She's Watching Over Us

2019 was a year of loss for Andrew and I we lost Lynn Andrew's mom so we both took some time away from everything to just be with family and each other. Andrew returned to work and so did I once we felt ready.After wrapping on the movie I headed to join him whilst he finished filming and I've spent the last month keeping a massive secret from him but I've decided to tell him today. I spend the day on set with him before we head back to our accommodation for the time we're here. Andrew goes to shower whilst I finish setting up the surprise, he gets out of the shower and comes downstairs and I hand him an envelope "My turn to write a letter. Read it out loud please" I say and he opens it

To the strongest man I know,

Life hasn't been easy for us lately first we lost our baby who we never got the chance to meet and then we lost your mom and I know how heartbroken you've been but I also know that you working on this film and doing the thing you love and that she encouraged you to do is your way of honoring her memory. You tell me how strong I am all the time and you've been there for me during some really tough days and I'm glad I've been able to do the same for you. I know that wherever our little one is he or she is with the two women who meant so much to the both of us watching over us. We've always said that every step in our relationship is another part of our adventure and our next adventure is about to begin so open the box for the most amazing surprise.

Love Sage

I hand him a small box and inside is a positive pregnancy test "I went to the doctors just to be sure everything was okay and she said everything looks great. I'm about six weeks" I say and we're both crying "I love you so much. I just wish she was here" he says and kisses me "She's watching over us and this little one I'm sure of it" I say "She is" he says.

We decide to wait a little while longer before we tell our families. I'm around ten weeks when Andrew wraps filming and we are heading home and with Covid being a thing we've decided it's best not to see my parents in person although it sucks but we are gonna see one family member in person. Andrew has been filming in Charlotte so we're close to Wyatt and Cassie so we decide to go there first. We're sitting down together at their house when I hand them an envelope and inside is a ultrasound photo and also a fun little card as our two fur babies are currently running around in their backyard with Isobel and Luca "I'm so happy for you guys I know how difficult it was losing the baby" Cassie says and she hugs us "I love you to go through everything you have you deserve this happiness finally and I know you'll both be amazing parents" Wyatt says and we hug. We tell Isobel and Luca later in the day. Next is Briar and Max but their currently out of the country and I can't wait so I call her to facetime whilst we wait to board our flight to see my parents "I have news" I say "Me too. You first though" she says "Your gonna be an auntie again" I say "Seriously you guys are pregnant" she says "Ten weeks and I've been puking for every one of them. What's your news" I say "Congratulations I can't wait for you guys to be parents. Max proposed last night I've just told mom and dad" she says "Congrats looks like we have alot to celebrate when you get back" I say "It does do mom and dad know" she says "No I have a plan to tell them but we're waiting til we're back in London" I say "I love you both" she says "We love you too tell Max we said congrats" I say and we hang up. I call Willow and Jacob after we land and tell them.

We arrive back home to London and we set up a zoom call with my parents pops and Wren to tell them about the baby. We're nervous but excited "Hi guys I miss you so much" I say when they answer the zoom "We miss you both too. Now what's with the package" my dad days "When I met Sage and she took me to Wyatts wedding you all made me feel so welcome and since then you've made me a part of your family and your support and love when my mum died meant the world to me and I just want to thank you for that so open the box" Andrew says and they do it and my mom immediately starts crying "Oh honey congratulations. Your okay" my mom says "We're all good ten weeks baby looks good healthy all that" I say and stand up and show her my little bump "I wish we could be there I wanna give you both the biggest hugs" she says "Me too but I promise to facetime you during some of scans and send updates on everything" I say "I know you will. I love you both so much" she says "Love you too" we say and we end the call and I spend the next half hour crying because I miss them so much. The very next day we have Andrew's dad and his brother and his wife and kids over for dinner "I wanted to raise a glass to family we may of lost some but we're about to gain another member soon because Sage is pregnant" Andrew says and there's the usual congratulations and hugs "Your mum would be so proud of you right now and I'm sure she's looking down on us smiling. I know she would be sad that she's missing this she always knew this day would come where you'd not only meet the love of your life but the future mother of your children and there's no one better suited for this than you Sage" Richard says and I start crying again "Stupid hormones" I say.

Andrew falls asleep that night with his hand on my stomach and I dream of the life we're going to have in just a few months.