CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: MONEY HEIST

My life has a new normal which entails my old routine and a splash of new routine, which was going on dates with Marcelo and texting him. Of course he doesn't reply but at least he reads them. If I'm going to put on a good show that I actually love him I have to put an effort.
He'll just suddenly text me informing me that he'll pick me up anytime. I think he enjoys my company but who am I to say so. Thinking of him, I picked up my phone to text him.
'Hey'
I could see that he's seen it but as usual I wasn't expecting him to reply.

can't go out tonight , I have other plans.
After placing my phone on airplane mode I dropped my phone before putting in my air pods. I was way behind on laundry. Going on dates with Marcelo I use more clothes that I normally would. Now I had to take out a few dresses I rarely wore. My room was disorganized from trying to pick out the right outfit and I needed to buy groceries.
My house resembled a dump and I couldn't continue living in it or I'll go out of my mind. I maybe a little messy but it is to some extent.

After two hours, my clothes were neatly done, my house sparkling clean and my fridge stocked with things that'll get me through the week and half of the next. I washed my face to prepare myself for the rest of my day which consisted of binge watching series on Netflix and sleeping.
Aisha was on a family thingy and Leo had something to do, don't know what it is, so today I'm all by myself. This is the life of a girl with way too little friends but if I'm to be exact. Aisha and Leo are enough, they are already like having a million friends and I mean that in a good way mostly. I love them but they can be a little too much sometimes...most of the time.
Remembering that I dropped my phone somewhere I looked around for it a little. Opening my phone lock I switched off the air flight mode and my messages cames through. i had like seven messages from... Marcelo!.
How?.
The guy rearly text back and if he does he types only one word. Yes or No or Okay, and his demands to meet up for a date and the venue. Other than that he hasn't sent anything else. His message was a reply to my initial text.

Marcelo: what plans?
Marcelo:with who?
Marcelo: answer me dammit!
Yeah it seems he's mad. Oh boy!
Marcelo: I'm coming over there
Marcelo: pick up your fucking phone
Marcelo: Susan.

"Oh shit!" I yelled out.
I had put my phone in airplane mode. Sam had the habit of calling me on Saturdays for mostly stupid requests on most of the Saturdays I switch off my phone for a little bit of rest and peace of mind. Sam could be a piece of work.
I shouldn't have written plans. I should have written chores. Plans could mean anything and right on cue I heard a knock on my door .
I walked to my door , looking through the hole to see who it was, no surprise there it was Marcelo and boy did he look mad. He looked really man.
I took in a deep breath and pulled open the door.
"Hey" I said in the most cheerful tone I could muster.
He ignored me and pushed past me, walking into m living room. Well good thing I just cleaned me.
"You didn't answer my text" He growled out, he was looking at my apartment.
"I was busy"
He suddenly turned around.
"With what?"he growled out, his fist clenched.
" I had to clean"
"Clean?"
"Yes, I had to tidy up my house and I know how much you love to make spontaneous plans without asking that was why I texted you, seems you took it the wrong way".
He seemed to calm down now as his shoulders were not as squared and tense as it previously was.
He looked around the house like he was accessing it.
"Well I hope it's to your taste" I sarcastically stated.
I wasn't ready for his criticism, I love my small apartment. It wasn't too small or too big, it was just perfect for me. I paid the down payment of this house out of my first paycheck.
He turned around to look at me, he looked like he was trying to read me and I am trying so much not to feel awkward but I was.
He looked down at what I was wearing, now I was feeling so self conscious. Tired of his staring at me, I turned around and walked to the kitchen.
"Would you like anything?"
"A drink or water" I continued. I could hear his footsteps behind me and i could also feel his presence.
I opened my fridge and my eyes caught a half bottle of wine that has been there for ages.
"Ohh and I have wine" I brought out the bottle from the fridge waving it in front of me before setting on the kitchen island.
I looked up to look at him and saw the way he was looking at the bottle.
" It's not your typical expensive wine, but it's what I have " I grew defensive of my wine.
I took two glass from the cabinet and poured the wine in them. I pushed one to him and took the other and in one go I drowned the content in the cup.
I hope that was alcoholic enough.
I said internally.
Mr Marcelo took his precious time before taking a sip of the wine.
Ughh... Rich people and their preferences.
I have no idea how to entertain him and I was in no mood to.
I walked to my couch after putting on the TV.
" What are you doing?" Marcelo suddenly asked.
He looks dissatisfied with his welcome.
Well I wasn't expecting him so.
" Doing what I was going to do before you came"
" And that's?"
"Lazing around on my couch while watching a Netflix series"
He didn't seem to know what to say at this point.
" You should join me" I said motioning to the remaining space on the couch.
It was a two sitter couch, so it was no problem.
For the first time he seemed to do what I said and that was a surprise.
I settled for money heist, I was already at season two and I wasn't going to start again because of him.
We were silent, our attention clearly on the screen.
"I love Nairobi" I said suddenly.
I was user to voicing my opinion in-between movies even when I was watching it alone.
He turned his attention from the screen to my face. I could feel his eyes on me. I couldn't ignore him anymore so I turned to face him.
I don't know what to do or say so I just give him a smile before turning my attention back to the screen.

***********************

All he could do was watch her. She was so engrossed in the movies, she seemed to love it alot and for some reason he wished she would focus on him as she was the movie.
He wasn't one to watch movies but he paid his attention to it because of her and the movie was not all bad, but he couldn't keep his attention on it for so long, he looked at her.
The way she was sacarstic with him, if it was any other person, they'll be dead but he loved it. She didn't seem scared if him and she looked so comfortable around him.
He wants her, he wants to possess her. He wants to be the only one she'll ever look at, he wants to own her. It may sound psychotic to others but it sounds just right to him.

This is it.
I told you I'll update more than one chapter.😍🤩
Thanks so much for your support.
Don't forget to follow me on Wattpad to see the new exciting book I'm planning on releasing.😍🤩
Stay healthy stay safe 🤩
Much love 🥰🥰