Ch 4: Jailbreak

Y/n POV

I ran down the hallway and kept turning corners carefully until I reached the storage bay. There was a wagon full of coal next to a furnace, and barrels filled with water near the food stuffs. It's almost too easy.

I used a crowbar to quietly open the barrels. Then I stood in the center of them and raised my arms, bending the water up and out. I used it to pick up the pile of rocks and transport it over the wall and into the courtyard. 

Alright next is free the prisoners. I put the water in my bag and ran back into the prison. I lined up on one side of the row of cells and shot a blast of fire down it. It hit and burned each lock. I did the same to the other row, and Gila came out of her cell with the other prisoners. 

"I can't believe you did that. Let's blow this popsicle stand," she said with a smile. 

The other prisoners and I went to the courtyard and stocked up on weapons. I stood in front of the door and gathered the others in a circle.

"Earthbenders, you need to break through this door in one go. Once you make contact, you'll alert the guards," I warned and they all nodded. 

The earthbenders gathered all the coal into a large boulder and threw it at the gate, thankfully breaking it on the first throw. The gates fell down and we were free. But then a bell started ringing loudly. 

"Alright everyone, you need to run and run far! Split up if you can and take winding routes," I yelled. Everyone did as they were told. Before I could run off, I felt a hand grab mine.

"Good luck Y/n, safe travels," Gila said with a smile. I returned it and started running in the opposite direction of all the others.  

"Split up! I don't care about the others, but capture the general's daughter alive!" My legs started pushing me faster. 

As much as I want to see my father again, I don't want it to be as a prisoner!

I stumbled and fell because fire cut across my ankle, burning me. I groaned and looked up to see the captain and five soldiers closing in on me. 

I thought I was done for when I heard yelling to the side of me. I turned and a group of Water Tribe warriors were charging the Fire Nation soldiers. There were about fifteen warriors to the six soldiers, so the captain and his men were out numbered. 

"Wait, she's valuable to us. If you let us take her, we'll pay you a sizable amount," the captain bargained. The man who appeared to be the leader of the Water Tribe warriors stepped forward. 

"We're not selling this girl's life to you. Leave quietly, or stand and fight," he said. The captain sneered and firebent at the warrior leader, starting the fight. I stood up shakily and hobbled over to a tree, grabbing a spear head that was dropped by one of the soldiers. I stabbed it into a tree next to me, and a spring gushed forth. 

I used the water to make a whip, assaulting two of the soldiers nearest me. The captain was sneaking up on the leader of the warriors, so I directed the water at him and hit him square in the chest, freezing him to the ground. 

"Fine! We surrender, the girl is yours," the captain said from his position at the end of the warrior leader's machete. The man turned around, addressing the rest of his men. 

"Round up the Fire Nation soldiers! We'll drop them off on our way to Ba Sing Se," he said and the men replied with affirmatives before starting to move. The man walked over to me and I finally got a good look at him. He was tall and built, with dark brown hair, brown skin, and blue eyes. He seems so familiar.