CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: I DARE YOU TO LOVE ME 2

"love me... I dare you to love me"

For the past few days all Susan could think about was that night. Everything had gone so out of control. She lost control of the date and suddenly he opened a dark part of his past to her. How could his own grandfather do that to his grandson, where was his parents. According to the internet Marcelo grew up under his loving parents Blake and Andrea. His father owns a world renowned construction company and several chains of malls around the world and his mother is a famous designer. Her designs so expensive and rare.
Susan had seen pictures of his parents but she had never seen a picture with Marcelo in it on the internet. The media presented them as a very powerful and influential family whose influence spreads across Europe and North America.
Susan could deduce from their conversation in the car that their family wasn't a normal family.
'Why?' Susan finally asked the burning question in her mind.
Their ride was earlier tense and silent as both of them thought about what had happened earlier, although in different ways. She wanted to know why he would do that to his own blood.
"I'm not just an heir to a very vast empire as the media points out and I'm not just a self made billionaire of King industries as the world sees" Susan was confused with his answer. If he wasn't the heir or owner of those what was he.
Marcelo could see the confusion on her face.
"I'm the heir to something so much bigger and people like me and my grandfather are the villian in this world. I'm the heir to something much deeper, much...darker"
After that Susan didn't know what to say, but that just made it much more scarier and she was too scared to ask what that was.
"So you are basically lex Luther" Susan joked to relive the tense air.
"Who?" Susan was surprised e would even ask that.
"You know lex Luther" this time she drawled out the name like it would spark so sort of remembrance but his expressions just showed he was so confused and for some reason Susan found it... cute?.
She was going crazy, there was certainly nothing cute about the man sitting next to her.
"Lex Luther, the rich villan who tires to kill Superman every single time"
"Oh" it was obvious he still doesn't know who he is.
"So he isn't real" he added .
"He isn't but it's a surprise you don't know who he is"
" Should I?" He asked raising up one of his perfect eyebrow.
"Not really...You just have so much in common with him" she lightly teased further.
He grumbled under his breath like a child which was surprising to Susan but she dissmissed it as it was probably something murderous and she really didn't want to think about that.

This time Susan was ready to take on this challenge. She had never enjoyed playing truth or dare in highschool, the game was scary as the movie was to her. Bit this time, although this dare was scary and crazy as her boss she would take it up.
It's like it's time to play truth or dare susan
Her inner self mocked.

******************************

Susan gave the door a few knock before pushing it open. As usual he was behind his desk, his serious face staring at the screen of the computer.
Does he ever take a break? Susan asked herself.
I doubt it.
She walked further in the room, his hair was disheveled but still looked good as always. He didn't raise his head to look at her. He just continued what he was doing not that Susan minded it.
"What do you want?" He grumbled lazily like he really didn't want to talk now and he really didn't want to. When has he ever wanted to.
"I love you?" This seemed to stop him as his shoulder visibly stiffen and squared.
"What?" He raised his head up, his voice colder than usual.
"I'm taking up the dare" she didn't shake at his cold voice as she was used to it by now.
"I'm ready to learn to love you Mr Marcelo King"
"Really?" His voice mocking her.
"I am" she answered ignoring his tone.
"How?"
"I'm going to need you to trust me"
" I trust no one".
" I guessed that but you'll just have to."
He looked sceptical .
"Are you trying to chiken out of this, cause I'll understand if you are scared to go with it" She teased.
"Im not scared of anything" that seemed to agitate him.
"What do you want?" He asked.
Taking ba sharp breath Susan decided to ask for something that seemed so impossible.
"I'll have to leave this place"
"No!" His fist slammed on the table so hard Susan was surprised it didn't leave a dent. His voice thundered a across the room. He was no longer sitting down.
Susan swallowed in fear. She was scared at how angry he looked at how dark his grey eyes became. He looked really angry and he was really angry.
"I have to for this to work" Susan said in an attempt to convince him.
And in a flash he was in front of her, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist as he pulled her into him. His hit breath fanning her face.
"You ar not leaving" he growled.
Susan was scared but she wouldn't show it now. He had dared her to live him and she was serious about this.
"I have to" Susan was not backing down and neither was he.
" I promise not to run away" she softly said this time. Susan really wasn't.
Marcelo was surprised at what she said. For some reason that promise seemed to real that he calmed him down a little. He tried to deny that his refusal to let her leave was because of he didn't want to lose his source for entertainment . But getting her out of here was not a bad idea he was starting to have this notion of her.
Her bold words like what she had said earlier was beginning to get to him.
"Fine" he agreed.
"But you'll keep working for me" He ordered.
She nodded her head and smiled at him. Marcelo was startled by that as he pulled away from her.