I like to do the unexpected

It's been a couple of weeks since my interaction with Andrew and I've been extremely busy with work stuff to think about it too much. I've recently announced a new movie I'm gonna be starring in which comes out soon so I've been doing press for that and I'm going on my first major talk show which is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. I'm going on Jimmy Kimmel so I've been in California for a couple of days now and I've been doing some work things whilst I'm here meetings with my agent etc. I have a free morning before my fitting for the show followed by the recording of the show so I decided to do a workout class. I've always had a love hate relationship with exercise and its taken me a long time to get to a place where I'm comfortable exercising in public and also exercising in general.

I've just finished the class and my plan is to grab a coffee or juice before I head back to my hotel for a quick shower and change of clothes "If it isn't my favourite zombie slayer here in LA" and I turn and see Andrew in the gym "Hey" I say "You done here. I was gonna grab a late breakfast" he says "I am and I have some time" I say "Great" he says. We end up at a nearby cafe "Can I have a latte please" I say to our server "I'll take a regular coffee" he says and they leave "So what's brings you to LA" he says "Work as always I'm promoting a new movie and I'm going on Jimmy Kimmel my first major talk show" I say "You'll be amazing and talk shows aren't as scary as most people think" he says "Thanks" I say "So after Jimmy Kimmel how long are you here for" he says "I leave tomorrow gonna take some time off visit my family its my brother's wedding so we have a Hughes family wedding weekend planned my mom is stress calling me everyday panicking that something is gonna go horribly wrong" I say "As long as no one gets cold feet it will be fine" he says "No chance of that my brother adores his future wife to be" I say "Its in New Orleans then" he says "Raleigh actually thats where my brother lives. So I'm flying there from here and my family is flying tomorrow so I'll join them there and have fittings for my bridesmaid dress all that stuff" I say "Are all your sisters bridesmaids" he says "Yeah I'm just thankful I'm not maid of honor because it's so much to do and my schedule does not allow for that" I say "Yeah it can be pretty demanding" he says. We eat our food and chat some more and its easy and relaxed that I'm sad when it's over "Well it was nice seeing you again and hanging out" I say "Same we should exchange numbers so if one of us is ever in the others city we can meet catch up or if you ever need to talk about this whole crazy lifestyle we lead" he says "Okay" I say and take out my phone and hand it to him and I take his "See you around then" I say "Yes and good luck with Jimmy Kimmel" he says "Thanks" I say.

It's recording time for the show and I've finished hair and makeup and I'm dressed for the show "My first guest tonight is known for slaying zombies in Alice in Zombieland and is the star of new movie Forget Me Not out in theatres tomorrow please welcome Sage Hughes" Jimmy says and I make my way out and we hug and then I sit down "Welcome how are you" he says "Thank you. I'm good little nervous" I say "No need to be. So let's talk a little about you. Born in Boston but spent most of your life in New Orleans which is a beautiful historic place" he says "Yeah so my dad moved around alot because of my grandma's job she was a trapeze artist she actually toured with Cirque Du Soleil when they were just starting out and my grandfather was a singer retired now so they met whilst they were both touring and settled in Boston when my dad was born he's oldest of four so he met my mom weirdly at one of my grandfather's shows when they were sixteen and they fell in love built their careers had my brother and I and my dad got the opportunity to run his own restaurant in New Orleans so they moved with a ten year old a six year old and another baby on the way which was insane my mom is a stressor so moving and building a new restaurant and raising two kids was a lot. But my dad is still the biggest Patriots fan he wanted to name one of us Tom or Brady after the legend but he lost that battle because she's the one who had to go through labour five times once with twins so he didn't really have a leg to stand on there. But I loved growing up in New Orleans it's a place so full of life and culture which I love" I say "Six kids I can imagine mornings in your house were pretty hectic" he says "Definitely I shared a room with my sister til I left for college which wasn't always ideal but we're a really close family. Our parents have this saying which we all live by if one of us is going through something all of us are going through it and all of us have gone through something and been there for each other" I say "I love that. So let's talk Alice in Zombieland the role that kinda brought you to everyone's attention. It's Alice in Wonderland inspired correct" he says "Yeah Alice's dad has always been told he's crazy because he saw zombies and she grew up not believing him until they came and she lost everything so she becomes a zombie hunter with this mysterious guy she knows very little about. For my first major role it wasn't what people expected me to do which is why Forget Me Not is such a leap for me from fantasy to romance but I like to do the unexpected and surprise people with the things I do" I say "I think people will be very surprised to see you do something like this but your performance in this still feels very much you and the characters you play" he says "Definitely both characters have this vulnerability Alice lost a sister and her family and then you have Zoey who's basically lost the person she fell in love with and built this life with she's devastated so I guess I brought that from Alice in Zombieland" I say "Its been great talking with you and I can't wait to see what you do next. Forget Me Not is in theatres tomorrow go check it out Sage Hughes everyone" he says and they call cut.

I'm in my hotel room packing up to leave tomorrow when I have probably the stupidest impulsive idea and I make a phone call "This is totally out of the blue and you could be really busy but would you like to come to my brother's wedding with me" I say.