Ch 31: Waiting Game

A few days later...

Y/n POV

The Gaang was lounging on the stairs to the beach house, watching Aang and Zuko practice their firebending. 

"More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko yelled and Aang got frustrated. 

"I'm trying," Aang complained. Zuko didn't respond to that, instead issuing his next order. 

"Now let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo!" Zuko commanded. Aang gave a weak roar, barely spewing fire out of his mouth. Uh oh. Zuko raised an eyebrow. "I said, roar!" 

Aang tried again, producing more fire and satisfying Zuko. At that moment, Katara offered some watermelon juice, which made Aang come running. Except Zuko stopped him. 

"Relax, Zuko, let him take a break," I told him, sipping from the watermelon Sokka and I were sharing. 

"Fine, if you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail-sloths all day, go ahead!" Zuko jabbed. Sokka shrugged. 

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that...BEACH PARTY!" Sokka yelled and he stripped off his shirt and pants in favor of a swimsuit. 

He ran down to the beach, the others following suit quickly. I was about to follow them, but I stopped to look back at Zuko. He frowned and waved me off. 

"Enjoy your stupid beach party," he grumbled. I sighed and followed after the others down to the beach. I changed into a bikin top and shorts and sat by the water, watching Sokka build an enormous sand sculpture. 

"You need help?" I asked as I watched him lug buckets of water, seaweed, rocks, and sand up and down the beach. He shook his head with a big grin on his face. 

"Nope, I'm good," he said quickly and I shrugged. After a few minutes he presented me with his sand replica of me. Toph and Aang came over to assess his handiwork. 

"Is that a blubbering blob monster?" Aang asked, pointing at the mound of sand with seaweed hair, seashell lips, and a sea star nose. Sokka looked offended.

"No it's Y/n!" He clarified. Aang and Toph laughed. 

"Y/n, we'll all understand if you break up with him over this," Toph said through her giggles. I chuckled, getting up to walk over to Sokka. I placed an arm around him. 

"I love it," I told Sokka and he placed a fat kiss on my cheek. 

"But it doesn't even look like—" Aang was cut off by my sand effigy being blown to bits by a blast of fire. We all ducked and when the smoke cleared, we saw it was Zuko going crazy. 

He flew out of nowhere and kept throwing fire at Aang, driving him back up the cliff towards the beach house. Katara came in from surfing and asked us what happened.

"Zuko's gone crazy! I made a sand sculpture of Y/n and he destroyed it!" Sokka yelled, trying to pull together the remains of his sculpture. "Oh, and he's attacking Aang," he added. Nice to see your priorities are straight babe...At least he doesn't think Zuko's turned back to the evil side.

I grabbed Sokka from his sand sculpture and pulled him as we all ran up the cliff to figure out what exactly was going on with Zuko. The fight continued and Aang took the defensive from what we could see. 

All of a sudden, Zuko came flying out of the wall of the beach house. I ran to him, helping him stand up and checking for injuries. Then I gave him an injury by slapping him upside the head. 

"Are you out of your mind? What is wrong with you?" I asked him. The others ran up behind me, Katara taking over the verbal scolding. 

"You could've hurt Aang!" Katara yelled. Aang dropped down to the ground next to us, looking to Zuko for an explanation as well.