Ch 14: Sokka Talk

Two days later...

Y/n POV

The feud between Katara and Toph hadn't let up and neither had Toph's scamming. I honestly understood both points of view, but I didn't want to say anything and seem partial. 

"I suppose you don't think what you're doing is dangerous at all?" Katara asked Toph as she came back from another day of scamming. 

"No I don't," Toph replied. 

"Well then, what's this?" Katara said pulling out Toph's wanted poster. But wait...

"I don't know! Seriously, what's with you people? I'm blind!" Toph said, pulling on her eyelids. Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh. 

"It's a wanted poster of you! Are you proud of this?" Katara asked.

"Where did you get that?" Toph asked. 

"It doesn't matter where I got it. The fact is—" Katara was interrupted by an angry Toph. 

"You went through my stuff! You had no right," she said.

"Your stuff was messy, and I was just straitening up, and I happened to stumble across it," Katara clarified. 

"That's a lie! You're lying Katara," Toph said while pointing an accusing finger at Katara. Katara smacked the finger out of her face. 

"Fine, it's a lie. But you've been so out of control lately, I knew something was up. I knew you were hiding something and you were," Katara said, once again showing the wanted poster. Toph smacked it out of her hand and stormed off. "Don't you walk away from me while I'm talking to you!" Katara yelled. 

"Oh, really, mom? Or what are you going to do? Send me to my room?" Toph taunted. Uh oh, that probably struck a nerve. 

"I wish I could," Katara replied. Toph whirled around angrily.

"Well you can't! Because you're not my mom and you're not their mom," Toph said gesturing to Aang, Sokka, and I sitting there watching the events unfold. Oh please leave us out of this...

"I never said I was," Katara defended. 

"No, but you certainly act like it. You think it's your job to boss everyone around, but it's not. You're just a regular kid like the rest of us, so stop acting like you can tell me what to do. I can do whatever I want," Toph yelled. Katara paused and looked down. 

"I don't act that way...Sokka, do I act motherly?" She snapped at Sokka who jumped in surprise. He held his hands up in surrender. 

"Hey, I'm staying out of this one," he said, easily pulling himself out of the conversation. 

"What do you think, Aang, Y/n? Do I act like a mom?" She asked us next and thankfully Aang spoke so I didn't have too. But he rubbed his eye nervously, which was a mistake that Katara called out. 

"I can't be around you right now!" Toph yelled and she stormed off. 

"Well I can't be around you!" Katara yelled and she went the other direction. Hawky squawked. 

"I know, Hawky. Why can't they just get along?" Sokka replied to his bird. 

"Well maybe if we give them a little time to cool off, they can talk it out later," I suggested. 

Several hours later... 

I stand corrected. Sokka, Aang, and I sat on a rock and watched Katara and Toph sit on opposite sides of the campsite, staring off into nothing in complete silence. And then Sokka broke that silence.