CHAPTER THIRTY ONE:" I MIGHT ACTUALLY FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU."

Susan and Marcelo have gotten closer since that day at his house. Susan hatered towards Marcelo was replaced with another feeling but she didn't know what it was and she didn't want to identify it. She was scared to.
Today Marcelo was in Susan's house. Both of them didn't bother to acknowledge what it was that was growing between them. Susan certainly didn't want to. Marcelo's presence in her house made her... happy?. She didn't hate his presence and the fear she feels for him although present is remarkably lower.
Neither her nor Marcelo was talking to each other. Susan was was reading an horror novel while Marcelo seems to be working on his laptop. Although they didn't say anything to each other, they enjoyed each other's company but Susan wouldn't admit it.
Marcelo knows what he wants and who he wants was Susan and he didn't care what he had to do to make her his even though it might hurt her. But for some reason he had become...soft. He wasn't as hard as he was on her anymore. He wanted her to see him differently, something he had never done before. He knew about the rumor going around about him, it didn't bother him at all since most of them were true but for the first time he wanted Susan to see him differently.
Susan although captivated by the book decided it was time to watch her shows. She loves reading books and watching movies. It was her escape route. Susan looked at the table and the couches, but for some reason she couldn't seem to find the remote and every minute she spends looking for it was more aggravating. She hated looking for things and looking for things was very common with her since she was a little too messy.
She walked towards Marcelo to check his side on the couch and peeking out from beside Marcelo was the annoying remote. Susan let out a sigh of relief. She stretched out to reach the remote when she lose her footing. Falling behind she landed on Marcelo's lap. To support her weight Marcelo's hand went to her waist to support her.
Susan groaned not from the impact but from her closeness to Marcelo. They were so close, her bare legs were leaning against his.
I know where I've seen this... cliche k- dramas.
I know what happens now...you kiss!.
Susan stiffened at her sub conscious thoughts. She decided to stand up. In her immediate effort to escape the situation her feet got tangled with his setting her back on his lap.
Marcelo groaned at the impact of her weight. Susan was so close that Marcelo could smell her scent all around him. She smelled so sweet like vanilla and lavender.
His hands tightened around her waist, pulling her closer. He felt her stiffen under his fingers that only made him hold her closer. Marcelo wanted her now!
Susan turned her face to look at him, she was shocked at how close they were. She could feel Marcelo's arm around her waist, she felt him hold her closer and tighter.
Her face reddened in embarrassment. She looked at his eyes and she was shocked at how pulled she was to him. She noticed how pulling his grey eyes was.
Marcelo wondered how her lip would feel on his. It was pulling, he could see the look on her face.
"I want to kiss you now" it sounded like an order and a plea.
Susan eyes widen at his statement. What was more shocking was that a bigger part of her wanted it.
Their faces got closer and closer.
The front door of the house pushed open and at the entrance was Sam. His face showed anger and his eyes sadness.
Susan and Marcelo pulled away from each other.
"Sam?" Susan was surprised to see her brother in San Francisco.
Different thoughts immediately ran through her mind.
Is he in trouble?
Is something wrong with Dad?
Did he get someone pregnant?
Did he get involved with the wrong people?
His face clearly shows something is wrong?
Susan stopped herself before she went into a spiral.
"What are you doing here?" She asked him.
Sam ignored his sister's question and headed to her kitchen but Susan followed behind him. Sam opened the fridge before pulling out a bottle of water and drowning half of it's content.
"Sam?" The tone she used hard and intimidating.
Sam knew his sister wanted answer and she wanted it now.
"It's something at school, it's nothing to worry about" he said in a dismissive tone but Susan knew it was not okay.
She noticed the bruises at the corner of his nose that extended to the corner of his eyes. It was a light shade of pink, but Susan knew with time it would turn into a nasty bruise.
" Did you get into a fight?!" Now Susan was alarmed.
She tried to check our his bruise but Sam just moved away.
"Sam" Sam knew when his sister uses her mama bear voice it means whatever he is keeping he has to spill or he would feel her wrath.
"I had gotten into a fight with the school rival team".
" What?...You got into a fight?" Susan was furious.
"Did you get yourself into trouble Samson?" She said using his full name, and that originally means she was angry.
" No, I didn't. I just came here because I couldn't stay there. Those guys were douche bags".
" So you came to San Francisco because you got involved in a petty fight?"
" It wasn't just a petty fight, alright?. I really liked her" his voice reduced as he got to the last part of his sentence.
Susan knew what he meant.
Her brother may seem like a Playboy, course he looks like a Playboy with his handsome face and stature but he was the biggest cuddle bear in the world. He wore his hearts on his sleeves.
Susan patted his back, the rival wasn't just a basketball rival but a love rival.
"Fine...You can stay here, but you are leaving tomorrow you have school on Monday"
Sam just sighed before heading to the sitting room.
Susan eyes widen as she remembered that Marcelo was in the living room, and they had almost kissed.
She immediately rushed out, only to see her brother and Marcelo talking.
Susan didn't know Marcelo talked to people except giving orders or threatning them.
He didn't seem to be threatning her brother.
" Sorry...did I interupt something?"
Sam said in a teasing voice referring to previously and it seemed he had caught them glued together.
Susan immediately turned red, blushing in embarrassment.
"You did" Marcelo said in a hard voice glaring at Sam.
Susan got redder and it felt like the heat was up several degrees, she immediately excused herself to the kitchen and decided to prepare something for Sam.

They were done with eating and Susan had excused herself to the kitchen to clean up. She didn't know how to react to Marcelo's and her brother relationship. This was the first time she would see Marcelo actually talking to someone instead if ordering them. It was obvious that Sam liked Marcelo.
Susan was confused, whatever was going on between she and Marcelo was supposed to be temporary. He had told her that the only way she would get out of this was if she loved him and show him what love was, but now she was feeling things she is not supposed to feel.
She has seen him vulnerable and sad, she has seen him angry and dangerous, she has seen him light and a cute and now she felt emotion steering inside her.
Loving him was supposed to be fake but now -...
Susan was pulled out of her thoughts at the sound of a loud crash. She looked down at her feet to see one of her plates shattered. Thankfully it wasn't shattered into tiny chunks, course then it would be difficult to clean it all. She immediately dumped them in the waste bin.
Her eyes caught one of the pieces, she immediately picked it up ignoring the fact that she was holding a sharp object.
She felt a sharp sting. Looking down at her hand, she saw that she was already bleeding. She let out a small hiss because of the sharp pain.
Susan was thinking about giving herself a quick first aid when she felt a hand holding her arm.
Marcelo was holding her arm. His face showing that he is upset by what he was seeing.
He immediately took out a fancy handkerchief from his back pocket before wrapping it around her finger.
Susan has completely forgotten about her injury has she completely focus her attention on Marcelo.
He was so close to her, she felt her heart beating hard against her chest. She didn't know what she was feeling.
She could see the concern in his eyes and she was having a lot of different feelings and she needed it to-
"Stop" Susan said suddenly.
Marcelo looked at her wondering what she was talking about. She snatched her arm from his and took a step back, but that didn't out a lot if distance between them.
A frown was already on Marcelo's face.
"Stop what?"
"This!" Susan wanted to shout but it only came out as a whisper.
"You shouldn't do this". Susan pleaded.
"Susan" Marcelo called. He didn't know what she was talking about and it was making him anxious and Marcelo is never anxious but meeting Susan has given him a lot of emotions.
"If you keep doing this-!" Susan voice rose,
" ... I might actually fall in love with you". The last part of her sentence came out as a whisper.
Tears graced her eyes but they didn't spill as she admitted it out loud to both him and herself.