up

I'm you

You better put a stamp on your guy, since he is way out of your league.

Thank you for those assuring words me.

"Sue, Dinner tonight my place, you in?" Aisha's question snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh...uhh..-" I looked over at Leo or rather Hannah who was looking at anywhere but me.

"I don't know, i-i-is ha-Leo in?" I asked.

Aisha paused taking a look at Leo and I consecutively.

"We are having dinner tonight and we are talking about whatever the hell is going on with both of you. End of discussion." Aisha ordered daring us to refuse her.

"Ok." I and Leo answered simultaneously.

Guess I'm having dinner with Hannah...No Leo.

Yippee.

**********
THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"He doesn't deserve it. I do." The venom laced voice bounced around the room carrying desperation, anger and hatered but the older man just stared at the son with a condescending look.

"This is why you are not fit to be my heir Marcus." Alexander senior said his voiced laced with mockery.

That was enough to stop Marcus in his rants. He looked at his father with clenched jaw and fist. He was ready to throw a punch at the man but he would also do anything for the man's validation, for the man's approval... something his nephew have served on a platter of gold.

"He doesn't want it." Marcus pressed but the old man's expression remains rigid as his decision.

Marcus fist shook with anger and he could feel the slight sting of his finger nails digging into his palm. His eyes showed envy, hatered and desperation.
He had always had to fight for what was his, even his own father. Everything was out of reach from him.

No...pulled away. Taken . He thought and his heart sang for the hatered of Alexander. The one who took what belongs to him.

"You are too emotional son. The more reason why you are not fit to continue my legacy." The old man pierced Marcus's wound deeper.