Christmas with the Garfields/Hughes

I broke for filming two weeks before Christmas and headed straight for London where I did all my Christmas shopping before Andrew met me there and we headed to Epsom and my family arrived a few days before Christmas and we spent some time with them taking the kids ice skating and it's now Christmas morning. We were woken up early of course by Andrew's nephew's and my family arrive shortly after with both baby Isabel and Wren waking up early. We have some breakfast first and then open gifts "So following on from the gift you gave me for my birthday I thought I'd do something creative too" Andrew says and hands me a bag full of envelopes and I take one out "For when you feel sad" I say "There's probably about twenty something letters in there each for a different thing we may be moving in together but their will be times we won't be together so there is one more thing I know you said you like sentimental gifts so I hope you like it" he says and he hands me a wrapped gift and I open it and there's a ring box "I'm not proposing guys" he says and I open it and inside is a ring engraved in roman numberals "The day we met" he says "Its perfect I love it" I say and kiss him and then I put the ring on "My turn. I wasn't sure what to get after the scrapbook but it's kinda following on from that" I say and hand him his present and he unwraps it and there's a photo frame with a picture of us and stuff written all around it "This is from our first day on set together I love this photo. I see we're using the l word before we've said it "I love the way you make me feel, I love that you make me feel like I can do anything". This is perfect I really love it" he says "I also got you something else for when we're apart" I say and hand him his other gift and he opens it "I exist in two places here and where you are" he says "Its for your wallet or pocket or whatever so that when you miss me you can just look at it and know I'm there even if I'm not there in person" I say and we hear sniffling and both our mom's are crying "Sorry you two are just so cute" his mom says "We've really set the bar high for gifts haven't we I don't know how we're gonna keep this going I mean there's your birthday, Valentines, my birthday, our anniversary I don't know if I can do this all those times" he says "We'll figure it out gifts aren't always needed sometimes all we need is each other" I say "So it's alright if I forget some times" he says "Just sometimes" I say and we kiss.

After presents we get dressed up a little for the day and celebrate Hanukkah aswell as Christmas bringing both our families traditions together for what we hope is the first of many holiday celebrations together "Today's been kinda crazy but in a good way. Its our first Christmas without my grandma and what was supposed to be a sad day was a happy one and I know that's what she would of wanted for us to celebrate like we always do together" I say later that night as we're curled up on the couch just us "I'm glad we got to spend it together. The first of many" he says and we kiss.

 The first of many" he says and we kiss

SageHughes: Hi again. Happy holidays and New Year. I am currently on my way back to Venice to finish filming a new movie so I'm back after my break. I just wanted to say that last year may of been a little rocky for me it started out great the middle was a little tough but the end was perfect. It brought a person into my life who started out as my friend but is now someone I can't see myself not having in my life. We know their have been rumors the last few months and as the only one in this relationship with social media (that you know of) it was up to me to let you guys know. Andrew has had a say in this so it's coming from both of us we first kissed back in June of last year but we officially started dating in September and we will be moving in together when I get back to New York. We will be living in my house for the time being but we will probably relocate sometime in the future but we're both gonna be pretty busy for the rest of the year so that won't be happening any time soon. We spent the holidays together as one huge family mine and his and it was chaos at times but we loved it. So that's just a little update for all of you I'll probably be pretty quiet again for a little whilst I'm working but their will be updates time to time because I am in one of the worlds most beautiful cities.