CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: HIS FUTURE.

THIRD person's POV.

SUSAN.

Susan ran as fast as her already weak legs could carry her. Tears began to sting her eyes. Hannah had told her that Marcelo was with Marcus and the loud sound of a gun that echoed the mansion sent panic and ache through Susan.

The first shot rang and the second followed immediately after. Susan felt sick and her vision were blurry. She felt her chest tightening and her throats closing up.

She could hear the loud thud of Hannah's footsteps behind her but she didn't pay attention as she ran through the seemingly endless hallways and staircase to where the gun shots originated from.

Marcelo.

Marcelo looked at the lifeless body of his uncle with indifference in his face. He didn't really care. He had wanted to kill him ever since he dared to lay a finger against Susan but Marcelo wasn't satisfied yet ...not until he kills the mastermind of it all.

And as if he as summoned, Alexander entered the room and looked at his grandson standing over the body of his son. Alexander would have let out a sigh as it was what he wanted but he knew Marcelo was also here to get rid of him.

Marcelo turned to his grandfather. A man he hated. A man he despised. He could see so much of himself in him. He had hated himself but that was before. Marcelo knew he would never be like his grandfather. He wasn't quite sure what differenciated them. Maybe because he was more broken or because he had Susan.

"He had it coming." Alexander said as he stared at the lifeless body of his desperate son.

"He did, didn't he?" Marcelo's lips shot up in a malicious grin.

His eyes narrowed as he looked at the old man.

"You came to kill me but that's just what you think son." Alexander came forward. Walking carefully towards his son.

"You can keep your girlfriend." Alexander bargained. He hated Susan but his grandson wanted her.

Alexander just wanted to buy more time. To leave and gather himself. He knew his chances were very slim.

"Cain empire is your right son. Not Marcus's. Yours."

"Hmmm."
Marcelo muttered before nodding. He raised the gun, the same he had used to take the kids of his uncle.

"I'm still going to kill you ."
Marcelo smirked.

The door burst open and walking through was the woman he has yearned to see and touch.
Her big wide eyes were filled with tears and worry as her eyes locked on to his.

His eyes held hers and hers held his for a moment. They just stayed like that. Not wishing to move but praying that the person in front of them was real and not just their imagination.

Marcelo stilled as Susan's eyes went to the lifeless body on the floor. He didn't want to care. He didn't feel any remorse for killing Marcus but he didn't want Susan looking at that.

Susan looked back to him and the gun in his hand and who he was pointing his gun at.

Marcelo watched as Susan headed towards him and pulled herself into his arms. Marcelo at that moment forgot about Alexander. He pulled Susan closer and buried his face in her neck.

His heart almost sang as he felt her close to him. He couldn't get enough of her. He had been starved for so long. He missed her.

"Thank Goodness you are fine." Marcelo could hear her soft sobs as she wisphered against his chest.

He hated to see her cry but he loved that she cried and worried for him.

"Don't leave me alone again." Susan said.

"Not again. Ever again." Marcelo promised her and himself. He'll never allow her to cry anymore and he'll get rid of anything that'll cause that.

And immediately he made that promise his eyes snapped back opened and his eyes met his grandfather's cold eyes.

Marcelo pressed Susan's head against his chest pulling her closer and he raised his armed hand and pointed his gun at his grandfather.

Alexander's eyes widen as he looked at his grandson who protectively held his woman in one hand and held a gun at him in the other.

His lips rose up in a devilish grin. One Alexander hasn't seen since he killed more than half of his men escaping from him when he was just fourteen but this time the smirk wasn't there to kill to spite or for sport. It was to protect. To protect her. His future. Her. She's his future.