When you least expect it

Andrew and I are finally back in the same place again and we have the Breathe premiere coming up in a few weeks. I wake up to an empty bed and an envelope on the dresser which says for when you least expect it on the outside and a note saying open me and I do and read:

My love,

You've just woken up and your probably sleepy eyed and a little confused but looking effortlessly beautiful like you do every morning. Waking up next to you is my favourite thing and I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes when I wake up before you I watch you sleep the faces you make when your dreaming of something good and the one you make when something weird happens in your dreams. When you wake up and have to tell me your dreams before you forget reminds me just how perfectly made we are for each other we both have these weirdly beautiful minds and we both understand each other completely. We have been on a journey from friends to lovers to living together and now it's time for the next step. Come downstairs when your ready.

I love you
Andrew

After freshening up a little I do downstairs and follow post it notes to our backyard where Andrew is with a picnic set up "All your favourites. But first" he says and pulls out a ring box and gets down on one knee "I've had this ring since I filmed Hacksaw Ridge waiting for this moment I've already said most of what I wanted to in the letter but there's a few more things to say. You know how much I love you and you've made me fall so deeply in love with love and what the future can be. You don't expect me to settle down into a white picket fence life but I want to be married to you and have children with you. So Sage Elizabeth Grace Hughes will you marry me" he says "Of course I will" I say and he puts on the ring and he lifts me up and spins me around and kisses me.

After we got engaged we decided to get away for awhile. We're back now and it's the Breathe premiere and the first time we've been seen since our engagement so only our families and close friends know about it. We're at the hotel getting ready "Beautiful as always" he says when we're both ready "Handsome as always" I say and we head for the car downstairs. We walk the red carpet and Andrew gets pulled for more photos and interviews as am I "Sage looking gorgeous as always. We haven't seen you two for awhile where have you guys been" she says "Thank you I'm loving this dress cause there's pockets which is really helpful. We took some time away took a little vacation we went to Disneyland Paris and then to Barcelona no work calls no social media nothing it was perfect" I say "Can I ask about some new bling you seem to be sporting tonight" she says "You can it is what you think it is and no he did not propose at Disneyland or in Barcelona it happened before and we're very excited about it" I say "Congratulations. I want to ask you about Tom Holland and whether you would return to the character of MJ" she says "We both have alot of love for Tom and what he's done with the character and I think if either of us were given the opportunity if it felt right we'd go back. But for now Tom is the right guy for the job" I say as Andrew comes over and his hands go round my waist "I was just talking to your gorgeous fiancée" she says "She spilled the beans then I have also just told someone for two people who love their privacy we really couldn't keep that a secret could we" he says "No we could not" I say "Tell me a little about the ring it's very unique" she says "I got it in Australia back in 2015 its a raw opal which has a beautiful backstory their considered mini universes and otherworldly which I love and I knew I needed something non traditional because that's what we are a little weird a little quirky it's us" he says "I love your reasoning for choosing it" she says "Thank you" I say "We have to get inside but thank you for your congratulations" he says and we head inside.