I'm Not Going Anywhere

I've been between Boston and New Orleans alot these last three months and I'm still not sure when I'll go back to New York as I'm still processing everything that happened. I had Odin brought out after my first two weeks here because I knew I'd be here for awhile so we're currently out for a walk around New Orleans and we've stopped for a little breather when I hear his voice the person I wanted to call countless times over the last few months but didn't "Hi beautiful" he says "Hi" I say "Before you start ranting about what a horrible person you think I think you are don't. Yes I was angry we'd just started something and it was going so well those last few weeks on set with you were my favourite and then you were gone but I knew you had a reason and it wasn't us and I just needed to give you time and space and be patient and hope you'd call but your mom called me even though I was on my way anyway when I saw your post about your grandmother and I'm so sorry about that. She told me she's worried about you that she sees signs of you spiralling and she doesn't think she's the person you need to keep that from happening. I'm not going anywhere I'm here as long as it takes for you to heal" he says "I'm usually the one who rants" I say "Figured it was my turn" he says "I've missed you and I am sorry" I say "I know" he says and then he kisses me.

We spend another two weeks in New Orleans before I'm ready to leave but instead of heading straight back to New York we decided that I'd spend some time in LA with Andrew before I go back to New York and work. It's harder to avoid paparazzi in LA but their pretty respectful of us not answering any questions. We're chilling out at Andrews and I'm looking through my social media when I spot something "The rumor mill is starting again. Garfield and Hughes have been spotted together several times in the last week and have even been seen exiting Garfields LA home together. The pair were also spotted in Hughes hometown of New Orleans spending time with her family are these two still just friends or is their something more going on between these two. We're gonna have to talk about this at some point" I say "I know but I'm happy with how things are now so let's keep them guessing a little longer" he says "Okay then by the way I have a surprise for you" I say "Is it a sexy surprise because I kinda like the idea of that" he says "No it's not a sexy surprise we'll save that for Valentines or our first anniversary. So I missed your birthday and I had plans and I owe you a chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream which I made this morning while you were out which is in the fridge" I say "Amazing I'm loving the surprise already" he says "But I also got you a gift it's a little late but here you go" I say and I hand him a box and he opens it and inside is a scrapbook and he opens it "This is all about us the article where you said you had a crush on me, a napkin from the bar we met in, photos of us. I love it" he says "It's kinda cliche I know but I like sentimental gifts over things you'll never use or wear again" I say "Its perfect" he says and kisses me "You really want that cake now don't you" I say "So bad" he says "Come on then" I say and we head for the kitchen.

After three weeks in LA I decide it's time to go back to New York and I've also signed on for a new project which starts next week. As I'm packing whilst Andrew just lays there not helping he says "I've been thinking we've spent the last five weeks together and I've really liked having you here and not in another city where we have to get on a plane just to see each other so I'm thinking you don't leave and just move in here permanently" he says "I'm not leaving New York. I need to be somewhere where it actually feels like the seasons change and its not just sunny 24/7" I say "Okay then I'll move I've never really been set on staying in LA long term" he says "Your serious about this" I say and he grabs me and pulls me on top of him so I'm straddling his waist "100% serious" he says "You do realize moving to New York and living in my house means this bubble of no one knowing we're together is gonna burst" I say "I know but we have until you get back from filming to deal with that. I'll stay here in LA until then getting everything sorted to move when you get back" he says "Okay so we're moving in together" I say "Yes we are and I think we should celebrate" he says and he kisses me.

So instead of going back to New York alone as planned I leave Odin with Andrew and make a pit stop in New York for more clothes before I head to Venice where I'll be filming for the next three months or so for my new movie. Being away from Andrew after spending so much time together is an adjustment and the different time zones makes it difficult to talk but we make it work "I don't know what to do about taking this movie it's a huge deal if I do and I love the idea of it" he says as we're talking one day "I think you need to sit down with Mel and talk to him and I'll think you'll find the answer you need but I think you should do it" I say "You're right I'm gonna talk to him. So I've been thinking about Christmas and when you break for filming how would you feel about spending it with me in Epsom" he says "You know how important spending the holidays with my family is to me" I say "I know which is why I've already spoken with your mum and dad and everyone else and their gonna come too. We're gonna have a massive Garfield/Hughes Christmas just how you like to celebrate" he says "Both our families together for Christmas" I say "Yes arrangements are already being made" he says "Then I say yes to Christmas in Epsom with you" I say "I can't wait" he says and I get called back to set "I have to go but I miss you" I say "I miss you too but Odins been keeping me company in bed he's a much better cuddler" he says "Funny just remember who your actually dating and who can do things for you Odin can't" I say "I take it back you are the best cuddler in the whole entire world" he says "Goodbye Andrew" I say "Bye my love" he says and I hang up.