CHAPTER TWENTY: DETERMINED TO LOVE YOU PART 1

I was tired of waiting around trying to fall in love with Marcelo when I didn't know who he was. All I know about Marcelo was that he was cruel and wicked and heartless and powerful and he acted like he had no emotion. His face was always cold and empty. I was scared to know beyond that. What else could be lying under his cold expression, something more drastic but i am determined to get out of here and back to my family and my life.
I walked into my luxurious bathroom, washed my face and smoothened my pony tail with my palm. I headed down stairs and into the dinning room. As expected Marcelo was sitting at the head of the table. His eyes met mine and after a few awkward seconds of staring at him I decided to walk into the dinning room. I walked over to my seat that was at the other end of the table. I'm always greatful for the space between us at the dinner table.
After we've been served by his servants our dinner we ate in silence and the only thing that could be heard was the clash of cutleries against each other. I wanted to talk to him but I don't think I have the guts. I had to raise a boy who is one of the most stubborn person in the world and some times was the most scary when angry. I had to be bold and courageous and put my feet down on occasions. There is nothing wrong with asking someone how work was, I've been doing it for a few days I can do it now.
"How was work?" I asked waiting for a response and like every other time I asked him this past few days he just looked at me for a long time which was so unnerving and terrifying before looking back down at his plate.
"Well I'm glad to know that everything his fine" I answered myself . A bit of sacarsm present in my voice as I answered my self.
This time he didn't bother to look at me like always. I was tired of getting no reaction out of him. It was frustrating.
"You know what?; I'm trying my very best here to connect with you and everyday It seems like I'm talking to a brick. I'm trying to find some common grounds here and I would like for you to meet me halfway" I was surprised by my outburst and it seems my frustrations had taken the best of me.
This time he looked up and me with a with a wired expression on his face. Was it surprise?. I had no idea but I held my breath hoping his lip wouldn't raise up in a sly smirk cause that was how I know he's angry and would retaliate in an unfriendly way.
"Why?" I was taken aback by the fact that he talked to me and by his question.
Yeah Susan, why?
My inner self mocked. I can't tell him it was the only way for me to get out of here.
"I want us to be ... uhh, not f-, friends exactly but friendly to each other. We live together and dine together. We should know each other don't you think?" I smiled. It was the only hear answer I could give and it was right. He and I live together and i knew nothing about him other than he was my very rich and powerful boss who is a psychopath.
He raised one of his brows looking at me like he was trying to figure me out.
"Fine" he sighed
I wasn't exactly sure what that fine mean. Does it mean okay we can know each other? Or fine I've had my fun it his time to kill you.
With that word he stood up from his chair and walked out of the dinning room. The edge of my lip tipped up at that s first progress.

**************************

I sneaked a peak at him from behind my book. I can't wonder enough how someone can be so attractive. His hair was disheveled. His eyes scanning through his file. He didn't look like a crazy psychopath who was keeping her at his mansion.
"So... Uhh. What do you like doing for fun?" That was the only thing I could blurt out after he caught my ogling him.
The side of his lip rose up and my chest tightened at what he did. Was he annoyed but the smirk looked different was he... Amused?.
" Trust me, you do not want to know"
From his voice and what I know about him so far u concluded I really didn't want to know.
"Yeah... you're probably right" I shurgged if my question agreeing with him.
A sound came from him. I didn't know if it was an evil crackle it s chuckle.
" I need to go out" I thought before sighing.
I looked at him and he seemed to be staring at me it was then I realized that I said it out loud.
"I-I didn't mean that" I tried to convince him.
After a few seconds of staring down at my lap i decided to head out of his home office.
"Be ready. We're going somewhere tomorrow" he ordered
I turned around on my heels fast.
"Really?" I was surprised.
He didn't respond to that so I take it as a yes. Smiling I head out of his office not before telling him good night.

*********************
I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I've arrived at the conclusion. ' I look okay'. I was wearing a black simple gown that flared from my waist to the ski above my knee and a cream leather jacket over it with a black sneakers.
I let the back if my hair down then pleated the front part on both side of my head and brought the rest and held it with a gold pin at the back of my head. I put on a nude lip gloss and no makeup except mascara. I guess you could classify that as makeup, so I guess I did put a little makeup on.
I gave myself a small pep talk in my head to prepare my for whatever Marcelo was going to do. The last time he took me to a dangerous looking underground club. I didn't know where he would take me next but a part of me was excited to leave the confines of this house.
" He should be back by now" I said as I looked down at my black watch to see the time.
I didn't know where he would be, his office or maybe his room and that was part of the forbindeen wing and I wouldn't dare defy that. I walked to the dinning room, I don't know if we are to eat dinner or eat out. After staying in the dinning room for a few minutes I headed over to one of the numerous sitting room which he own bit one was my favorite. It over looked the garden and a whole section of the wall was glass and since not was on the ground floor I could see his garden and if stay at the corner of one section of the wall I would be able to see his large land spread out before me.
I heard footsteps behind me, turning around Marcelo's eyes met mine. He was dressed as always as a grim reaper . I smiled at him. His eyes was cold and empty as always but today something felt different. I didn't know what it was but I was getting scared at the way he looked at me.
"Are we going now?" I asked dismissing the thought of him being angry my conclusion is that he's always angry.
I was met with silence as he just stared at me, his eyes hardened and he seemed enraged.
"You know" he started slowly, then proceeded towards me" I was wondering why you changed all of a sudden... You smiled at me, you talked to me , you stayed around me"
I took few steps back scared of the way his voice sounded and the look in his eyes.
" I should have known you were hiding something"
"W-what are you ta-talking about?" I stuttered as I took a few more steps back.
" Whatever Miller fed you was a lie"
My eyes widen at his statement.
He knows!. Did Miller tell him?. I shouldn't have trusted him, was this part of their plans all along? But it doesn't seem so.

He suddenly took large steps towards me, I tried to run away but he pulled me back by my arm and wrapped his arms around my waist drawing me closer. He used his finger to raise my head up trailing his index finger across my chin. This action was brought back memories. Now I was terrified.
" Do you really think you can escape from me?"
My eyes widen in fear as I tried to anticipate what might happen to me. I can't run away, he has me trapped.
" Do you really think you can love me?" His mocked.
" You fear me, you hate me, you dispise me, you wish for my death and my end. " He continued.
I didn't realize when tears escaped my eyes until he used one of his fingers to clean it before putting it in his mouth.
He closed his eyes, sighing as if he just took his fix. Like my tears was a drug.
"Taste of fear" he wisphered to himself.
He opened his eyes,then looked into mine.
" You cannot love me" he said.

At that point, I realised what he truly wanted. He wants me to fear him, to hate him. That is what he wants. He was more than crazy, he's more than a monster.
All this months, he taunted me, stole me, took everything away from me. He wanted me to fear him like everyone does, he wanted me to gate him like the others.
"I won't fear you" I started. He seems taken aback" I won't hate you" I continued. His arms around my waist loosened as the expression on his face hardened.
" I couldn't figure you out...now I can. You want to be hated, to be feared. You do not want to be loved, you want to stay alone. You want to be perceived as a monster".
" I am a monster" he retorted.
"No one can love me." He growled.
" I can" My voice came out as a whisper.
He looked surprised and confused.
" You want to be hated but I won't hate you. You want to be feared, I won't fear you. I will love you Marcelo, you were right I can't escape you and I'll stop trying to"
His arms around me loosened completely as he took a step back.
" You think you can love me?... You can't. And soon you'll run away like everyone else, trembling in fear".
Our eyes looking into one and other. The emotions in our eyes clashing. Both of us standing our ground in chanllenge.
"I always like an entertainment" he mocked.
" I planned on loving you Marcelo and I will love you and this time I won't run away" and with that I walked out heading upstairs to my room and leaving a bewildered, confused and angry Marcelo behind.

This is to guys. I hope you like it.
I'm sorry for not updating just preparing for my exams. Ill update again tomorrow cause I feel like this story is just getting more interesting.
I'll really love to see your comments below 🤗
Stay healthy. Stay safe. 😽😻😍🤩