CHAPTER FORTY TWO: SOMETHING NORMAL.

SUSAN'S POV.

It really didn't matter that I was doing something as simple as assembling a plastic model of an airplane with him. It felt normal and normal wasn't something I've felt a lot around Marcelo.

The only thing I've mostly felt around him was fear and a feeling I wouldn't acknowledge or express but normality certainly wasn't one of them.
Nothing was normal with Marcelo well except for right now.

How can a very powerful and dangerous man like Marcelo focus solely on the piece in front of him?. It did come as a surprise to me that Marcelo was into model pieces and Legos.

I twirled the piece between my fingers. The truth is I don't know where his goes or if it even fits in anything. I tried to squint my eyes and strain my brain to see if I can figure it out but turns out I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

"I don't know why you are so interested in this stuff" I huffed and dropped the piece back down on the coffee table.

Marcelo's attention went from the model in front of him to me.

God, he's handsome.

Wow, where did that come from?

You. You know you are thinking about it I'm literally you.

I quickly had a slight argument with my head.

He looked at the piece I discarded and the frustrated look on my face.
His lips went up into a curve and turned into a smile.

He has a beautiful smile.

I silently noted to myself.

"There's something about building something that gives me a satisfying feeling. It doesn't matter what happens or how I intend it to happen, after assembling it, it would be a plane." He looked back at the half assembled model.

"From the beginning I started it, I've always known it would be an airplane. I like to know what happens.
It's the same with puzzle pieces. I know the complete picture even before the I start assembling it.'

I didn't fully understand his fascination towards it but I understood it to an extent.

Marcelo was someone who likes knowing the result of things. To know that something he has planned out would come out the exact way he thought it to be was something Marcelo wanted control of.

"Well it's feels boring." I half joked.

He smiled at the joke before turning his attention back to his model.

I attempted to stand up and go into the bedroom when I was suddenly pulled away by strong arms.

"I can find a way to make it interesting" Marcelo's husky voice wisphered in my ear.

My back was pressed to his chest and I was half sitting in his laps. Both of his arms were pressed against my stomach and his lips were resting at the side of my face.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as a little squeal left my mouth.

"I-i-i..-" I stammered. At loss of what to say.

"What are you doing?" I finally said when I had the ability to say something without stammering.

"Making this interesting" he said but his voice came out a little muffled as his lips started trailing my neck.

I bit my lips to stiffle a moan.

Shit.

I tried to pull away but he just pulled me back and now it seems like we just came closer.

"I like your scent." Marcelo said taking a deep breath as he buried his face in my neck.

"I've always had a full picture of what will happen even before is start" Marcelo began. His hands held me closer and tighter.

"Even when it is thought to go sideways. I've always known how to control it to be what I want... That's until I met you."

My heart began to race faster as I tried to think about what he meant by that.

"You were never the result of any puzzle. You came to me unexpectedly and although I came to you by my own plan and will, everything else with you is... unpredictable."

"W-what do you mean?"

I felt the corner of his lips move. I could feel his smirk against my skin.

"You were supposed to be an entertainment. A new toy to play with"

My brows raised by his statement.

"Everything went according to plan. To my plan. I took you. I had you. You feared me. You hated me." Marcelo's nose trailed the side of my neck.

"Everything was was I wanted. At least that was what I thought." He took a deep breathe again.

His breathe tickled me. I could feel my body realxing against his. It felt like it's no use to fight him and I didn't want to fight him about it.

"You Susan Presely changed everything. You are a puzzle I haven't figured out and I have no idea what the full picture is" He placed a small kiss on my skin before trailing butterfly kisses along the nape of my neck.

My heart raced on my chest as I didn't know what to think.
I didn't have anything to say. But the foreign feeling I keep trying to bottle up seems to be resurfacing again.

I could feel his warm hands against my bare stomach now. My eyes flew open at the skin contact and that seemed to wake my previously mush brain.

I jumped out of his arms and immediately stood up straighting out invisible lines in my hoddie.

"I'm a little hungry" I said hurriedly and practically ran into the kitchen and I'm pretty sure I heard a chuckle behind me.

This is it.

As you know anytime I don't update for long, I release more than two chapters at once.✍️
I'll be doing the same thing. Continue scrolling for more chapters ahead.😘

I'll love to know what you think of this chapter 😻

Don't forget to like and vote and comment.

And follow me.