We Can Finally Talk About It

We decided to host Christmas again this year but with the covid 19 situation still a massive problem we unfortunately can't celebrate with all my family because we are all scattered all over but we're having my parents who came over last week and Andrew's family for Iris's first Christmas and although we couldn't celebrate with all our family it still meant so much that we could see each other. Andrew and I are doing a joint interview today something we haven't done for awhile and its via zoom and my parents are still here staying with us for a few more days so that's baby duty covered. I decide to make a little effort even though you won't see below my waist but it feels good to dress up a little and put on some heels.

It's the first interview we've done with all the Spidermen and I'm only joining half way through so I spend some time with Iris feeding her before her nap. I join Andrew after he calls for me "There she is the beautiful Mrs.Garfield" Andrew says and I sit down next to him "How are you?" the interviewer asks "Good glad to be joining the boys. It's nice seeing them again even if it is virtually" I say "How's your little one doing how old is she now" he says "She's sleeping she loves her sleep which she gets from Andrew. She is a little over three months now which is crazy" I say "You were pregnant when you filmed your cameo in No Way Home did you ever consider not doing it" he says "Never when they asked Andrew and I to come back I was immediately on board the script was amazing bringing these three together was a brilliant idea we've both made lifelong friendships. It wasn't easy going back we had decided to only tell family about the pregnancy but we knew we couldn't not tell Kevin and Amy. I was so sick the first few months. Their was a point where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to fly to Atlanta because I was sick but we got there and Kevin and Amy they were so supportive of us and I don't appear for long which was ideal because it was hard enough getting those scenes done when I'm having to stop every ten minutes to puke or I'm in a trailer getting an IV because I'm feeling so weak but I loved coming back" I say "I had concerns about her doing this once we found out because at the end of the day she's my wife she was pregnant with our baby and my main focus was making sure they were both okay but Kevin and Amy were great and they gave us all the time we needed to get it done" Andrew says "We spoke about the sense of brotherhood we all felt doing this and I think we all felt this sense of protection over Sage and the baby" Tom says "I'd have Zendaya checking in on me and sitting with me whilst I got IVs and Tom would run to the store for my cravings and we talked parenting advice with Tobey it really was like a family" I say "Sage your MJ reveals to Peter right before the showdown with the sinister six that she's pregnant something you teased previously when denying your involvement in the movie was that always in the script or did it happen once they knew you were pregnant in real life" he says "It was in the script I think they wanted to tease the possibility of a Peter Parker as a father and how he would juggle that with being Spiderman and I think the reaction Andrew had showcased his Peter perfectly he's so protective of the ones he loves which I think all three of them are so it showed the connection they all have outside of being Spiderman" I say "How did you react to the news in real life Andrew" he says "I was emotional we obviously lost a baby before Iris and to be able to get pregnant again meant the world to us so I cried" Andrew says.

We chat more about the movie and my mom comes in with Iris and I disappear for a moment to feed her before I come back with her "Someone's being a little fussy so excuse the interruption but this is the first time Tom and Tobey are seeing Iris and we wish it was in person" I say "Hi Iris" they both say "I see she's gotten your red hair" he says "She does my hair Andrew's eyes" I say "Can you see her personality developing yet" he says "A little like I said she loves sleep she loves music. Andrew learned piano for Tick Tick Boom and would play for her whilst I was pregnant and she loves the water which I love so I think she's blending together both of our personalities which I love" I say "I have friends with kids and my brother has kids and they've told me stories about the things their kids have done and all that and I never really understood the fascination with that until Iris was born and now I'd tell anyone about the tiniest thing she does. She has completely captivated me and stolen my heart just like her mother did the first time I met her" Andrew says "I think we've both fallen in love with her and we can't wait to keep falling in love with the next one whenever that happens" I say and the interview ends and I change back into comfy clothes and cuddle with Iris and Andrew watching Encanto for the hundredth time.