CHAPTER THIRTY: HOUSE OF LEGOS.

It's been a week since that night and Marcelo haven't said anything about it. He didn't avoid me, he just went on like it never happened. Although I was curious and the need to know what happened that night was eating me up, I didn't want to upset him.
And I preferred this to him avoiding me, it would make things that happened that night more awkward and since he didn't want to refer back to that night it made things more better for me.
I and Aisha decided to have lunch in the together. Leo have been acting weird and even Aisha has taken note of her wired behavioral shift. I would be worried about but ...it's Leo, She's the most capable and scary girl I know, if she has a problem , I'm sure she'll be able to handle it and Leo have always had a problem with sharing things about herself. If she wants to talk about it, I'm sure she will, cause she knows we'll always be there for her no matter what.
"- I really need to find a way to get away from them" Aisha sighed. She was obviously having a hard time.
When you come from a crazy rich family who excepts nothing less than perfection from their kids and seek to control their lives, it could be frustrating.
"Why don't you move out of your apartment, the only reason why they do whatever they want is because they own it" I advised.
" You think I haven't tried to move out. I could just run away, maybe to the middle East or Asia, some place so far away they wouldn't be able to reach me" I immediately gave her the 'are you kidding look'.
"Yeah you are right"
Aisha was the most upright and strong-minded person I know. She was badass and always terrifying but when it comes to her family, she becomes this helpless person.
Was that what happened that night, was it about his grandfather?.
My mind immediately went back to that night. It might be because of his grandfather.
Although I haven't personally met him, I was already scared of him. Who in the world totures their grandchild as a lesson or training.
It was obvious Marcelo didn't like his grandfather.
"I think we need a vacation, all of us including Leo" Aisha said interrupting my thoughts.
I nodded agreeing with her, I definitely need a vacation with all the things that have been happening in my life the past few months.

*************************

Marcelo texted about a date and for some reason I'm actually looking forward to it. I think something is wrong with me.
He said to dress casual, so I chose a black t shirt and a grey hoodie. I packed my hair in a messy bun. I didn't use any make-up except lipgloss and by some miracle I convinced myself to add eye shadow to my eye lids. I did it for myself and no one else.
Yeah right.
I could see Marcelo's car downstairs, taking my bag I headed downstairs. I gave him a small smile before entering the car.
"Where are we going?"
"On a date" he responded. He doesn't want to talk about it. He rearly wants to talk about anything.
He took me to a small restaurant. No one was there except us and a red haired waitress behind the counter.
"I'm surprised we are here?".
" I know you do not feel really comfortable in fancy restaurant, so I rented this one for our date".
That was...sweet.
"Oh, okay" I said in a dismissive tone, it bothered me that he would put in effort for our date .
I don't know what it is but I'm having this feeling in my stomach. It feels good but I do not like it there at all.
After ordering our food, we ate and he asked me question about myself .
" Why don't I ask questions for a change and you answer me?"
He raised his brows at me.
"Don't give me that look, I also want to know you if I am going to love you. What is your best food, color, what are your hobbies?. There must be another side to the dark and cold Marcelo"
He just sat there unmoving, he didn't react for a few seconds. He suddenly stood up, he held my hand and pulled me up and led me out of the restaurant.
"Where are we going?"
"Home"
"Home?"
"To my house" he said as he started the car.
After driving for a few hours we got to his house and for some reason it felt good to be back. I don't know if that made sense.
He grabbed by hand and led me inside. His big hand felt warm against my small once and out skin against each other made my stomach rumble. I don't know what this tingly feeling was but I didn't like it there.
"Why are we here Marcelo?"
And as expected my question was ignored.
He led me to the forbindeen wing. This was wrong in the movie the beast didn't lead the beauty to the forbindeen wing.
"I'm not supposed to go there" I stopped walking.
He turned to look.
" Don't worry he won't mind" the side of his lip raised a little.
Was that a joke?. It was a bad one but for some reason I let out a small chuckle.
" You don't know a lot of things about me, so I decided to show you".
That gave me mixed feelings.
Marcelo was a dark man. What would me show me?

A closet filled with heads?
A toture chamber?
A red room?.

He led me to the door at the far end of the hall. He pressed a code and the door opened.
"You wanted to know my hobbies"
The room was filled with organised Legos and gaming equipment and puzzles.
" So what you like Legos?" I asked with a laugh.
It can't be true.
The look on his face showed that he was very serious. He does like collecting Legos and action figures.
" Well this is the last thing I was expecting."
"What did you think I do on my spare time?" He said with his brows raised.
I don't know.. kill and torment people?.
I gave him a small smile.
Picking up the iron Man action figure that sat on the shelf with the others.
I leaned against the table at the center of the room looking at him. Marcelo is a powerful man, he controls everything when he enters a room, the aura that surrounds him alone is intoxicating and Intimidating. He was a man of few words and an intense charisma. He carries himself like a lord and he captures everyone's attention, but being in this room filled with action figures and Legos and games, it really does look like another side of Marcelo.
"What?" He turned his head to the side, lines show on his forehead. He look a little... insecure?.
It was like he was waiting for me to judge him.
"It's nothing. I'm happy I'm here" I gave an assuring smile.
"So do you like dungeons and dragons?" I teased.
He rolled his eyes at me and pulled me into him.
It was like the breath go knocked out of me.
His hands wrapped around my waist.
"Don't tease me Sue" he said. His voice hoarse.
His face was so close to mine. If I raised my head up a little my lips could meet his.
My whole body immediately felt warm. I could smell his musky scent all around me. I was small and he was tall and bigger that me but somehow I fit perfectly in his arms.
"Do you want to play a little?" He wisphered. His lips so close to mine.
"Umm-umm s-sure" my voice cracked at the end. He pulled away and led me to a black couch.

After a few hours, I'm was almost half way done with the Lego island I was working on, well it was mostly Marcelo doing all the work but I picked Legos and stuck them I'm stuff. Mostly in the wrong place most of the time.
"I would never have imagined you playing with Legos" I voiced out my thought.
"You are this big scary guy, that everyone respect and fear"
"I can't be anything else" He said as he picked up a block of Lego.
"When you were upset was it because of your grandfather?" I said in one breath.
I had to ask and now that we were sort of comfortable together I decided to but now it feels like mistake.
Why do I have to ruin everything?.
"Yes." He responded.
"Are you okay now?" I asked.
He looked away from the Legos and looked at me. I couldn't figure out the expression on his face.
"I am now" he had this sad and almost frustrated look in his eyes.
I wanted to comfort him. I pulled his hand into him, squeezing it tight.
I didn't know what do say, o didn't have anything to say but just hold him.
When I was sad and frustrated when I was younger. Little Sam would always hug me and somehow I would feel okay. When Mom died, when dad squandered all our money to get his legs back, when our fridge would be empty and I'll have to think of what to eat, when those mom helped when she was alive sprout up gossip about our family, Sam would always be there to hold my hand and hug me.

No one was there to hold his hands or hug him like Sam did for me. I hope the little I was doing made him feel better.
I put my head on his shoulders, a part of me thought he would pull away but he held me closer. His tense shoulders was a little relaxed now. Senseing this a small smile graced my lip. I was happy i could help him even though it was little.
Oh my goodness guys. I. So sorry for not updating. I was stuck editing previous chapters.
You have every right to be angry.
For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to publish all of them at once.
You guys might want to read the previous chapters again. But only if you want not a lot of changes were made.
What do you guys think of this chapter?.