Ch 13: Scammers

A few more days later...

Y/n POV

Aang stood blindfolded and surrounded by Katara, Toph and I. We were sparring, exercising Aang's ability to handle anything that's thrown at him.

Toph started the assault, throwing up rock formations that Aang dodged easily. Katara stretched her water like a snake at him, but he redirected it back at her. I threw flames around his feet, and Aang responded by using air bending to float over them. 

"Good job twinkle toes. Visualize, then attack," Toph said, throwing a boulder at his head. Aang sunk into the ground so that the rock passed over him and hit Katara instead. 

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph," Katara said as she got up.

"What's the matter? Can't handle some dirt, Madame Fussy Britches?" Toph taunted. Um what is going on? 

Katara didn't take that well and she splashed Toph with a wave of water. 

"Oh, sorry. Did I splash you, Mud Slug?" Katara said. Toph clenched her fists and then earth surfed over to Katara. Katara ice surfed in the same direction and before I could step in, Aang stopped them by throwing them off their momentum. 

"Are we taking a break?" Aang asked innocently, still blindfolded. All of a sudden, I heard a scream and turned to see Sokka running towards Aang.

"Sneak attack!!" He yelled but he ran right into a rock formation that Aang had lifted. 

"Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud," Aang said and I took the opportunity to show them how it's done. I waterbent a funnel up and around Aang, trapping his body in the ice besides his head. He looked around confused before laughing. 

"He's right Sokka, you gotta be smooth with it," I said as I walked over to help him up. He took my hand and brushed himself off. 

"Hey, I'm the king of smooth," he defended and I giggled. He's so amusing. When a splash of mud landed at our feet, the three of us were alerted to the continuing "sparring" match between Toph and Katara. 

"Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph asked before she kicked mud in Katara's face. 

"I'll give you a mud pie!" Katara yelled and she bent mud up and over her head to knock Toph down. Toph retaliated by launching Katara backwards with an earth pillar springboard. The two were going to keep fighting so I spoke up.

"Uh, guys, we were supposed to be training Aang," I said, gesturing to the young Avatar looking on in confusion. The two paused and then stood up straight, composing themselves. 

"Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today," Katara said calmly to Aang, and then she walked off. Probably to go get cleaned up. 

"While Katara cleans up, let's go have some fun," Toph said, bending the mud off her completely. Sokka, Aang, and I looked at each other excitedly.

"Yeah!" We all cheered. I grabbed my dagger and strapped it to my waist, everyone else grabbing what they needed. 

We walked into town and I noticed Sokka looked fascinated with the messenger hawks in the sky. 

"Look at all those messenger hawks! You know, I've been thinking about getting one for myself. That way, I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. I could send them messages," Sokka said excitedly. 

"I got to say, I like the idea of not talking to you," Toph joked. Sokka pouted but the joke was funny so I had to laugh. 

"So, guys, what are we gonna get with our last silver piece?" Aang asked. The rest of us kept walking until Toph stopped and spoke up.