The Big Day

The day is finally here I am going to marry Andrew. I gave gifts to my bridal party and my mom and Lynn and I sent Briar to deliver my gift for Andrew and the groomsmen and she comes back with something for me from him and I open it and there's a personalised leather jacket in the box "I'd seen these with bride and wifey and stuff on them but this is perfect" I say "You two know each other so well" my mom says "We do" I say and continue getting ready. I decided to do a first look with my dad and Andrew's because they both mean so much to me and I want to give them their gifts myself so I finish getting ready and then I meet them and my dad sheds a few tears when he sees me "You look so beautiful sweetheart" he says "Thanks dad. I wanted to see both of you together because I have somethings I wanted you both to know. First dad you know how much I love you and the appreciation I have for everything you've done for me that got me here marrying the love of my life. You and mom were my first examples of what love is and I found all those qualities I saw growing up in Andrew and I just wanted to thank you for loving me through the tough times and for making me the woman I am now but I'll always be the little girl in the kitchen pretending she was your little sous chef. Richard you raised the man I fell so deeply in love with and I thank you for instilling in him the qualities and values he has that made him the man he is. You and Lynn welcomed me into your family barely knowing anything about me and you've shown me so much love and haven't held my past against me or doubted how much I love your son. I am so proud and excited to be joining your family and I love you both so much" I say and we're all crying a little by the end and I give them my gifts "Let's get me married" I say.

I made the decision to have my pops walk me down the aisle instead of my dad who was perfectly fine with the idea as he knew how much it meant to me. We are outside about to do the walk "Your grandmother would be so proud of you" he says "I know but she's here with us. My something old and something blue" I say and show him the charm on my bouquet which has a picture of them on their wedding day and he starts to get emotional "I can't cry again I don't think my makeup can take it" I say "I love you so much" he says and we hug just as they start playing my entrance song. Andrew cries when he sees me and I have to hold back my own tears. When it comes to our vows which we've written ourselves I know I'm going to cry. Andrew is first "My love, my other half, the missing piece of my soul. I've always struggled with unscrambling the thoughts in my head and the same happened when it came to writing these vows because their were so many things I wanted to say but my brain doesn't couldn't make them make sense. But I tried. You love me unconditionally despite my oddness because we're just as odd as each other I've found my perfect match in you my soulmate the person some cosmic force decided was the one for me and I thank whatever that may be for giving me you because without you I would be lost and alone still searching for the thing that completes me. You came into my life and made it better your the person I'll always turn to in times of doubt because you always know what to say, you listen, you love with all you have and your beautiful and kind and fierce and so much stronger than you think you are and I will make sure you know that every day for the rest of our lives and our children will have this incredible person as their mother and I can't wait to experience that with you and create this perfectly blended version of us who has all your amazing qualities. You are the love of my life and the night I walked into that bar was the best night of my life. You are my sun my moon and all my stars" he says and as I expected I'm crying but I pull myself together to say my vows "Andrew our love story began when I admitted to having a crush on you four years ago during an interview never expecting to actually meet you and fall in love with you. We started as friends but I always knew there's was something more even before their was and even before I believed it myself. I can't express how grateful I am for you and your never ending support their was a time before you were mine that I felt myself slipping away into this darkness that's always surrounded me but the more time I spent with you the brighter it became until there was only light. You are the person who makes me feel beautiful and believe it, who pushes me out of my comfort zone, you make me feel like I can do anything I've starred in a huge movie, been on stage in plays I love and wrote a book about a story I swore I'd never tell all because you made me feel brave enough to do it. I will always listen to your nonsense thoughts and I'll always be there when you feel lost. I love the journey we've been on so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. I love you with all my being and my heart is forever yours" I say and Andrew wipes tears away and we exchange rings "It is my absolute pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife" says our officiate who also happens to be a close friend of ours and Andrew kisses me and then lifts me slightly and spins me around before putting me down.

We head to the reception and we do the speeches and have food and mingle before our first dance "So your now officially Mrs.Garfield" he says as we're dancing "Still debating the name change I'm gonna have to test it out a little first before I go changing anything official" I say "I'm still gonna call you Mrs.Garfield" he says "Please do Mr.Garfield" I say "I will never tire of hearing you say that" he says "Me neither" I say and I kiss him. I have my father daughter dance with my dad and one with Andrew's dad and he also dances with his mom and mine before the real party starts and it is the most perfect day.