CHAPTER FIFTEEN: SHE DOESN'T MEAN A THING.

The dim city light reflected the shadow that sat back in the huge leather chair. Some light shone on the figure, half of his face touched by the dim light and the other half covered by the shadow. His brows were clearly creased as he was in deep thoughts
.
         The question his nosy secretary had asked him was in his head, the question felt so similar, then he remembered the question she asked him that morning,

'why?'.

He couldn't give an answer to both questions, he honestly didn't know the answer to both questions. He hated questions but he certainly knew answers to the questions. He was angry, he felt some part in him change.

A part of him asked him the same question ' Why? '.

    'Does she mean something to you? '
His inner self mocked him, his inner demons were laughing at him.

   She didn't mean anything to him, no one meant anything to him and certainly not some girl.

   'But she's not just some girl...is she?'
His inner demon taunted him.

' she's star... remember? '  his inner demon mocked him.

' Star' he knew that name well. He had met star years ago, the Star he met was different, she understood him so much. She listened to him, and to her he wasn't a crazy psychopath, she wasn't scared when he voiced out his dark thought. Star had felt for him.

     Susan Presley wasn't star, she never will be again.

    He had to make sure she wasn't something to him and that he will do. Susan was like everyone else, and he wanted to smell the fear and hate coming from her.

The fear in her eyes will be enough to feed his raging demons.

            **********************
     I spent my day in the library and at the arcade. When I was younger I didn't have the time to play games or play with friends.

I had to take care of the house, my crippled dad, my stubborn brother and work at aunt's store. I didn't go to movies with my friends, or the beach, or go on dates.

       I couldn't afford to, after mom died. Dad became a shell of his former self, Sam was so young, and there was so little our family could do, although a very few of them lived in the same town the others were scattered across the country and the world, and I got so tired of asking our family and neighborhood for help and the pitiful sad look in their eyes anytime they see me since I reminded them of a tragedy.

      I took care of my family.  when I realised I had missed out on my childhood it was too late. I got into college, I had to take care of my family by focusing on my future and I spent my college days studying, applying for different scholarship, applying to different companies to guarantee my family a safe future, they became my whole life.

I missed out of partying, clubbing, dating, a sex life, and a social life.

   Although I was sad and angry that I was confined In this house. It was the actual first time that I was free, I didn't have anywhere to go or be.

I didn't think of the little money remaining that was left to pay to the bank. I didn't think about dad's medicine, or how the house was or what Sam was doing and if he was safe mostly because I was assured by my boss that no harm would come to them.

I didn't know if I trusted him but a part of me was assured my family was doing great, and all my friends and family know is that I'm on some kind of business trip for this huge project. I had thought Leo and Aisha would catch on but I remembered Mr Miller could convince them of this 'projcet' .